Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 25 T roadster gow job build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by olskool34, Sep 13, 2013.

1. -Brent-

-Brent-

Model a subs are a nice touch!

2. panthershaun

panthershaun
    from Kent UK

subscribed.. currently putting together an A powered T on T rails... building it using a 24T tourer front body and turtle deck.. but may swap the coop body onto it at a later date... love the A subframe idea...

3. olskool34

olskool34

Talked to a buddy of mine today (vernor-green garage on here) and told him about wanting mechanical brakes. I sold him a Model A coupe last year that he is currently building. I know he plans on a hemi for it so I asked the question. Wanna trade my juice brakes for yours? He said that he would do the trade so looks like mechanical brakes are going to stop my T. Thanks Jerry! I think it is going to work out for the both of us as nobody wants to try and stop a hemi powered A coupe with mechanical brakes.

Atwater Mike likes this.
  4. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Sweet deal!!! I love a good trade!!

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

That could be the model for the perfect T Bucket seat frame.

6. woody58

woody58

Jeff,
    Looks great! Sorry I haven't been on the Hamb in a while and just saw your message. It looks like I sold the T to the right guy. Glad to see it getting a second chance at life and looking forward to seeing more! Gonna be a cool little T.

7. olskool34

olskool34

Glad you got my pm, I was hoping you would get it and be able to follow along with the build. Thanks again!

I got the door done, it shuts like a bank vault door now and latches effortlessly, I will post some pics tonight.

8. olskool34

olskool34

I used the section of body I cut out to skin the inner door. I wish I had a bead roller to put some factory beads in it but oh well. It now shuts with a solid thud and doesn't twist anymore. Also took the latch apart and put new springs inside. Really happy with the door fit. I am now going to focus on capping the body from the doors back to make it match. I need to cut off the lip that nailed to the wood and cap it with a rolled edge on the end.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
    Dannerr likes this.
  9. Anderson

Anderson

I like the way you skinned the inside of that door! I think I'm going to steal that idea :D

10. olskool34

olskool34

Today I started on finishing the top of the back of the body where it didn't really exist. I cut the wood tac strip off and added 1 inch of flat with round stock capping off the end to match what Ford did with the door (s). I have the passenger side almost done and the rest just tacked in. This really strengthened the back of the body. I am still going to put some braces in the very back but it is really stiff already. After this I am going to focus on getting the turtle deck fitted.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dannerr and brEad like this.
  11. olskool34

olskool34

Today after work I got to work on the back and it is pretty much done, just some final finishing. I continued the moulding that connects the back and side panels over the top and I think it turned out nice. I need to to a little more to the body but overall I am happy with it. It is going to be a gow job afterall and they were not finished like show cars. I got some steel from work to start the turtle deck subrail and hopefully I will have something to show by the weekend.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DylanHill1931, Dannerr and brEad like this.
  12. Shaun1162

Shaun1162

Nice project! Looks like it's coming right along! I think this'll look much better then the 60's style T-Buckets :)

volvobrynk likes this.
  13. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Excellent work!!! I love the seat frame and the door skins. Very cool!!!

14. olskool34

olskool34

Thanks man, I put a pic of your roadster up in my garage last night along with a few others to keep me inspired.

15. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Ha! That's cool and a good idea!!!

Man...that little body is looking solid as hell!! Can't wait to see more!!

16. olskool34

olskool34

Well it has a turtle deck now. I had to make a filler panel behind the body that mates the two but once all the metal work is done, it should look pretty good. I made the subrail part of the body so the turtle deck can still be removed if need be. Still alot more to do but it's starting to look like a roadster now. Also picked up my shortened A radiator and it fits the T shell very well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Outback, Dannerr, brEad and 1 other person like this.
  17. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Hell yes!!!!! This is looking fantastic!!!!!

18. olskool34

olskool34

Thanks Bugsy! Bringing in the chassis now to narrow the rails to fit under the T back end.

19. olskool34

olskool34

My wife says I do not take enough before and after pics and she is right. I just plain forget to take pics when I am working on something. She found this pic she took the night I got the T body and this is what I started with, it was just an old hulk from a field that was stashed away in a shed.

[​IMG]

Dannerr likes this.
  20. olskool34

olskool34

I went out to the garage today after work and I just really wasn't motivated. It has been raining all day and I didn't feel like moving everything outside to work on the body. I started cleaning and found this original 29 taillight. I was curious as to how it would look so I chopped it down and mounted it to the subframe. Exactly the look I was going for!

[​IMG]

Dannerr and brEad like this.
  21. bct

bct

the taillight looks right at home. what did you use for your bun panels? or are they stock. I have the front half and a turtle deck and plan to do the same conversion as you.thanks

22. 94hoghead

94hoghead

I'm building a 25 RPU. I wish I could find a roadster dash. I like the way you built yours.....

23. olskool34

olskool34

They are stock touring car. You need the back half of the touring or roadster to make it work, or you have that weird edge of the rear doors that ends abrubtly. The bun panels don't flow right into the bottom like a roadster but I think it looks fine. I could not find a source for aftermarket early roadster bun panels, just the 26-7 panels. I could have bought the later ones but I don't know if the curve is the same. If you need any in-depth pics or measurements, let me know.

This is what a turtle deck on a cut off touring looks like. I do not like the looks of this so I bought the whole body just to use the curved back. fits a hell of alot better.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  24. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Looking good, Bro! The taillight looks like it was meant to be there!

I was the same way last night with zero motivation so I stayed inside, drank too much rum and handed out Halloween candy instead! Tonight....I'm going to get back after it though...I think!

25. olskool34

olskool34

Yeah sounds like we had the same kind of night, drank too much.......at least the weekend is almost here, I can always get alot more done when I don't have to go to my day job.

26. This is great man. Very nice metalwork on the body!

27. Squablow

Squablow

Looks nice, I'm working on a '26 RPU with a '25 turtle deck so it's neat to see how yours is done in comparison. I think I'm going to do something similar with the seat pan as well.

28. slobroy

slobroy

I like how this is going. I scored an original frame a couple years ago and today I found a roadster body with a turtle deck. I always wanted a "skeeter" for the swap meets. I going to have to rat hole this one cause I got three other projects going on now. but I'm afraid if I don't get on with it that body may be gone...

29. olskool34

olskool34

Thanks man, I really appreciate it!