Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Disc or drum front brakes for my 56 f-100.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SOCALRICK, Oct 23, 2013.

1. SOCALRICK

SOCALRICK
    from SO. CAL

Starting on my 56' F-100 front end, getting new lowered leaf springs and having Sids do a 3" drop axle. Should I just redo the drum brakes or go disc?

2. I would stick with drum brakes. HRP

3. Fenders

Fenders

If you go with discs you can sell the drums (complete) to a rodder since they fit nicely on 37 - 48 spindles.

4. I've used f-100 front brakes on 2 '32 Fords, a 40 Merc, and now a 36 Ford and I haven't run into anything yet. They work great. Don't believe everything you hear about discs. The dealers who say you need them on your car are trying to sell you some. The car owner who say you need them believed the dealers.

5. I just bought 56 F-100's for my 40...go with them!

6. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

I have a completed front drop axle for a 56. drums and all. Was pulled for a crown vic swap. I'll make you a deal.

7. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

What are you going to be using the truck for??? Just a cruiser, then the drums will be more then adequate. Auto cross or heavy hauling / towing and you may want to consider the disc upgrade.

8. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

If you like adjusting brakes and can have the shoes arced to the drums, go for it. Myself, I would always chose discs.