Register now to get rid of these ads!

History interesting story at work

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 59 brook, Oct 24, 2013.

1. 59 brook

59 brook

i'm a lic master plumber by day down here in sunny south florida. a friend of mine referred me to a customer who needed a water heater replaced. well we start to talk and he says " i worked at pontiac for 20 yrs and toyota for another 20." selling cars i asked? no design engineer for pontiac tunnel port heads he says. so after i complete the job he breaks out some pics of the fabled 303 and 400 ram air V . he also shows me a pic of his car winning the 1963 us nationals in cstock automatic i believe he said. he seemed to be as excited to break out the old pics as i was to see them. also had what seemed like a special owners manual for the 1963 high performance cars . Mr. Bill Wettlaufer is his name and i invited him to stop by the hamb and tell some neat old stories

2. 94hoghead

94hoghead

Look forward the hearing from him......

3. Oh, HELL yeah! Love hearing those stories regarding Pontiac's involvement in racing/high performance.

4. Sounds real interesting,I do hope the gentleman signs up and clues us in on some interesting history. HRP

5. fordflambe

fordflambe

I noticed Hot Rod mag left Pontiac out of the recent V8 history they published........Need to keep those old warriors alive and capture any history from the guys that used to engineer those beast........Hope Mr. Wettlaufer joins in and shares his wisdom........

6. gtowagon

gtowagon

The owner of the machine shop down the street from me was an engineer at pontiac in the 60's two of the projects he was involvedin were hideaway headlights and hood tachs. He also has a 65 GTO that he followed sow the assembly line when it was built

7. oh, heck yeah ....

lovin stories from back in the back ....

its a once in a lifetime event ... =)

8. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Sounds like a guy with some stories to tell and I look forward to him stopping by.

I meet so many interesting people through my business and all of them are interesting to talk with.

I just received some photo's from a friend of a custom 1957 Olds that appeared on the front pages of different custom car magazine in the early 60's and what it looks like today just painted a different color.

Jimbo

9. just think the early years with Fireball - Craig and Eddy were the glory years.....just sayin.....