Register now to get rid of these ads!

Seller/buyer feedback ratings?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Graham M, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

Hey guys, on a local car forum I'm on, we have a buyer/seller feedback ratings.... and it works like this. (yes this is my trader rating)

http://forums.beyond.ca/usertrade.php?s=&action=show&rateuser=32593

^ You can click on each transaction, by clicking on the comments... to see what it was that was bought and sold. (much like ebay and other places, all has a time limit before the link becomes invalid).

But thats a great resource for keeping track of whose a good buyer/seller and what to expect.... which would make the whole classified section work a lot better. Negative replies will create a negative trader rating, which anybody would know to avoid, yet great buyers/sellers will have a very positive rating such as myself, and countless, countless others on here.

As you can see, the number behind each person that left feedback shows their own feedback trader rating.

2. I think if a potential buyer would do just a little homework by looking at the sellers profile a intelligent decision can be made.

It's not 100% true every time but the majority of sells gone bad are by individuals that only use the Hamb to sell parts and do not participate in any of the forums.

I always examine their profile,,how long have they been here is another thing I look at.

And I don't worry about buying from Alliance Members,these guys help support the Hamb so I trust them.

BTW,there is a bad sellers list. HRP

3. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

^ Interesting, I had no idea about that list, thank you.

DA Suede Rods likes this.

4. silent rick

silent rick

is there anybody on the bad sellers list who is still on the hamb? i'm pretty sure they've all been banned. it's kind of redundant, don't you think.

5. yeah,they have been BANNED. HRP

6. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I have a problem with the assumption that there are no bad buyers....only bad sellers.

7. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Not so - believe me in 10 plus years we ( moderators ) have banned BOTH sellers AND buyers.

8. miky2001

miky2001
    from houston

what can i do when i encounter a bad seller here on the hamb?

i have been buying and selling car stuff for over 15 years on ebay, craigslist, and here on the hamb and until last month i never had a bad experience. a hamb member has taken my money and hasnt sent me my parts and isnt responding to my emails

9. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

contact one of the moderators (there is one who posted on this thread) and they can usually help you out

10. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Send me the details by private message on who the HAMB member is and the transaction and we will try to help get resolved but please understand that any and all deals you make is at your own risk.

I will say this - anyone buying and selling best take the time to look at the post count of the person you are dealing with prior to making any deal.

Also - of late - if you deal with a seller that has a sob story about their Pay Pal account isn't working or is dormant and wants paid by a Money Gram or Western Union it is a scam and you won't get your part. Look at the parts sections for sale and see all the sticky posts of members who have shared scammers names.