Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1953 5 window 3600 into 3100, frame swap build started today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bbp53, Oct 23, 2013.

1. bbp53

bbp53

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Get me up to speed here, is the 3600 far more than a stretched chassis and bigger axles? Bob

3. Dig the continental kit step bumper.
    (Kiddin')
    Sent by a Western Electric Dial-up Modem

4. bbp53

bbp53

I believe the frame is narrower in the rear on the 3600 and beds longer on the cab end, and 8lug instead of 6lug. Not much more diff than that though. Oh and in later yrs they had they larger 6cyl engine but in 53' the 3100 and 3600 had the same engines.

5. bbp53

bbp53

Lango, im diggin that bumper too because it saved the rear fenders from damage as it wrapped around them. Shocked there was no rust behind there! But it was a california truck and been tucked away here SC for the half its life.

6. bbp53

bbp53

Im sorry, i shouldve added that im swapping an s10 frame under the '53 , shortning the original bed / running boards. Im using as much original sheet metal as possible. Using s10 steering colum and brake system. And fabbing my own cab/bed mounts.

7. bbp53

bbp53

8. Skidder

Skidder

Were are you at in SC? I am located in the Simpsonville area. I to am working on fixing up a 50 Chevy 3100....I decided to keep my stack frame and just add a Jag front and rear suspension. Best of luck with your swap....

9. Skidder

Skidder

I just noticed we are both FNG....I have been here for years just don't post much...:D

10. bbp53

bbp53

Im near columbia.sc area, sounds like a nice build plan you have going on yours, i worked most the day on mine today. Tryn to load pics but want load for some reason! Good to hear of a fellow member close to me with same model truck and interests in them. Do you have any pics posted of yours?