Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1942 hudson

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choptvan, Oct 31, 2010.

1. duckdog

duckdog

If ya don't want to put the race motor back in it, I would go with a small block chevy, should fit without modifying the firwall and would be great for cruising.

2. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Heck I almost forgot about this build. Any progress?

3. choptvan

choptvan

TO answer your question, if you come up with anything, I would like to know! I still have the car and she is waiting on me. Now it is more about having the room. I have been saving parts like crazy and I have almost enough to actually get to work. I have to finish my 60 f100 gasser pickup first. Then I should have the space to get back to it. I have decided just to mold the 40 parts to the 42 body and make the hood work some how. After all, it is going to be a Kustom.

4. choptvan

choptvan

Maybe you missed the thread? Didn't read it maybe? The firewall and floor had been hacked up already for the 350 to fit. I have decided just to go ahead and run the 331. Speed parts and all. Would make a cool attraction at the Hot Rod Hill Climb next year. Well, that is the plan anyway!

Lots of parts bought. Lots of research done. Still got a bit more to get for the motor and then it is build time soon as my gasser is out of the way. I hope to start again soon. We will see.

5. Coupetom

Coupetom

Good job man and a another great Hudson come back on the road. The 331 is a real cool engine for your car. The sbc fit without body work, in my 47 coupe work's a 383 stroker [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  6. darkk

darkk

I have a 1946 Hudson coupe....Chopped, BBC 454, PG trick trans, 9" detroit locker,4:56 gear, tubbed, 8 point full cage, full rear seat...street driven...

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      83.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      87.2 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      72.1 KB
      Views:
    • 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      43.1 KB
      Views:
    • 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      File size:
      51.2 KB
      Views:
    • 17.jpg
      17.jpg
      File size:
      86.4 KB
      Views:
  7. choptvan

choptvan

Awesome! This will end up bein an old kustom. 331 with 4 speed auto from a 54 caddy, 9 inch from a 56 ranchero, stock front suspension, 55 chevy rear leaf springs, 1942 with a 1940 front clip and rear fenders molded to the car with a modded hood to fit the 42 body and the 40 front clip, hand made grille, 54 Plymouth seats, stock dash but still tryin to find gauges, already chopped, will still have a carson top, and sectioned a few inches. Should be a cool car! Getting excited again. Wish I could start right now!

8. Heart Of Texas

Heart Of Texas
    from TX

AJ "Gus" Souza from West Chicago is the owner of the purple coupe.