Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage hot rod parts overload/going to the scrapper PICS FIXED

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Big Mac, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

It's yours. PM me your mailing address and I'll send it this week.

2. what a great thread! Good save guys.

3. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

I'm trying to get stuff figured out today and I will start a "for sale" thread with all the stuff from this find. I'd rather see stuff sell on here than eBay...

4. BenW455

BenW455

Let me know if you come up with any more mid 60s Pontiac Tachs.

Thanks, Ben

5. Sauli

Sauli

I don´t know if Your image shows in this, but the upper pair pictured by the tip of Your sneaker looks to be out of a ´59-60 Chevrolet passenger car.

6. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I was thinking the same thing. Seems like I saw similar gauges on fellow HAMBer Koolkemps '47 Ford reserection build thread when he was contemplating using a late '50s Chebbie dash in his Kemp.

7. ^^^^^I can confirm the same; had a '59 convert.

8. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

9. the shifter with the "391xxxxx" # could be a mopar part # from about 1972-73 and looks like the standard shifter for a Duster and such....

10. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

I don't check this thing for a couple days and it has tons of comments. I picked up the 1956 2door post yesterday and some more stuff maybe I will take pictures tomorrow. ..

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

You're about the 5th person to say it's mopar. Nobody can confirm 100% though... Thanks for the info!

12. You didn't!? fedex just stopped by, this thing is killer! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Oh yes I did! ha ha ha... Hopefully you put it to use!

Anyone need 2 barrels? 13 Rochester 2g/gc, all need rebuilt, PM me for details.

[​IMG]

14. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Very cool man. I'll follow that build for sure. I might have a tach or some other gauges that go with that thing. I'll check.

15. Thanks!

16. '40PlyCoupe

'40PlyCoupe

Amazing story and pics! I once went to an auction in Missouri and the owner must have had more Model A and T cars and parts than anyone outside of Henry Ford. Crazy what is around and will be lost...

17. BillSchmid

BillSchmid
    from Ohio

Just got my SW gauges from Big Mac today. Everything was well packed and arrived quickly. Super guy to deal with and I think we all owe him one for saving all this stuff.

18. 55Hydramatic

55Hydramatic

Way cool, how much of this place is cleaned up now? I got to do this same thing, only on a smaller scale with that truck in my avatar. Guy was a hoarder and just kept everything. Lots of antiques in the old garage I went through and boy was it overwhelming! Found some really cool stuff though!

19. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Glad you like the gauges Bill. Thanks for the compliments. Glad to see this stuff going to good use rather than getting bulldozed!

Mac

20. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Hey TMAN, found a Jeager tach to go with your speedo... Looks horrible in the picture. It's not as bad in real life. The face isn't cracked. I don't know what that white line is... Anyway, it's decent.

Also, I added a whole bunch of gauges to the "For Sale" thread from this stash. Go check it out, there's some really bitchin' gauges in there....

[​IMG]

21. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Posted: "The face isn't cracked. I don't know what that white line is... Anyway, it's decent."

Reply: Hmmmmm...If you sport a handlebar, it might be a photographer's moustache hair.

22. F&J

F&J

This is a fun thread, and it's nice to offer the parts on hamb. I sure hope the management sees this as a beneficial thread, and not just an ad.

very cool things you are posting pics of.

23. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Thanks. I hope they see it that way too. I'm trying to stick to the rules. We will see I guess. The way I'm doing it will clutter the classifieds much less than if I did single ads. More to come!

24. blacktopicasso

blacktopicasso

If your still working the yard I have a few requests. Teeth for chevy grilles, old work benches and flathead parts are to name a few. I'll pm my number.

25. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

Got my .91 vote... great thread

26. -Brent-

-Brent-

Mac, is there still hot rod stuff left??? I'd love to go down with some cash. PM me.

27. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

I think we've picked through it pretty good Brent, but I'm sure there's more to be found. Give me a call and we can go up there. I'll PM you my #... I stopped by on my way home from work today and found some T tops to a 2nd gen firebird or camaro, a shaker hood for the same, a bunch of sbc 327 tagged valve covers, some chevy script valve covers, I THINK some 409/348 timing covers, some more old corvette stuff, there's just stuff everywhere man. Lets go dig.

Mac

28. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Small haul from today. I only had an hour so I had to hurry. Got the t tops and shaker hood, then got three boxes full o old leather gun holsters and old cowboy style tooled leather gun belts, an old tooled leather saddle (because I really needed a saddle), 10-12 old steering wheels, some cool tail lights, some more corvette trim, man there's just tons of cool stuff in there....

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1383682125.781343.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1383682147.177319.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1383682214.908091.jpg

I almost forgot! I also found a good book.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1383682252.972678.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  29. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Milkweed, I got your text. Yes you can have the book. I hope it helps you with your "problem".