Register now to get rid of these ads!

The "Uncertain T"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chaz, May 24, 2005.

1. KATFISH

KATFISH

Thanks,
    The girl on the publicity photo and Winternationals program.
    She looks like she's thinking" How am i going to get in there in this skirt"
    It's been a long time,i was in the Navy and went to a show with a group of guys off the ship.Not sure where.
    Also at an Autorama show in Dallas.

2. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Steve as the story had been told that the concept for the car came from a cartoon that somebody/freind drew and thought how great it would be build one.

Do you have a copy of that cartoon or was it the one printed in the CarCraft issue that featured the car?

3. customcory

customcory

thats what I always wondered too Steve. Cory Vaughn here.:D

4. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Finally ! We see the real final resting place of the Uncertain T :D

5. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

6. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

This is all very very interesting! Looking forward to one day seeing original UT back in the daylight.

7. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Why not ? It's as believable as all the rest of the BS that we have heard so far. :)

8. If you saw the T anywhere East of The Rockies, whoever was with the car had to be someone with Ray Farhner's group that I leased it to for a year when I was unavailable.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  9. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

My how times have changed. You'd be lucky to get just the PAINT for $15k today.....
    [​IMG]

10. pontman

pontman

This doesn't look good, makes me wonder if this was a runner?

Attached Files:

11. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Pushing it into possistion to photograph

12. When in doubt jus bring it out lol!

13. ALCAN AV8

ALCAN AV8

14. metalshapes

metalshapes

Certain(t)ly, that aint it...

There are almost more pics of that heap on this thread than of the Uncertain T.

But going by the ad, they started to part it out.

Which is probably the best thing for it...

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  15. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

The market for something like this is almost non existent. Parting it out will bring more than giving it away just to get rid of it.

The price as a roller with no engine or trans is still too much. Keep pulling and selling parts is all I can say.

The body would make an interesting flower planter in the garden :D

16. The "real" Uncertain T did make an appearance in Canada in 1965! I'am guessing the girl in the picture is Ron Farmer's daughter. Ron was probably involved in putting on the show and a clue to this is that it looks like the picture was taken before or after the show was open to the public.
    Ron Farmer is a member of the Canadian Motorport Hall of Fame!

[​IMG]
    Here's another i'am assuming taken at the same show
    [​IMG]

17. A friend of mine locally had this version which was listed recently on Alberta Kijiji of the Uncertain T. He traded it a couple of years ago to the guy in Alberta for a truck. It was originally built in the interior of B.C.
    He got the T road worthy again and put the blower setup on it. This car had a definately "love it or hate it" vibe!
    Anyways he had fun with it!:D

18. IanS

IanS

Interestingly I have a fellow hot rodder and friend who is currently building a replica of "Uncertain T" here in Oz. Its probably 3/4 done, so in another 20 years there will be a rumour that the car "was shipped to Australia", heehee

Ian S

19. No need to wonder... had to take the battery and gas out and push it into the car show in Montana. That's Barney Cooper. He and Jon Rein were the two guys in the car club that managed the car show. Dave Pedegana that went with me to many shows took the photo.

Everybody at the 1965 Bakersfield Fuel and Gas Championships KNOWS how well my "Uncertain-T" ran. You can ask Don Garlits. He didn't want us to stop driving around the pits and parking lot after I raced down the strip to pick him up after he won Top Fueler :)

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  20. Happy New Year Everybody!

Attached Files:

21. I think my buddy in Red Deer may have owned the blue clone on the metal pile. He bought it out of Vancouver when it was orange. He painted it blue. It had an Olds engine in it then. He lived in Nanaimo at the time he bought it and commuted to Port Alberni for work with it. It created stories of the orange one and the blue one and the one in Port Alberni and one in Nanaimo. All 4 cars were him. He drove it daily and commuted with it. It got seen a lot. I can't remember the time frame. I will have to phone him. His didn't have a T back window and may not be the blue one although the plate location on the rear looks the same. The blue one that just sold is on the road right now in Edmonton, Alberta and being driven. I have a pic from this summer.

22. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

This thread is approaching ten years old....... We located Steve Scott, but all we get is BS about how he knows where the car is. Still no real information or proof. In ten years you'd think he could produce a shred of evidence that he knows the whereabouts of the car. He's as clueless as the rest of us. You're an old man, Steve. There's only so much time left to show us some proof!

54sled and Toymont like this.
  23. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

This thread just won't die :D That Blue copy or tribute or whatever is apparently back on he road here in town, one of my co-workers saw it driving down the road , I haven't seen it myself. :)

At least it exists which is more than we can say about the original.
    I have the feeling that the BS will continue and that Steve will continue dishing it out.
    The original doesn't exist any more or we would have seen proof or movement on it before now.
    Historically significant cars like these are not kept hidden.

Toymont likes this.
  24. bt34

bt34

Well....here is my 2 cents worth....I admire the Steve Scott of old and really appreciate what he created all those years ago....unreal, awesome....

Then we get to 2014....I have read both this HAMB thread and the story on Facebook...

In my books I figured he should be just chilling out and enjoying the prestige
    and respect that he freely accumulated from just building the "T".

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    Scooterville and 54sled like this.
  25. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

Maybe Steve should just collect donations like he has been trying to do to hire a lawyer and buy the repo, then at least he would have an Uncertain T

26. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, but to me he's just another guy with a dream of finishing a 'car' he once built or owned and not enough money to do so. Does that mean most of us can start a fund raiser, too? I reluctantly sold my 59 El Camino back in 2005. So, I can sue the current owner to try and get it back? LOL

27. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Ok, I feel plenty of time has been given, I have not said anything about what I was told many years ago about the Uncertain T Because I really wanted to give "Steve Scott " the chance to tell where the car is or what happened to it. I Myself Do not Know where it is or what happened to it, But When I was a young boy I had the model Car kit of the "T" I really liked it and also used to Draw cartoon pics of it. Some friends of My cousins (who is about my Dads age) were all over at the house and one of them noticed my drawing in my Dads garage. I don't even remember how old I was but I don't think my grandfather had past away yet So I know I was younger than 11. Anyway he told me that what was left of the real car was sitting outside of Ray Farhner's Shop. And that the car had gotten away from them while Hurrying out of a Big show and got messed up and was pretty much junk and had been parted out. This guy worked for farhner and sounded like he knew what he was talking about. But who knows could be bullshit!....Really he did not have much reason to lie to me though. I would bet that Some of the old guys who are still around like Doug Thompson, Jack walker, Sonny Rodgers or Jim Greene (Wild Child) Who all knew Farhner well might be able to confirm if this story is true or not. Bottomline is Until I see proof otherwise I am going to believe what I was told many years ago. I know that one of "Wild Childs" trikes had indy tires on it just like the ones that was on the Uncertain T (could they be the same ones?) Sorry that is really all I can offer to this (twisted Big BS story) As I was just to young to remember. I personally think that Steve Scott is afraid to tell what happened to the T, As I think he feels the story will be over and that might hurt the plans he has for promoting his T shirts and his New Model Kits he is hoping to produce. Either way I wish him luck, And I also wish he would just come clean and tell what happened to the car And show proof if it is still around.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  28. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Cowtown, I can assure you that there is nothing to this story. Ray returned the car in one piece to Steve when his one year lease for the right to show the car ended. Steve showed it himself, subsequently. I know this because I spent more time at Ray's shop than Doug, Jack, Sonny and Jim combined.

29. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Tom,
    Thanks If anyone would know it would probably be you....Do you know of a "T" that may have gotten damaged and parted out at Rays Shop? As Like I said I was young but there was really No reason other than maybe just being a bullshitter that this guy had to lie about it.....He might have really believed it was the same car and Maybe he just confused the T with another Show car. I think the guys name was Doug or maybe Dan that told me this, He was a buddy of My cousin who had a custom chopper, I do not have any clue as to the make, As back then I could not tell a harley from a cushman....LOL.....I was just too young and wasn't much into bikes. Tom, I would love to visit with you Sometime, I bet you have some really cool photos From Farhners Shows, And the Old Cowtown Nationals. And that kind of stuff means alot to me, As My speed shop is named after the Cowtown Nationals.....And it Was the best Show around in my opinion. It is crazy how much things have changed around here, When I was younger I used to see Rays Goofy looking roadster pickup rolling up and down 40 hwy all the time, I say goofy looking as that is what I thought of it at the time, Now I myself would love to own and drive that same roadster pickup....LOL

30. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Ok, So for the last 3 hours I have read two threads about the Uncertain T. This, The Outlaw, and the Beatnik Bandit, were my 3 favorite show cars from the 60's and 70's. I would have given my right n--, to have owned one of these cars. I don't know where any of the 3 are now, but I no Ill words to say about Mr. Scott, because he is still making money off his creation. How many years did Big Daddy Roth make money off of his creations. I have been on this site for about 5 years now. It never ceases to amaze me how many members rip total strangers apart on here and never think a thing about it. One guy keeps saying liar, liar, because Steve has not produced a picture of a car no longer in his possession. It really does seem like a current picture of the car tucked in the corner of a building could be produced in two years from his friend, but who cares. I ran across an old custom car from the 60's in Louisville, Ky. one day looking for someone to put a set of aftermarket seat covers on an old 55 Olds I had. The guys name was Ned Couch, and he was one of the Upholsterers in Louisville, back in the 60's. He did a great job making the covers fit, like they were custom made. We talked about all the cars he had done interiors for over the 60's and 70's, and I said I always loved "Hell on Wheels" a custom 56 Chevy convertible he built. He looked at me funny and said, I never had a car by that name, but come over here and tell me if this is the one you are talking about. There in a corner of his yard, behind a 6 ft. fence, under a tarp sat the car. He told me it was a 57 Chevy convertible that he started with, and gave me the name he called it. It was not what I had remembered. I tried to buy the car but like so many people, he was going to fix it up some day. The point of all this is, remember all the cars you grew up loving, save the pictures and magazines, and enjoy them. They are a part of what helped mold you into the Rodder you are today, but why keep beating a dead horse. There have been probably 3 clones made over the years of Norm's 1st T, the" Kookie Car". There is one on the cover of Street Rodder Magazine May 2010. The builder of that car, said people come up to him at car shows and tell him what he did wrong on the car, because he drew his inspiration from a certain point in Norm's constant changing of the car, and the gentleman felt he needed to pick a certain style and run with it. People tell him he didn't do it right because he chose to copy the exhaust curved up the side of bed of the T. They said he should have brought the exhaust straight up in the air behind the bucket of the car. So even if Steve were successful in getting his former car back, and rebuilding it to his exact creation in 1965, some one would say, "how come it isn't green metalflake, like a later version.