Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration HAMB Auction: Personal Blueprint Artwork

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dart165, Oct 28, 2013.

1. dart165

dart165

About this time every year, with the holidays quickly approaching, I look around and realize that I should be thankful for how good I have it. I have a great family, good health, and a wife that restrains herself from strangling me when I drag home junk…and I do drag home some junk! So I try and do my part to give back.

For the past few years, I’ve been able to auction off the first of the numbered prints in the series of what has become my most popular art work: my “Blueprints” of early Rods and Customs. With the far reaching nature of the HAMB, the auctions generated a healthy sum of money, all of which was donated to local charities for kids here in the Detroit area.

The artwork: I’ve attached an example of Blueprint series below to show anyone who’s wondering what exactly it is. What makes this years auction different however, is that I’ve decided to up the ante and really get my hands dirty.

Instead of just bidding for a “Blueprint” of a random car, you will be bidding to have a ONE-OFF piece of your car done. That’s right. A “Blueprint”, of your car.

If you win, you’ll send me photo reference so I can get a good sense of your car, and I’ll take it from there. I have two jobs so I work on this stuff nights and on weekends, but I’ll do my best to get it done and out for x-mas, in case anyone wants to use this as the most killer xmas gift ever for their significant other, family member…or if ya just wanna spoil yourself, that’s cool too :)

I want this to be a personal piece to someone, so my only criteria is that the car that you get the blueprint done of should be one that you own, or have owned in the past (in the case of prior ownership, you’ll need to have some good photo documentation of it so I can be sure to nail the look of it).

Details
    -18"x24" size
    -Printed on heavy weight frame-able glossy stock.
    -Signed and dated.
    -This will be the only one of this particular print. It’s of your car and you alone will have the work. I won’t be selling prints of it to anyone else.

This year, I’ve decided that the charity the full proceeds from this auction will go to will be the JDRF (http://jdrf.org/) in the name of Olivia Singer, who is a family friend and an all around great kid who’s recently been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. At 12 years old, she’s made some serious efforts to raise awareness about juvenile diabetes, and after meeting some of the amazing people who have kids with Diabetes, it’s an easy decision on my part to support them in their efforts. Much like the past 2 years, I pitched the idea to Ryan and almost instantly, I had “Count me in.” in my in box, so a special thanks again to the man behind the curtains for giving me the forum to do this.

Auction Ends:
    Thanksgiving day @ 9pm(est.)
    Once the auction is over, and payment made I will take care of the rest, and someone will have a one of a kind piece of artwork that helps to make a difference in the lives of those less fortunate than most of us.

Feel free to ask any questions and I’ll do my best to hit ya back quickly. Thanks for your support!

The original "Blueprint" sets for a feel of what your artwork will look like:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

Nice!!!!

$150

3. LOWBLAZERO1

LOWBLAZERO1

i'll go 200. as long as you are willing to do it based off of an unfinished project.

4. dart165

dart165

For sure, given that "unfinished" doesn't mean a pile of flathead parts, a cowl section, and a set of rails, lol...

In which case... What the hell, still yes. :)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. LOWBLAZERO1

LOWBLAZERO1

HAHA. nah. not that bad. it's a stock bodied studebaker truck. lowered a ton, heavily modified suspension and drivetrain, with an assortment of parts. but an all stude look on the outside. rear suspension is still no where near done, the rest is close.

i'll go 300

6. Not being able to participate in this auction
    makes being broke suck more than usual.

That's great artwork!

7. Great idea Chris and a great cause.

I will go $350.

Would love to see my Type 3 Fastback Lead Sled done up as one of your blueprints.

8. autobilly

autobilly

I have two of these Blueprints and they are beautiful. To have one of your own car depicting how it was when you started and how it's been modified would be fantastic.

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll second both motions. That is some way cool stuff and to have it of your own rig makes it really special.

10. siggzdgv

siggzdgv
    from new york

That's great artwork![​IMG]

11. Helge71

Helge71
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great Idea, great artwork and great cause...I'll go $400...

Helge

12. Those blueprints are so cool!!!! Wish I could spring for it myself. I'd love to have one of my coupe.

Looks like there's going to be a nice donation for JDRF. That's awesome!

JH

13. TSS3240

TSS3240
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cha ching....$500.00

14. I was getting ready to post my bid but like the kids game "You sunk my battleship"...:rolleyes: HRP

15. Helge71

Helge71
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

O.k., its really a good cause and great artwork...I raise to 550$

Helge

16. You guys amaze me. This is a really great cause and great people bidding to help out. I wish I could get in but I'm just a poor boy. Good luck. The blue prints are top of the line work.
    Later,
    Dick

17. dart165

dart165

Absolutely. Congrats to Helge, and a big thanks to all of you guys that bid. It is things like this that make me proud to be part of such an amazing community!

I'll post up the work for everyone to see as soon as I get it done!

18. Gabe1775

Gabe1775

I have seen this artwork looking through pictures on google! I love this stuff!

19. dart165

dart165

Much appreciated. :)

As long as this badboy is still stickied (and evne if it's not) I'll post up pics of the winning car, as well as the art work as I go, and then the final product. I should be done soon, so check in for updates!

20. dart165

dart165

So ya guys know, here's the auction winner (HELGE)'s car: a pretty badass '31 roadster:

[​IMG]

Here's my side view sketch of it:
    [​IMG]

Stay tuned for the final product! :)

21. Love the sketch!

22. dart165

dart165

...aaaand the Blueprint! Currently being printed up and will be shipping out asap!

[​IMG]

Thanks again to everyone who supported the cause, and for the kind words as well. As I said before, I'm proud to be part of a great community of gearheads. :)

23. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Amazing artwork, and for a good cause. Nice work Dart !

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

24. That looks great just bought the Coupe blueprint from your site. I hope you offer a copy of Helge's Roadster for sale too.

25. dart165

dart165

Got your order, thanks!

Helges '31 wont be for sale. That's part of the deal. He'll be the only one to have that particular piece. :)

26. Helge71

Helge71
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fantastic! Captures the car really nicely in my opinion. I can't wait to receive the print.
    Thanks again for the great idea and perfect implementation...

Helge

27. badgeree

badgeree

I bought the "A Model" set last year and love 'em. The one off of the Roadster is great and I'm sure will take pride of place on a Helge's wall, somewhere.
    A great idea for a great cause.

28. drifter47

drifter47

Great Cause,Great Work. ordered 2 of the coupe and 1 of sedan
    Thanks.