Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The Bugarin Merc / Kustoms Illustrated

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Cruiser, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Cruiser

Cruiser

Kustoms Illustrated issue # 38/#39 will have a two part article on the Bugarin Merc. Pictures, information on the Merc that is new to it's history. Below is a picture of George Barris with Dave's Merc.:D

CRUISER :cool:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  2. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Classy ride. Very nicely styled. Can't wait to read about it

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just read the first half of that this morning. My first issue of my new subscription came yesterday with the previous issue stuck in the package which would have really ticked me off getting a back issue as one of my 4 issues but it had Royal Victoria on the cover.

4. Cruiser

Cruiser

5. Dave Bugarin's Merc has always been one of my favorites. Great job on the article, it's hard work to track down all of those past owners and do all the detective work. I really enjoyed seeing the previously unpublished photos that were included, that was the icing on the cake. Nice work, and I'll be looking forward to reading the rest of the story!

Anybody who likes custom cars, you need to get a subscription to Kustoms Illustrated!

6. Cruiser

Cruiser

Anybody who loves custom cars, you need to get a subscription to Kustoms Illustrated. Thanks guys for the kind words on the article. :D

7. Really enjoyed the article and look forward to part 2. Beautiful car.

8. Cruiser

Cruiser

<HR style="COLOR: #e5e5e5; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    Anybody who loves custom cars, you need to get a subscription to Kustoms Illustrated. Thanks guys for the kind words on the article. :D

9. Cruiser

Cruiser

10. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Kustoms Ill. is a "Must Have" for anyone into customs. Luke does a fantastic job picking, and photographing the cars. No magazine out there does customs better!

11. Cruiser

Cruiser

12. just finished reading the article on the Merc, hopefully it's packed away safe.. Like the Hirohata Merc was .

13. This article is great with great photos.I been waiting for this one for a while and I wasn't disappointed. Kustoms Illustrated showing how its done once again.

14. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Great article!I can't wait for part 2!

15. Nice article Wayne thanks for the magazine.

Looking forward to part 2

16. atomickustom

atomickustom

I was surprised they said the car has been missing for decades. I would have sworn I saw it at a show in the mid 1990s at Daryl Starbird's Custom Car Museum in Oklahoma? (I'm sure I had the wrong Merc in my head, but still I was shocked that it has vanished.) I hope part II is finding it under a tarp in someone's garage in mint condition!

17. Cruiser

Cruiser

18. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Jeff...

You are SO right ! Luke does an amazing job...and he's one of the nicest guys around !

Jonnie www.legends.thewwb.net

19. teddyp

teddyp

luke the man great mag. a must have for any custom guy

20. Cruiser

Cruiser

21. jwcaddy

jwcaddy
    from golden,co.

The best kustom mag. out there and I met Bryan Rusk out in Bakersfield. Great to talk with ya Bryan and great photos and a great read on "the devils lettuce". Great story on the Burgarin merc. Good talking with Jeff Neppl too at CHRR. Customs guys are the best to talk with.

Wishing I was on the salt watching some fast cars go by me!!!!!!!

22. Cruiser

Cruiser

23. Cruiser

Cruiser

24. Thanks Jason....good to meet you.

And ya, Luke did a stellar job with this issue.....I'm honored to have contributed again. Kustoms for life!

[​IMG]