Register now to get rid of these ads!

SW Chicago HAMB and eggs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by palosfv3, Oct 19, 2007.

1. cmarcus

cmarcus

Since I recently posted on this, TinMan mentioned ya'll get together almost every week, once the weather is nice. Is this still happening?

2. NEW LOCATION!!!

Effective 7:00 am, Saturday, November 9th we will be meeting at Chuck's second location, 8025 S Cass Ave., Darien, IL.

It's the same old Chuck's (same management, same great menu) but in a much better location. It's on Cass Ave., a quarter-mile north of I-55 (Historic Rt.66). Convenient to I-355 and I-294.

It is hoped that more folks will consider joining us as winter approaches. Easy to get to, tons of parking, wonderful food and questionable company.

3. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

I've never been to a Chicago Hamb & Eggs gathering, but the new Darien location is now a lot closer to me. How do these work? Do people still attend if their car isn't on the road yet? If I were to attend, I probably don't know anyone attending, and I cannot drive my '51 Merc yet.

4. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Its not a car show, its breakfast so you can drive whatever you want.:D

5. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Since they've done away with the sodomy initiation ritual, there really aren't any restrictions. As Tman said, just come on and have breakfast with us. We're all friends and would welcome you. Heck, if they let me eat with them, they'll just about let anyone! Hope to see you. Stu

6. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

Alright, cool. It sounds like a good time.
    I just hope I don't have to listen to any stories about the good 'ol days of those initiation rituals.

7. Yippie skippie. Close to da casa.

8. I need to check with Amanda to see if they have live entertainment for breakfast at Cass ave on the 3rd Saturday. Dennis is a good guitarist and adds something to breakfast that just makes Chuck's unique. If not we may have to resort to other means of live entertainment at breakfast. I ran into a girl last week that lap dances to Foggy Mountain Breakdown . Could be interesting if she stops by.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  9. silent rick

silent rick

mucho further awayo now

10. Petro's (HAMBmondEggs home base) to Chuck's Burbank: 27.6 miles, 34 minutes

Petro's to Chuck's Darien: 35.6 miles, 38 Minutes

There is not really a huge difference. You guys will miss the 95th St exit toll but catch the 83rd St toll plaza so there is probably an increase in toll costs.

11. silent rick

silent rick

i snake through the city saying hey to my homies. that's even shorter yet. still, the distance won't keep me away. bill and jim ate with us this past saturday.

12. jim32

jim32
    1. Hamb & Eggs

Yes Silent rick speeks the truth. Bill and I will attemp an early morning border crossing to see this new location.

13. Just a reminder.....

This Saturday, November 2nd will be the last scheduled breakfast in Burbank.

We will meet in Darien NEXT Saturday, November 9th.

14. Bobert

Bobert
    Member Emeritus

I plan to make it to Burbank one last time! Not so sure on the 9th. Figures doesn't it? Potential for medical stuff that week. If I do make it, be sure to wear lead shielding.

15. Ahh, the end of an era. Seeing as though it was Larry and I at the first breakfast, it is probably only right that to close this Burbank meeting place out officially I should wake up early to drag myself the mile and a half or so to make this monumental event. It is a sad truth that I have too long been absent from the HAMB circle at 7:00 am on Saturdays but this absence is driven by my own dopeyness! I will set my alarm, sleep in my clothes tie a string around my finger and maybe even break the 36 of its summer long slumber to get to CHUCKS one last time. Maybe even Son of a MItch too if I can wake him up. See you all Saturday, Mitch :)

16. Hellfish

Hellfish

The new location is much further for me, too, but that doesn't matter much. I only seem to be able to manage a visit once a year if I'm lucky. Maybe this Saturday will be the ONE. :) What time do you meet again?

17. Just after the Vampires go to bed at 7:00am. Mitch.

18. I wonder if someone might post the location change on the Social Group too. I didn't realize this thread existed until this week and I been going to breakfast regularly for a few years now. :D

19. I posted it to page one on the social group before I posted it here. There is a link to the social group on post #1 above along with Fearless Leader's good-intentioned explanation of why the group was created. There is also a link to this thread on post #1 of the social group.

We debated whether to post the change of location on the main board but with Ryan's "new look" there is now a dedicated place to put it ... thanks, boss!

20. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Wow, Mitch 36 reappears. For those coming from Indiana, 294 to 127th exit, go west and pick up Rt 83. Take that all the way west, t's by canals, go north to Bluff rd[stoplight]. Left onto Bluff, follow it thru Argonne lab, across I 55, and a couple of blocks you there. From 294 to Chucks, probably 15 to 20 minutes depending on lights. Nice drive down Rt 83 thru the woods.
    I wonder if they have binets every third saturday?

21. I'll put my glasses back on and pay more betters attention. :)

22. Hellfish

Hellfish

I think there's a breakfast social group and then there's the Czar Orphan group, so it depends on which one it was posted to/you checked.

23. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Is Nov. 9th the grand opening of the HAMB AND EGGS in DARIEN? Complete with marching bands, floats and BEAUTY QUEENS? A ribbon cutting ceremony and all that stuff? Does this mean it's a sort of MANDATORY meeting? Does this mean I have to wear CLEAN clothes and have to give the annual wash job to the ELDERRODDERS truck EARLY??? THATS asking a lot, you know!!! RINALDI

24. Just don't pet any dogs on the way over .

25. You're right, the breakfast social group is called HAMB & Eggs (link at post #1 above). It was started by palosfv3 (Fearless Leader) as an avenue to assemble basic information on breakfast meetings world-wide. The SW Chicago HAMB & Eggs group posted our information and then we suggested to our group that we use that thread to communicate among ourselves rather than clog the main board. So far we've spared the main board 1814 semi-useless messages, uh, make that totally-useless messages..

Thanks for the idea of posting to the Czars' Orphan group.

26. Hey there Greg, weve had a lot of stuff going on in the last year or so and the hot rod fun had to take a back seat for a while. The Ford has been locked up in my moms garage and has only been out 3 times this year, this has never happened before. Got alot of catching up to do Saturday, missed you guys. Mitch.

27. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Saturday was well worth getting up for, with a whole 3 1/2 hours of sleep. Great to see buddies. And Natasha, Fearless Leaders wife. All we need is Bullwinkle. Next week, new spot !

28. ARE YOU GUYS GOING EVERY SATURDAY, OR, ONCE A MONTH?
    I HAVE SATURDAYS FREE NOW, SO I'LL TRY TO ATTEND SOME.
    30 miles for me.

29. Camaro Mike

Camaro Mike

Every Saturday. It would be great to see you in Darien.

30. Thought I'd bump this old thread . How time flies . Cant believe its almost 8 years and we are still meeting every Saturday . The location has changed to Chuck's other restaurant at 8201 S Cass, Darien , Ill . Same great food and friends.
    Old and new HAMBer's as well as the out of towners visting the Chicago area are welcome . The weather is gettin nice and this is as good of an excuse as you can find to get the car fired up after another Chicago winter .