Register now to get rid of these ads!

First Ever Resto 1950 Plymouth P-19 DeLuxe

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Firecatt1975, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Hey Folks, Fellow Gearheads, Antique Vehicle Lovers alike! A quick Hello, Howdey!
    :D Cruisin the web looking for info on all any any parts, rebuild, and details on my very first resto project. Found this site and you tickled my interest :)!
    My baby is a 1950 Plymouth P-19 with a P-17 engine! I hope I can keep finding treasures of information here and elsewhere!

I look forward to browsing the site and gleaning nitty gritty details from the recesses of the site!

Happy Builds!!

2. Firecatt, welcome from Kansas City...any pics of your '50 to share?

3. Hemishovel

Hemishovel

Welcome from wi good luck

4. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

Welcome man, my buddies and I love these cars and mess with them a lot. They are a very under-rated body style that are gaining in popularity. We are in the process of parting out a '50 Plym so if there's anything you need send me a shout!

5. hendo0601

hendo0601
    from Tacoma, WA

Welcome from sunny (rainy) tacoma, wa! We just recently scored a cherry 1950 chrysler that im about ready to dig into. Got any pictures of your plymouth? Build ideas?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. farmer12

farmer12

Welcome from the Netherlands!

7. welcome aboard .....

8. swaluda

swaluda
    from pa.

Hey apocalypse, ya got any pictures on how the rockers and floors tie together on a 50 Plymouth,,,,Stan

9. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1378835515.023844.jpg
    Sorry Guys, this chicky is just figuring her way about forums with a phone!! Lol I hope the picture loads!

10. Slimjenkins

Slimjenkins

11. hendo0601

hendo0601
    from Tacoma, WA

Whoa that thing is sweet!!! Doesnt look too terrible considering how old she is. Good luck with your build, and I hope we get to see more pictures of it soon!

12. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

The Pym. we have is rotted but we have a real solid '51 DeSoto that should be about the same since it's a P-20. Want me to get pics of it?

13. I would love pic's!
    As far as build..... We were told she turned over with good compression, so I gotta find a carb rebuild kit first. I am gonna swap out the fluids, and give her a try! I figure that will happen about May of next year, with winter hitting us in about 6 weeks.
    I would like to keep the engine as well as the rest of her as original looking as possible. I do intend on smoothing her out and losing a few body seams! Lol
    The floor pans are SHOT! So is the trunk and rockers, but hey that's to be expected up here! My son wants to practice with the few dents she has, as he is getting into body work and painting!
    Here's hoping I can have her done in about 4 years! Till then she will be "Under Construction" and yes I will keep you posted!

14. hendo0601

hendo0601
    from Tacoma, WA

I dont think I could wait that long to see if that thing fires up or not...I would get that carb rebuilt, give it a fresh oil change, fill the radiator with coolant and give her a whirl! Just a bit of advice...disconnect the inlet side of the fuel pump and run a short piece of hose into a clean container of gasoline, that way you dont 1)trash your fuel filter 2)trash your freshly rebuilt carb 3)pull a billion years worth of shit from the bottom of that tank. I bet $20 bucks you can fire thing thing up before winter:) cant wait to see progress!!!!

15. Lol, its going to be winter before the carb kit gets here!! By that time it's gonna be about -10 daytime highs! Way too cold to work on anything besides a snow shovel!

Blood and oil do so mix! SEE!

16. raff23089

raff23089

Greetings from a fellow Canuck and 50 Plymouth fan

17. Slimjenkins

Slimjenkins

eBay sells some new floor pans

18. Hendo! I am loving the common sense with the dash of humor! The hubby smiled as I read the post! We are going to see if we can rush the kit, if possible. We would like to give her a whirl before winter for sure, postal service sucks here, BAD!

Blood and oil do so mix! SEE!

19. hendo0601

hendo0601
    from Tacoma, WA

it is what I do! I inject humor into just about everything in life. Tell your mail carrier to stop playing hockey for 5 minutes and deliver that rebuild kit already! Sorry...had to throw a hockey joke in there for all of you canadians. I found repop floorpans in the most unlikely of places, www.rockauto.com . No idea of the quality but the fact they are available out there is a good thing. Good luck, eh!

20. 1955IHC

1955IHC

Welcome from Essex Illinois.

Sent via Western Union Express

21. Wayfarerwalk

Wayfarerwalk

Welcome Firecatt, gotta 1950 Dodge Wayfarer convertible, these old cars are fun to drive and at car shows they seem to get a lot of attention, something different from the Tri-5's that are everywhere.

22. xwing01

xwing01

Welcome from IN, pics are loved by all of us

23. Welcome from So Cal.....check out:http://p15-d24.com/ all about 30's, 40's, & 50's Mopars.

24. 1950 Special Deluxe

1950 Special Deluxe
    from Saskatoon

Welcome from Saskatchewan.
    I have the sister car to yours, a 1950 Dodge Special Deluxe (D36)
    It has been in my wife's family since early 50's.
    I bought a carb kit locally.

Attached Files:

25. 1950 Special Deluxe

1950 Special Deluxe
    from Saskatoon

When you check out the P15D24 website, search Bamford's Garage.
    He has done amazing things with his car.