Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Hog Shed Corvette

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by basicbob, Oct 30, 2013.

1. I would like to hear more info on the car. Either in my dads albums or some shots Fergen has posted I have seen this car before. I am sure I have seen it.

volvobrynk likes this.
  2. chopd top

chopd top
    from Florida
    1. HAMB Relays

WOW! That thing sure is a flash back! Nice score indeed!!!

volvobrynk likes this.
  3. [​IMG]

Cats you say? Now you can tell everyone you have a bonafide "Pussy Wagon"... I couldn't stop thinking about the truck from Kill Bill when I read that. It would make a great plate!
    [​IMG]

Nice find!!

4. Better buy the special soap to was it with. Great find.

5. 4oldfords

4oldfords
    from Texas

That is great - so glad you are gonna keep that paint job. I am not sure if it is proper to ask but......how much did you pay? or if I can't ask that... how much were they asking for it?

too cool

6. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

good lookin VETTE

7. Shipper Sel

Shipper Sel
    from SoCal

I love to hear about finds like this. 8track and all! Cool shifter... Is that a a pair of air filters on that thing?

8. basicbob

basicbob

4oldfords, I would tell you what I paid but it actually was/is a stupid price.

I can tell you the Corvette sitting next to this one was purchased for $800.00 in 1976.

Thanks Bob

9. ownster

ownster

With paint like that there's gotta be some history and/or an interesting story to tell! Good luck w/ your resto.

10. stupid high or stupid low ?? just curious if the sick deals are still out there ?!!!

11. Plowboy

Plowboy

Bob, I look forward to seeing it. We can go Vetting together next year! ha ha

12. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Can't wait to see it in person at Cavalcade! Are you bringing the cats with ya?

13. basicbob

basicbob

Studog51, widow asked me not tell sale price. She had family friend wanting the Corvette after she & I agreed on a price.

Aaron, maybe we could just do burnouts together! Thanks,Bob

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
    volvobrynk likes this.
  14. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

Killer score!!!

15. Great score! The FI unit will have to be gone through, I have a few sources for parts and expertise if you need.

16. WOW...hope to see it in person one day.

Congrats

17. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Yes. I know a guy who travels a lot and is always finding cool stuff at lower than auction prices. Sometimes, stuff really does fall into your lap. Having the money to act is what hurts a lot of people. Experience taught me well.

volvobrynk likes this.
  18. Roadsir

Roadsir

I'm glad a HAMB'r got it. I saw it advertised locally, and I just wasn't in a position to pursue it..
    I really like the paint, it really resonates with the era I was growing up in.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  19. Moon Rocket

Moon Rocket
    BANNED
    from GA

For some reason when the words "Hog Shed" find is mentioned most folks think the car can be bought for some crazy low price.

While there may be a few, most "found" car are sold for solid, realistic, fair value money.

Ether way, this Vette is COOL.

volvobrynk likes this.
  20. Ohhh, you hit the jackpot my friend. Cool enough being a Vette, but with the fuel injection you are sitting pretty.

58jim likes this.
  21. 1947vert

1947vert
    from Minnesota

Bob, glad to see you got the Vette home. I am sure it will clean up nice. A great "period perfect" piece.

22. k9racer

k9racer

With that car in your shop you do have room to work on other project's. So to save you a lot of trouble I will be a nice guy and buy the car from you.. You should call the cats C BO because from the paint job maybe one or 2 tokes may have been taken in the car.. Great Find and I hope you have many great times.. One real question.. How long did it take to get the owner to sell.??. I have one car that I have been working on trying to buy for about 22 years.. Bobby

23. YBNORML

YBNORML
    from canada

Awesome score!! I love the crazy paint scheme.

24. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

The car looks like it would be right at home on the Junior Stock thread, right here on the HAMB. What was the "other" Vette? Very nice. Butch/56sedandelivery.

25. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

Congrats on the 'Vette find, Bob....I know you'll put her in good shape and enjoy.....Joe

26. Plowboy

Plowboy

I think mine is getting a new motor this winter so it might actually spin the tires. ha ha

27. Chevy55

Chevy55
    from Nebraska

Very very cool!!! Diggin the paint and slot wheels. Can't wait to see this one cleaned up and going again. What brand are the wheels? I can't read the center caps.

28. basicbob

basicbob

Wheels are "International" brand, still have decals on the caps.

29. Man, what a great find ! Will you have the windows down at the car show so the "as found" air resinates out of there ? ha ha

30. :D
    Singing "O lord won't cha by me a Mercedes Benz"

volvobrynk likes this.