Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Gasser Finals Race at Greer Dragway!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevydeucewagon, Oct 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

Okay folks, it's that time again. The gassers will be invading Greer Dragway on Saturday, November 16th for the year ending Gasser Finals. Everything kicks off at noon and should end up around 6 p.m. Lots of wild gasser action, grudge racing, and special parking for Hot Rods and bikes.

Come on out and bring that hot rod or bike!

[​IMG]

2. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

I can't wait there will be about 15 period correct Gasser's and 99% will be high winding 4 speeds plus all the cool old school cars and bikes that come to test and tune.

3. Butch M

Butch M

Wow that's going to be cool wish I was closer would love to see it

4. wheel28

wheel28

Dam I wish it was closer. We are just about done putting the tunnel ram 383 in my nephews 63 falcon gasser.

Will

5. Dustin0330

Dustin0330
    from Georgia

I seen some of them run at the Gear Jam drags in Commerce and they put on a hell of a show. I'll definitely be there.

6. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Do you have a swap meet? I sell 50s thru 70s car magazines and i would like to set up at your show

7. I haven't seen a swap meet,,honestly I don't think there would be enough room for one.

They need all the room for the racers and spectators.

I hope to be there. HRP

8. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

Enloe, I am working with Mike Greer on this now. Although we don't have a swapmeet I've had a few inquiries about pinstriping booths, etc. PM me and I'll get you the info.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

Id like to get down that way to run my car some time. Going to miss this one by a week, headed to SC for Thanksgiving the week after. Still need to work on a show where we can get my Ohio Outlaws and Quains Gear Jammers on the same show. That would be a riot.

10. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

I just spoke with Curtis from the GearGoyles. He says that they will be rolling in with the Iron Lords and S.F.ers. Should be a good show of cool rides along with the wild gasser action! Can't wait to see everyone there!

11. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

This will be a killer day! Wheel standing Gassers, Hot Rods and great company! Can't wait!

12. This is a must see. Great racing. Can't freaking wait.

13. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

Looks like a great event . . . trying to see if it will fit in my schedule.

14. Your schedule is gone for ever when that baby is born! :D

15. sinclairmafia1

sinclairmafia1

The "SINCLAIR MAFIA" will be there!

16. BUMP for the Gassers...gonna be good.

17. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

Yes sir, it's gonna be good. I have spoke with several guys today that are coming from several states away as well as a couple of different pinstrippers and artists. Here are some photos I shot at our last race to hold you over.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Gene Cromer will be there with the newly restored Moonlighter 41 willys entering the race when it comes time for eliminations when he runs first round it will be the first time in over 40 years that 81 year old Gene Cromer and the Moonlighter has run in eliminations. Be there to see the historic run.

19. Looking forward to watching some good racing and checking out some cool local and non local Hot Rods! Always a good time!

20. my1971buick

my1971buick

Hey Guys and Gals
    I will be there dressed in Traditional 50s pin up and selling some awesome posters!!! Im the artist and graphic designer of these posters pictured below and am finishing up 3 more posters for this show!
    11x17 posters are $2 per poster! I will have a 64 1/2 mustang gasser, a 55 chevy gasser, and tall T "gasser" at the show as well and will post pictures on this thread upon completion. If you cannot attend this show I can ship posters in mailing tubes and pay through paypal or check by mail. :D
    Thanks - Cassandra at Quick Chick Designs

Attached Files:

21. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

Can't wait to see the new posters! Any new gasser t-shirts in the works......hmmmmm?:D

22. Awesome work on those! Hope to get there before they sell out.

23. Oh, I'll be there for sure! I actually have the car running pretty good. No supercharger yet, though.

Really looking forward to this.
    See you fools then.

BloodyKnuckles

24. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

Looks like we'll have Bret Kepner announcing for this event. Bret is an amazing drag race historian and will definitely add some excitement to the deal!

25. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Guys have fun and be safe............

26. sinclairmafia1

sinclairmafia1

PHP:
    Brett is an awesome announcer.....wow this is gonna be GREAT....u better be glad there isn't bracket racing there that day because Brett is one heck of a bracket racer!!!!....lol and that's for real....STILL LOOKING FOR A MATCH RACE THAT DAY BEST 2 OUT OF 3......ITS JUST A LITTLE OLE ROADSTER!!!!!

27. Project Paladin

Project Paladin
    BANNED

Man, someday I'll have my Falcon at Greer.

28. Is that the same man as last year? He was great too.

Is this event Chicago Style as well?

29. You are planning on making some passes?

I can't wait.

After you get a few down, I'd like to redeem my seat time! Really can't wait to return the beating. Thanks

30. The Moonlighter rises again...Nov. 16th Greer Dragway...

[​IMG]

For some reason the link to the original photo got fuggled up...don't know why.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.