Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 46th Annual Mountain Moonshine Festival, October 26 & 27, 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JReece, May 30, 2013.

1. JReece

JReece

Hey Guys, here is some info on the upcoming Moonshine Festival. :D

Thanks, JReece

46th Annual Mountain Moonshine Festival
    October 26 & 27, 2013
    All proceeds go to
    KARE for Kids, Inc., a local 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
    “Making the World A Brighter Place,
    One Child at A Time”​
    <form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
    [​IMG] KARE for Kids is pleased to announce Mark and Jeff from the hit television show Moonshiners as the Grand Marshals for the 2013 Mountain Moonshine Festival<sup> </sup>
    For more information about Moonshiners Mark & Jeff visit CarolinaMoonshiner.com [​IMG]
    Photo By Michele Hester Dawson Community News ​
    </form>
    Pictures From 2012 Mountain Moonshine Festival
    [​IMG]

• See the parade of moonshine and revenue cars to kick off festivities at 9:00 Saturday morning.
    • For Lodging Information, Click Here.
    • Many great vendors – something for everyone
    • Two stages with live entertainment around the square in downtown Dawsonville
    • Car Show, Cruise-In and Swap Meet held at the Georgia Racing Hall of Fame formerly known as “Thunder Road USA”
    • Moonshine Run on Friday, October 25th, leaving the Georgia Racing Hall of Fame at approximately 10:00 AM, registration to begin at 9:00 AM.
    • Meet many legendary race car drivers. See Vintage Race Cars and more Authentic Moonshine-Hauling cars than you’ll ever see gathered in one place anywhere in the US!
    • Purchase festival souvenirs such as t-shirts, caps & refrigerator magnets.
    • Camper & Hauler parking will be available at the GA Racing Hall of Fame in a designated area only. Please see a KARE representative for assistance. Any hauler or camper parked in a show car parking area or public parking area will be subject to fees according to the size of the camper or hauler.
    • Help out with a very worthy cause, KARE for Kids, Inc.
    Sponsorship Information - For information on becoming a sponsor for our 45th Annual Mountain Moonshine Festival, Click Here. Levels of sponsorship, Click Here.

Moonshine Car Information - Moonshine Car Registration will be held Saturday, October 26th. Click here for instructions and guidelines! Click here for a map.
    All participants will receive a commemorative gift!

Our 5th annual Moonshine Run will be held on October 25th for more information on registration, Click here. Watch for a map for this year's moonshine run.

Race Car Registration - For an application Click Here.

Car Show Information - Pre-register by October 10th to be entered in a special drawing for pre-registered participants ONLY! Click Here for more information. For an application Click Here.
    First 100 applicants will receive a goody bag.

Come to Dawsonville, GA to meet many legendary race car drivers at the 46th Annual Mountain Moonshine Festival.

2. k9racer

k9racer

I will be in attendance with The Georgia Auto Racing Hall of Fame group..

3. My favorite show. An hour away and I was astounded at the growth last year. Wouldn't miss it.

4. k9racer

k9racer

It been a while and its coming up soon so Back to the top..

5. 59 brook

59 brook

got my registration ready and taking the long way up thru the TAIL OF THE DRAGON and be at the show for the fri night cruise

6. JReece

JReece

This is gonna' be awesome! I'm leaving for a business trip Sunday, but I hope to be at the Cruise-in Friday night and at the Show Sat.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. One of these years I just gotta make it to this event.

8. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

9. 59 brook

59 brook

rumor from the gear jam drags is they offer samples

10. JReece

JReece

Yes, you can get a free sample of Dawsonville Moonshine at the distillery. I think it's the only City Hall that you can drink in!

11. We normally make the 700+ mile drive down every year but can't go this year. I highly recommend going if you get a chance. One of my hero's, David Pearson is there every year.

12. KStewart

KStewart

I will be there in my 40 Ford conv. Leaving Pa. at 6AM for Ga.

13. Moon Rocket

Moon Rocket
    BANNED
    from GA

Well, I sold my OT early Ford Bronco today that I was planning to take for sale. Maybe I can find something else before Fri.

I could take my 56 Chevy, but it looks out of place with all the Fords in attendance.

If nothing else, I do have a nice old 1948, Ford 8N tractor. Can't get any more traditional than that!

14. WDO40

WDO40

never been but gone try to leave friday morning early be there maybe around lunch or so driving my 56 F-100

15. 59 brook

59 brook

come on moon rocket bring the chevy so im not the token chevy lol

16. Big T

Big T
    from Florida

Sad to say I can't make it this year but last year was fantastic! Hope to get back in 2014.

17. k9racer

k9racer

Moon Rocket over the year I have seen many chevrolets at the M S F Several have been parked with the trip cars. One was a nice 59 black bel air 3 carb W engine.. Come on plus this gets this BTTT..

18. JReece

JReece

I'll be at the Cruise-in Tonight!!! And hopefully the show tomorrow. Who's all coming tonight???

19. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

Lots and lots of cars.... good stuff.

-W

20. frank spittle

frank spittle

The wife and I were there today and it was our first time there. Let me tell you...this show is one of the best we have been to. If you like moonshine running era cars ('37-'57 mostly) you will love this show. Only a few documented 'shine runner cars were on display but the town was full of other cars of that era as well as high performance '60s cars too.

It is not easy to get my wife to go to a show after 44 years of this but the several hundred vendors selling all kinds of ladies stuff did it for her. I don't think I could go by myself next year if I wanted to. I will post some pics soon.

21. Moon Rocket

Moon Rocket
    BANNED
    from GA

Well, it was a great day for such an event yesterday for sure. Lot's of COOL cars and more than enough people to watch. I didn't even make it up to the square. The event has grown so large that it really would take a body two days to take it all in.

It was my first opportunity to see Mr. Comer's Moonlighter gasser in person, very nice!

Enjoyed me a blooming onion, a couple shots of shine and a few Bud Lites.

If they would only do something to ease the traffic jam leaving instead of just letting the traffic lights do their normal thing.

22. Dang, No one took any pictures?:confused::(

23. frank spittle

frank spittle

My favorite of the show was a REAL moonshine runner from the '50s. This documented '39 Ford has belonged to Dwight Cass for over 40 years. It has a full house Cadillac Eldorado engine complete with the factory dual fours including batwing air cleaner. Has a Lasalle transmission and Columbia two speed too. It was built in 1957. Dwight knew this car because he was a runner himself. Like Junior Johnson, he told me he served time in prison after being convicted.

This car is about as traditional as it gets.

Attached Files:

24. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

X2... gotta get me one of them Eskedeeren cams!

I've always thought American's best "traditional" racers were moonshiners. Unlike the go straight for a little while, or go straight a little further kinds of land speed racing, or ovals of any size, those guys ran on all sorts of road surfaces, drove the fastest cars they could make, embraced the best and most innovative performance parts, and turned left and right. What a way to make $$ and learn to drive. I'd wager a great many of them could have easily been world rally car champions. Gary

25. frank spittle

frank spittle

If you are into factory race cars of the '60s you probably know or have heard of Randy Hinson. He has owned this '63 427 Galaxie Lighweight for 35 years. That is Randy on the left and Elliot Fuller on the right. Elliot bought the car new and had not seen it since selling it. It was an emotional reunion for him.

His stories were priceless. He said no one knew about the Lightweights when he purchased the car. He said he replaced the fender emblems with 390s for 2 reasons. To be incognito and to keep someone from stealing his car. It was not at all unusual for a 427 Ford to get stolen in Georgia back then and turn up in a day or two missing the engine and 4-speed.

He said he quit driving the car after a few years and it was in the back yard between cloths line poles and his wife kept complaining about having to walk around it when hanging cloths to dry so he sold it, he thinks for $1500.00. He said if he had to do it over again he would have not have.

Attached Files:

26. frank spittle

frank spittle

Boy did I like this one too!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

27. frank spittle

frank spittle

This was typical of trying to walk around. Every street had vendors (some on both sides...look in the background) and lots of buyers. The chilly temps had little effect at keeping people from coming.

Attached Files:

28. Great shots, Frank. Thanks for posting them................................Don.

29. 59 brook

59 brook

i have never seen so many 427 galaxies, fairlanes,etc in one place at a time . there were some incredible cars and even a mini cacklefest .

30. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I always here good things about this show but the threads almost never have more then half a dozen photos :/

Anyone stay sober enough to snap a few more?

Posted using My Dick Tracy watch and the full custom HAMB app