Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Masons Hot Rods....whos going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Mason's Hot Rods in Spartanburg,S.C. will be hosting their Annual Show and Toy drive on November 9th.

They always have a big turn out and you might get to rub shoulders with a few NASCAR legions as well as some drag racing heros.

[​IMG]

If you like Fords,with big engines,this is the place!

The entire staff does a great job,,for me this is a must.

Please bring a new unwrapped top for a boy or a girl. HRP

2. Always a good time. A few shots from last year...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. MrNailhead401

MrNailhead401

Hi HRP,Kay and I are planning on making it this year.See ya there. Harry:)

4. Hope to see you there,,

Anyone else? HRP

5. I see my one star stalker has still got a hard on for me! :rolleyes: HRP

6. Mason's is this coming Saturday,,if your in the area and like cars all it cost is the price of a toy to help see the underprivileged children in the area have a toy for Christmas.

Everyone's generosity helped fill 2 station wagons last year. :) HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Just a heads up.

The show is Tomorrow,,November 9th. HRP

8. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Hey hrp how about some pics? Have fun and bring a jacket.got much cooler in the past 24 hours.

9. Just check the camera and made sure I had fresh battery's and a coat is always a good idea,,last year was cool,the year before the wind was howling and it was cold! HRP

10. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

For those of us that can't make it I'll be looking forward to seeing pics from you guys.

11. We left the house a 6:00 AM and met a couple of fellow club members at McDonalds,,had a quick bite and were on out way,,got to Masons at about 8:00 and the place was packed.

A lotta local guys were there,,Gene Cromer & Melvin Craft,Quain Stott,David Greg were there with the Moonlighter.

I saw and talked with several Hambers and I'm sure Tom(seadog) will be posting some great photos soon.

More Big Block fords,SOHC engines and some other make thrown in.

Jerry & Allen really know how to show Southern Hospitality and I believe this is the biggest show yet.

The Two station wagons were full of toys! :)

I'm not know for great photos but what few that were taken is being uploaded. HRP

12. There are just a few photo,I spent more time talking and walking that taking pictures,,,,but here goes. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. This is the engine in Jerry's Thunder Bolt..

[​IMG]

and a few other cars in Jerry & Allan's toy box.. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. 'Back from Mason's Hot Rods annual open house and it was another good one. It was good to see Danny (Hotrodprimer) & Brenda and others. The weather was outstanding, a beautiful fall day in the Carolinas and it really brought out the cars and crowds.

There was a good variety of cars with more FORDS than the law allows in one place. I only took a few photos. There were so many cars so tightly parked that even with a wide angle lens it was tough to get decent shots.

[​IMG]

Here's some of the cars and people...

[​IMG]

Three Deuces...(the black roadster and the bare metal three window were ENTIRELY TOO CLEAN). I felt like I was driving down the property values in the neighborhood. Both of these cars were super nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Engine in the black roadster...

[​IMG]

The Moonlighter put in an appearance...

[​IMG]

Gene signs another autograph...

[​IMG]

The next big event in the southeast is coming up next Saturday (11/16)...big gasser show at Greer Dragway, Greer, SC. The Moonlighter and others will be running. 'Looking forward to it.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  15. Melvin told me now that the Drag Racing hall of fame deal is over Gene is gonna run the Willys hard at Greer next week,,and the weeks after he is going to rebuilt that old worn out knee where he can start getting around better. HRP

16. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Great pics guys thanks.