Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1958 F100 Build Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SinCityRatFink, Oct 22, 2013.

1. So here's my 1958 F100 Custom Cab. 272 y-block. 4 spd. I don't think I'm going to do anything crazy. Just a nice low daily driver. She runs pretty decent. There's some rust in the floors but nothing to major. I have extra fenders, doors, and a hood from a 60 fridge.
    I'm thinking about throwing the 60 hood on?? If you guys have any pics I'd like to see em. I cant seem to find any 58 with 60 hood.

I'm thinkin about doing a Sid's 3 in drop axel and reversing the eye's and a rear axel flip with notch??

Looking for advice and idea's. So send any and all my way.
    Major thanx in advance!!

Attached Files:

2. JakeDW

JakeDW
    from Missouri

/////////(((((())))))////////:
    Jake

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  3. Cool truck, makes me think of this one..

Attached Files:

4. I've seen that one.. thats funny. I wonder if the previous owner was goin for that. Im not a big fan of the green rims on mine tho.. goin to paint em soon. Black or blue.. I think..
    Also your truck is sick. I was just checking out your thread. Nice work.

5. Yeah it's kind of a 'out there' color. Thank you.

6. So I made a little progress at work today (I have a lot of down time). I ripped out the old nasty carpet. I still have to clean up the cab and get the adhesive off. Hopefully can get the spots in the floor patched soon.
    I also fixed replaced the float in the tank.. now I now how much gas I have.. ha
    Lastly I installed a knew shift nob and it even has my initials on it.. lol.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  7. slosteve

slosteve

The body on that 'big window' looks to be in pretty good shape. Have you had it long?

Steve

8. Picked it up a little over a week. Its pretty solid. Needs some work tho. Little rust in floors and the drivers fender has a little damage. I have a replacement tho.

9. Rob68

Rob68

Keep the 58 hood. 57/58 hoods look the best.

10. No updates yet.. I have been sick as a dog for the last week and a half. Have been drivin the piss out of her tho. Noticed last night that the pinion seal is leaking a little. So will be gettin to that before i have it back out. Did find another paintable grille tho(mine chrome one was tweaked pretty bad). Hopefully can get to workin on the truck this weekend.

11. I think you could straighten that chrome grille out.

12. Unfortunately I don't have any experience in this area. I had talked to few chrome/bumper shops here in town and it seemed cheaper to buy another than to pay there prices with no guarantee's.. I'd definitely be interested in any knowledge anyone has tho.

13. tobias1954

tobias1954
    from Norway

I would say keep the '58 hood. Bought a truck this summer, a '58 with a '60 hood. I am looking for a replacement, haven't had any luck here in Norway yet, guess I'll have to get one from the states. Anyway, here's how it looked:

Attached Files:

• F100.jpg
      F100.jpg
      File size:
      124.4 KB
      Views:

14. Nice truck. Yea I'm going to keep the 58 hood. I'm supposed to be trading my 60 hood for another 58 with a fellow hamber.. I'd sell you whichever I don't use.. but it'd probably cost a fortune to get it to you.

15. I know it's my truck but I'd like some opinions.. what do you think about me throwing a 57 grille on? Obviously I'd have to switch headlights and assemblys also.. would it bolt right up? Or do you think I'm better off trying to straighten my chrome 58 grille? If so how would I go abouts doing that?
    Thanx in advance.

16. If you can, run a 57 grille. Bolts right up. But also you should post some closer pics of the damage on the 58 grille, I don't think it looks that bad.

17. The right side is up higher than the left.. dent on lower left I think is what tweaked it. There's the dent on the right also by the headlight.

Attached Files: