Register now to get rid of these ads!

PLEASE HELP...Virginia Residents

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JWindsor13, Oct 26, 2013.

1. JWindsor13

JWindsor13
    from Canada

i know that i am posting this in a questionable forum. but i am looking for some traditional help from a Lynchburg, Virginia resident.
    Please Read

i live in canada and posted in the hamb wanted section that i am looking for some garnish mouldings. i received an email from an apparent hamb member with the name WRAYT33 that he has my parts that i need. i've run some searches and cant find any info on this member. i ask him for pics and he says he doesn't have enough bandwith. i'm looking at sending him money through western union as he says his paypal is dormant. i ask him to give me a call, he says he is hearing impaired. we have emailed each other approx 15 times and i don't feel right just sending money to someone i don't know and isn't providing me with any proof of the parts. i have his address. maybe someone could help me out that lives in the area. i have his address and don't have problem sending money to a hamb member that i can actually view. i would even send you a few extra dollars to help me. from one hamb member to another. send me a pm if you can help me out.
    greatly appreciated

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  2. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

3. snapper

snapper
    from PNW

Caution, all my bells and whistles are going off for scam also.

WRAYT33= Zero posts, joined two days ago (10-24-13), no history.

4. 117harv

117harv

Why would you even consider buying from him? Report him to a mod.

5. joined two days ago and has no posts. no information in his profile other than being from Virginia

not saying he is a bad person,but i'd stay away

6. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

he also goes by the name james , says he is deaf , wanted to send me money above the agreed price plus extra for the shipper...yeah ok , keep your money , he can get honest work like most of us.

7. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

Hell, I hear tornado sirens going off with megawatt search lights.

He's presenting classic scammers indicators. Why do people even question this?

8. Do you really want to do that! What does your gut feeling tell you? RUN!

9. 296ardun

296ardun

X5! Scam, do not send him any money!

10. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

How many signs and signals need to go off, before people smell a scam? 50? 100? :confused:

11. Walk away from this deal.