Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sun Visors, Love 'em or Hate 'em?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kenny P, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Cruiser

Cruiser

The bottom line here is "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" run what you like no matter what anyone says.
    These threads always seem to come out the same about 50/50.

Visor vs no visor

SBC vs all the others engines

Ford vs Chevy etc. etc. etc......................

CRUISER :cool:

2. U-235

U-235

If you think you're "old school" by adding a sunvisor to your custom, then you haven't done your homework...look back thru the pages of the early magazines and you'd be hard pressed to find a feature of any car with them on. This was something old men had on their cars. It was the first thing to go on any car a kid got hold of. Sure, there were some, but not many.

3. 53Hattie

53Hattie

Neither luv'm or hate'm, they're cool on some rigs, but have never really been my cup'o, ...partly because at 6'2"+ I already have to duck & crane to see traffic signals and the like.

4. Orn

Orn

I sure like them on the right car...

5. Loppy

Loppy

El nono! The next thing ya know you'll have curb feelers, edge bumpers, and stick-on port holes. And ya don't wanna be that guy ; )

6. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Have a nice polished S/S Comet Skyshield that may go on my '46 Olds, halves are pressed waffle finish. Still in 2 minds about it?

7. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

cool factor= high, Pain in the ass factor= high,
    but basic requirement for some vehicles IMNSHO.

8. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

if we are talking about customs here (and I guess seeing as this is the HAMB, we should be) then this is a very well put argument against them, and I speak as someone guilty of this offence while back.
    Paul

9. I'm all over the map of this question. I guess it just depends on the car.

Growing up in so cal, I only remember seeing sun visors on old man's cars and low riders. On the low riders sometimes they looked good and sometimes they didn't. I guess they're okay if they flow with the lines of the car and don't look like some tacked on accessory. That brings to mind a 40's Chevy that we have here locally. It has a sun visor and every possible factory option that was available. It looks like a freakin' circus. I hate it.

All that being said, I think they can look good on the right car. I guess I would just know when I see it. Though, I still can't get past the the childhood thing of associating them with an man's car. But, I guess that is even nostalgic for me in a certain way.

So, how do I feel about them? Hell, I don't know.

10. I think they are fine on an old restored Hudson, Buick 4 door sedan, Kaiser or some other old womans car. I grew up in the 50s and didn't see many except on some old lady's car or a hillbilly's car so I just associate them with "nimiety"..or too muchness. You can go over the top and just do to much to a car.

11. flyingpiston53

flyingpiston53
    from bristol ri

Ive had mine on for a while looks almost chopped with it

Attached Files:

12. Jon1953B4

Jon1953B4
    from MD

13. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I have this nice N.O.S. visor and think I may just use it on the Farm Truck

[​IMG]

14. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I think they look best on a stock bodied car (like a lowrider or very very mild custom). . once the car get mods I think it becomes cluttered looking. there is always exception to the rule but the cleaner looking the car the more a visor fits

15. flyin-t

flyin-t

First thing I did was to take off the ugly ass visor when I bought this coupe, and then the grill guard.

This one is called a 'Vision Visor'

16. Etp095

Etp095

Wicked ride, sun visor looks good to me.

17. oldcarguygazok

oldcarguygazok
    from AUSTRALIA.

My 49 ford coe will get a visor when I find one,but it's gotta look and fit right.It has to follow the curve of the roof line to give it that ''factory'' look,TMO anyway !

18. backyardbeliever

backyardbeliever

I love mine.... it continues the roof line perfectly into the hood slope on 47-54 COE's when viewed from the side.

Attached Files:

19. Rogue63

Rogue63
    from New York

I have a 41 chevy special lowered ,I want to run a visor. Never liked on my other cars but taste changes .need one to fit 41 coupe.

20. butcherted

butcherted
    from hagerstown

I like them on some car's.

Attached Files: