Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Pic request 1928/29 roadster quarter panel braces

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by DenverDave, Oct 28, 2013.

1. I've probably looked through several hundred threads and I would like some help with pictures showing the "correct" location of the forward most vertical brace on the inside of the quarter panel. Both top and bottom locations (attaching to the subrail) would help tremendously. Thanks in advance.

denverdave

2. F&J

F&J

I have a 29 roadster in my storage building, I can take pic in the AM when I have more daylight. Or someone may help sooner.

I think this one has mint subrails and I saw original rivets on some of the brackets I believe, etc

3. That would be great. Evidently there were two (at least) different styles of braces also. One mounted to the subframe and one style mounted to the wheel well.

4. F&J

F&J

I don't think this one is.

Not my car, it just came in, so I have not looked at everything yet.

I do know there were 3? wooden braces to support the front seat backrest, and those are not installed yet. I can't say if I recall the forward braces, but i will look

5. olskool34

olskool34

I think the 30-31's attached to the wheelwells and the 28-29 attached to the subrail, I had a 29 roadster and they attached to the subrail. I also have a 29 coupe that is the same but my 31 coupe attaches to the wheelwell.

6. Any more help would be appreciated.

7. Carter

Carter

There may be some pics in my build thread. Not sure. I can take some better ones for you. The subrails are original with holes in original location. Braces are repop.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. Carter I have looked at your build thread. Any new pictures would just help the cause.
    Thanks

9. F&J

F&J

Sorry, I messed up and forgot, as it was one of those days.

I will get pics up by noon at the latest. I even wrote a note this time.:eek:

10. F&J

F&J

If you need more, I hope to get this car into my work building by early next week. I would be able to help more then.

Attached Files:

11. Thanks so much. The HAMB comes through again.

12. F&J

F&J

Dave, the owner of the A changed her plans at 11am today, and I had to go get another car to clean up and get running. I ran out of room, so the new car is blocking the A in the storage building.

I still can get in there if you need another pic.. in daylight though

what a beauty, eh? I wish I had money :(

Attached Files:

13. I have what I need, Thanks.

She's a beauty.

BTW, what's the exact pedigree on that car? I like it a lot.

14. F&J

F&J

If I saw the back first, I would have bet it was a 38 or a 39 GM..

This car is a 1934 ! It's a LaS

Can't wait to get it to run, and drive it around the lot. It's pretty big, and pretty heavy

Attached Files: