Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Fall: Its a Great Time for a Drive.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I'm going to be doing that this weekend. In Houston, surrounding Rice University, the streets are tree lined and create a canopy over the roads. They don't get the vibrate colors, but it's really neat cruising through there. I make it a part of my local outings.

3. .

I'm with you on this.

Michigan is gorgeous this time of year and you never know what ride may be your last for the season.

So I get out every chance I get this time of year.

4. It's Great to see the Hot Rod Hill Climb on the JJ! Thanks!

And here's a few more drives in Georgetown, CO from the 2013 HRHC!

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/76633759" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="281" width="500"></iframe>

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_md3nvbMaoU" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/55kFO95lK10" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8BvSnX2Cub8" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

5. mgbtc

mgbtc

Around us, Oak Glen, out near Yucaipa is a pretty ride. You even get to stop and pick your own apples! That's this weekend.

6. NoSurf

NoSurf

Arm on the windowsill.
    Quiet rumble.
    Scenery unfolds.
    Onward.

[​IMG]

7. Been out in the pickup today,heck I even turned on the heat this morning but the window was down coming home,,the leaves are flying and the wind is up but man was it nice today. HRP

8. autobilly

autobilly

Spring and Autumn is the best weather to cruise the scenic roads of northern New South Wales. Cool sunny days.

9. fsae0607

fsae0607

Anyone else love the smell of wood-burning fireplaces when cruising around at dusk this time of year?

10. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

Sure do !!

Here in New England the leaves have turned and the frost will be soon on the pumpkins,,, You're right ... time to take out the roadster and enjoy this crisp Fall air.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  11. fsae0607

fsae0607

Nice! The east coast looks beautiful in the fall!

Who else struggles with their car cover when the Santa Ana winds are blowing lol :mad:

12. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Fall sure is a great time for a ride, especially up here in Mass. Although, there are a lot of city folk that come out to the country to pick apples and clog the back roads !!!

DSC01234.JPG

putnam 006.JPG

DSC01313.JPG

And this crap is right around the corner !!!

13. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Damn you Bad Penny, NO snow pictures! Jive-Bomber, Thanks for the ride along up the mountain! That banger really hums along nicely!

14. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I hope its nice here this weekend as I would like to take mine for a spin before it snows.

15. seatex

seatex

AWSOME VIDEO! Fred, if you are gonna' do that in Texas. I wanna' know where you are going, short of Big Bend! Man, I gotta watch that AGAIN!:eek:

16. seatex

seatex

What a beauty! I'm in love................................again

17. metal man

metal man

Isn't that the roadster that Clark threw together as a backup plan for the Autorama this year?

18. metal man

metal man

It's supposed to be in the mid fifties temps here this weekend.I think the wife and I will take the '40 out for countryside cruise on Saturday....Always looking for an excuse to take the hot rod into amish country to get fresh blackberry pie.

19. zeke1270

zeke1270
    from Alberta

And full moon.

[​IMG]

20. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

[​IMG]

Yes ..the 32 is the Plan B, Detroit Thrash, finished up in 11 days after work for this year's Autorama. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=779922&highlight=detroit+thrash

The roadster must have been well thought out before the thrash. He nailed that mid to late 50s stance that was popular here on the East Coast. The roadster runs great, steers easily, tracks well, stops great, shifts smoothly, doesn't overheat, and after over 900 miles around town and a few local shows the only issues have been the failure of 2 parts.. a brake light switch and a fuel pump.. nothing the fault of Clark's build..... The bolt on baffles to Clark's exhaust were a temporary fix as the police station is right down the street. An ounce of prevention being worth a pound of cure.
    My guess is on the 12 th day he rested.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  21. Life is good!

[​IMG]

22. dirtracer06

dirtracer06

Took the 34 out tonight after work, 63*, must have been the right temp,the motor ran perfect,need to get the side windows in yet...was a little chilly early in the week i picked the kids up at school monday night when it was 38* out...trying to drive it as much as possible...snows coming soon....i love this little truck...

23. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Drove last night, around 7pm to 9pm. Nice, crisp air and lake pipes were singing.

24. metal man

metal man

Mom and Dad are coming over in their '34 tomorrow morning, and following the wife and I to Amish country to eat fresh pie.....Can't wait. Pictures tomorrow.

25. metal man

metal man

OL 55 , I was checking out your '40 at the host hotel during the Goodguys Columbus show this year. That is one great car you have there. I love everything about it...especially the interior. You have the same seats that I have in my '40.

26. Thanks. We did a cruise night at an Amish market in Pennsylvania just yesterday afternoon. It was a nice ride. What car did you have in Columbus?

27. metal man

metal man

I had this '40 out in the evenings...didn't go to the fairgrounds though, as GG's isn't really my style. This is my first car and I have put well over 130,000 miles on it since I got my license in 1987.

Attached Files:

28. Got the Deuce pickup out earlier today and went to a picnic with the local Early Ford V8 Club of America chapter and we to a Halloween cruise in this evening in the wagon.

Driving two outta three hot rods in one day ain't bad. HRP

29. metal man

metal man

We had a nice ride today. we traveled about 200 miles, saw some great scenery, and had some home made pie.

Attached Files:

30. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Finally dug the roadster out of the garage after sitting WAY too long. Looking forward to some fall and winter seat time.

Lee

[​IMG]