Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Picked up a 31 A roadster project

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Barillaro Speed Emporium, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Yep. Just another belly button A V-8.

2. manyolcars

manyolcars

A warmed over 4 cylinder can outrun a V8 :)

3. Skidder

Skidder

Great Score, I also like them with the fenders on...:)

4. Paragon

Paragon
    from Wisconsin

nice score man! been hopin to stumble on a project like that... (one i cant afford to pass up, same as you... no need for another project but a roadster is on my list of "its ok") :)

5. olskool34

olskool34

really nice find! Nice to start with a car that complete!

6. Thanks guys, I was really lucky to find one like this. I can never find something this cool when I'm actually looking.
    My last roadster project was cut apart with a torch and I started with a real basket case. It's nice to actually see what they are supposed to look like when you start!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. Dave50

Dave50

I need a roadster.. Ha

8. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

Great find!!

Swissdevil likes this.
  9. sota

sota

nice score! I'll have a little booth time set aside for you!!!

10. Haha! Damn Ed, I won't bother you until after Detroit. I know your busy with those great 8 cars! :D

11. Cleaning up the engine and ordered the header and intake flanges from BCCHOPIT. Things are really nasty from sitting but I'm picking at it at night.

Attached Files:

12. Christom

Christom

Cool new project! Love the '29 too. I loved seeing the drip trays under the roadster on the beach! Very environmentally friendly indeed!!!

13. Thanks, everyone was very respectful at the beach and we had a blast.

14. sota

sota

[​IMG]That looks to me that as though someone has taken over my painting work!!!! LOL!

15. My buddy went to look at a 55 Chevy for sale this past Sunday and he calls me and tells me the guy has a Simmons high compression head for a model A 4 banger for sale. I did some quick research and the price seemed fair so I told him to get it. I can't wait to build the intake and header so I can hear how it sounds.

16. Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

17. olskool34

olskool34

That is a cool head, what is it made of?

18. Thanks, it is really cool. It's cast iron

19. B.Sharp

B.Sharp

I think you should bring that little roadster to KY and let me finish it. One roadster per person should be the rule, LOL. I like it and have tried to buy a couple but can't seem to make the deal go through. Have fun with the build man. One day I will have a roadster in some shape or form.

20. I understand and thought it might be greedy to have 2 roadster then I came to my senses! A good friend of mine said that he has a 3 roadster limit so I was OK. Good luck in your search for a roadster, I am sure the right deal will come up.

21. Playing around with wheels and tires. Trying to decide if I should run a dropped axle. Kind of digging on the high and mighty look with no fenders and splash aprons

Attached Files:

22. sota

sota

Well I guess the nice thing is if you run it that high you will not need a floor jack to change the oil !!!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  23. Yeah, I can just walk right under it and pull the drain plug Ed!

24. inkstain27

inkstain27

25. Got the intake and header flanges from Bill at WAC customs. They are freaking sweet so if you need some hit him up, he's BCCHOPIT on the HAMB. Decided to do an OKIE Joe dropped axle from Charlie at Genes Hot Rod Parts and get the ride height set up before I finish the intake. Not really liking the 4.50's on the front but I have them so they are going to stay for now. I am going to lower the whole car and hope to get 5.50's for the front and keep 7.50's in the rear for some extra high gear. The first picture is before the dropped axle. Going to post some pictures once I get the axle mocked up.

Attached Files:

26. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

Damn nice score! I really liked your roadster at ROG. All of you guys with roadsters are definitely making me jealous. Will be my next project after the '38.

27. Thanks man, the 29' I took to TROG is my first roadster and I am hooked! Can't wipe the grin off my face when I'm driving it, hoping my wife will drive the 31'.

28. Finally got some work done on the 31' and got to roll it outside for the first time since I bought it. Installed the Okie Joe axle and got the intake and header done. I also opted for 7.00-16's on the back and I am using 4.50-16s on the front I had but I really want to get 5.50's. I need to get the back lowered about 2" or so.

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  29. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

will a stock T spring drop the ass down a bit?...love the intake/exhaust.

kidcampbell71 likes this.