Register now to get rid of these ads!

Moving to Michigan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CADILLAC AL, Oct 29, 2013.

1. CADILLAC AL

CADILLAC AL
    1. oHIo

As of the first of November I will be an official Michigander. I drove the 51 Cad up last weekend to my sons place (really should have hooked up that heater) & am looking forward to many years of a good hotrodding life there. I will be living in Lake Orion & working in dowtown Detroit.
    Please let me know wher all the good museums, shops, shows & runs are.
    Looking forward to meeting many Mi. HAMBers.
    Cadillac Al:cool:

2. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

Welcome! Always room for another Cadillac.

3. And I heard everyone was moving out of Michigan.

4. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Lake Orion's a nice area, and downtown Detroit is becoming pretty cool. That's going to be a godawful commute, though. I hate going down 24 and 75.

Welcome to the state. Your first museum visit ought to be the Henry Ford. You'll need at least one day for the museum and one day for Greenfield Village.

5. The Sloan and the Gilroy museums are grand!

6. Root Down

Root Down
    from Flint, MI

Welcome. Yeah 24 is a drag in rush hour traffic. I'm glad I don't make those commutes anymore. My wife still drives to Madison Heights to work, but its third shift, no much traffic.
    Flint has the Sloan Museum and Buick Gallery.

7. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I think you mean the Gilmore, in Hickory Corners? That's on my must-see list - especially now that they opened their Model A wing.

If they ever re-open the Walter P. Chrysler Museum, that's right in your back yard (Auburn Hills) and had a nice collection.

8. xwing01

xwing01

Moving to MI from where?

9. Yes....Gilmore. Sorry and thanks at the same time. The Chrysler museum is awesome....

10. .......and I was told the only Kool thing left was Denise.:D

11. millersgarage

millersgarage

Welcome to the mitten.

12. Oldbill51

Oldbill51

I live about 20 miles north of Lake Orion and drove through there almost every day for nearly 40 years. As those above already said, M-24 sucks pretty bad, but it can be tolerated, and I'm living proof.

There are lots of car related activities in our immediate location, ah starting next spring. During the winter, we all pretty much do the stuff we don't have time to do during the summer, like work on our cars.

Welcome to Michigan, it's a great place to be from.

13. We welcome you and your tax dollars to our fair state. Join the GMB group here...always something car related to do from May to October around here.

14. jdubbya

jdubbya

Welcome to the state, a lot to do around here car related. Lake Orion is a pretty central location to hit events all over, without a major haul to get there. If you get up here to Flint, let us know, we will make sure you know the password in our city, that will keep you from being violated... hahaha!

15. CADILLAC AL

CADILLAC AL
    1. oHIo

Buckeye Country/ Columbus, Ohio

16. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Won't they call you a traitor in Ohio now?
    I just moved from Mi. to Az. last year, got tired of the snow.

You can always ck out the AutoRama at Cobo Hall in the early spring.
    Frankenmuth is a good 3 day event in Sept. I wouldn't bother with the DreamCruise unless you like traffic jams, go to Back to the Bricks in Flint held on the same weekend.

17. fordflambe

fordflambe

Lots of rich Automobile history in Michigan...........You'll find lots of people with very nice cars......once the weather gets nice in the spring.

18. .

Welcome to Michigan. Your gonna like it here, next spring, after you hate it here this winter.

Lots of car stuff to do and lots of cool folks around.

19. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

Welcome to the motor city!

All the above mentioned.
    I'll add the hudson museum in Yipsilanti and the model T plant downtown near the Fisher Bldg.Also,the week before the dream cruise is more advisable.You'll see more and actually be able to drive around.

http://www.ypsiautoheritage.org
    http://www.tplex.org

20. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Welcome from Northville

Singlefingerspeedshop.com. Detroit

21. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Welcome! the Gilmore is a must. Northern MI is beautiful for long, two lane road trips.

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks bud:eek:

WOW, very cool. Like others have said, lots of great car related stuff to do all year long. I just went to the Gilmore Museum last Saturday and to day it was awesome would be an understatement.

Where are you working downtown? I'm in the Crain Communication building which over looks Ford Field and Comerica Park. I can walk to Eastern Market for lunch. Perhaps lunch one day soon?

Welcome!

23. harleyjohn45

harleyjohn45

Thats what I heard on TV. Actually Michigan is a beautiful state.

24. no55mad

no55mad

This was on the west coast of Mi last week. I've got lots of wood here if you need a heat source.

Attached Files:

25. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Shhhhh, don't tell anyone that, it's a secret.....

26. chopped

chopped

Love the seasons. Fall, winter, spring and the forth of July.

27. derbydad276

derbydad276

welcome to the D

if your working downtown
    and only staying at your sons hose is a temporary thing I suggest looking for digs in western wayne county where me, captain scarlet, Tiki and Denise (hotrodlady) all live (aka) the cool members