Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ***Shelbys Hot Rod Roundup HAMB 2013***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RAZIN CAIN, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Shelby's Hot Rod Roundup "HAMB" 2013 Pick

On December 15th 2009 we lost our son Shelby to Suicide...Shelby was a Mechanical Engineering Major at U of L JB Speed School,Engine Builder,General Customizer an very passionate about Drag Racing and Hot Rodding.For the last 2 1/2 years we have been spreading our message of Suicide Awareness thru the Shelby's Hot Rod Roundup and awarding picks at local rod runs,Traditional Style Events,NSRA & Goodguy's Events.With each pick they receive our V8 award made here at our shop a Roundup window sticker an Tshirt designed by Ger Peters AKA Dutch Courage here on the HAMB along with other goodies from our supporters,in hopes of creating partners in the Hot Rod Community and returning home spreading our message of Mental Health,Depression & Suicide Awareness.
    After talking to Ryan we have decided for a second year HAMB 2013 pick...it's free an we invite everyone to participate.Here is how we plan to make the pick an what all our HAMBERS need to do:

You can start submitting on October 15th an all entries will run till December 15th at that time we will pick four finalist and out of those four they will be voted on by all of you here on the HAMB.

The votes will be totaled and our HAMB Shelby's Hot Rod Roundup pick will be announced on Jan 1st 2014.

Award winner will receive our V8 award along with the Tshirt & window decal designed by Dutch Courage,goodies from our supporters Suicide Awareness info for you to share along with your choice of Shelby's Speed & Kustom Swag,designed by some of our HAMB Brothers.

The three runner ups will receive Tshirts an window decals.

Just post in this thread picks of your car at least four including engine an interior,all cars in all forms of driveability are accepted.

Thru out this time I will post more info on what all we do along with other things we do with the award winner.Thanks so much guys we are Hot Rodders just giving back to the community that we love,an Shelby had such a passion for.Good Luck!!!!

Note:We are a Traditional Forum,so lets keep all entries Hot Rod or Kustom Traditional.

2. ryno

ryno

Maybe I missed it, but are you asking for photo submissions?
    Sorry to hear about your loss, but you doing a great thing here!

3. Yes Sir our HAMB online pick last year was Roger Jetters 55 Caddy,submit pics if your car.I will post pics later today of the DutchCourage Tshirt design and our V8 award vary Kool Thanks

4. Also each years online HAMB pick,we will have DurchCourage Ger Peters do a Tshirt design of your Hot Rod which we will print and give to you and your buddies.

5. Brenda & I met Mark at the Shades of the Past this September.

Mark is a true hot rodder with a message to share and although the Shelby award was created due to the loss of his son he has worked tirelessly to help inform everyone of the signs to look for in the prevention of suicide. HRP

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  6. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Hey Mark, how ya doin'...??? Glad to see you're back this year with your "Shelby's Hot Rod Roundup "HAMB" 2013 Pick." I was honored to win it last year with my '55 Cadillac (below)-the only kustom out of four really nice hot rod finalists.

The shirt Mark had designed for me by Ger Peters: [​IMG]

My '55 Cadillac, with model Kiki:
    [​IMG]

I had a really good summer with my Cadillac, especially our trip to Canada and the west coast - go here if you haven't read about it: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...hlight=events+4552+miles+two+weeks+three+days

Now is the time to enter your car in this 'contest'...any HAMBer can enter, right Mark...??? And Mark's got some really nice prizes for the winner.

Thanx for doing this Mark, I certainly apprecaite it.

R-

7. Thanks so much Roger for all your help and being our 2012 Roundup Pick and a Beautiful 55 Kustom Caddy,HotRodPrimer you guys are the Best Thanks for allowing me to set and chat,Thanks for the cold water and I hope Brenda had a Great birthday.Will be contacting ya soon for our story.

8. Our Shelby's Hot Rod Roundup award made right here at Shelby's Speed & Kustom

[​IMG]

9. Our Roundup Tshirt design by DutchCourage Ger Peters here on the HAMB...the winner will receive this shirt along with a window sticker of the same design.

[​IMG]

10. Hey brother Mark, I guess i'll get this party started with my Coupe. Built the car over the course of 9 months with the help of my friends. The only work I had farmed out was haveing the seat upholstered. The rest of the build was done by myself, Mikes29, Bsharp and one of our other friends. Sarted building the car right about the time my wife decided to shock me and file for divorce. Building the car with my friends was so much more therapuetic then any shrink could do. It's what got me through such a rough time in my life and help keep my sanity.

Here's my 4 pics, If anyone is interested in my build up of the car check it out here. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=748122

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thanks

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  11. Come on guys keep them coming,we are a Hot Rod forum you do have some killer Hot Rods out their.

12. O.K. Here is my old 54 Chevy. It is still in the process, but I drive it any way. I bought the car from a young man in Kansas and the car had been in the same family since new. His grandfather bought the car new in 54. Then his uncle took the car and then it was passed down to the young man I bought it from. It is a 54 Chevy 150 series that has been lowered with Fat Man Spindles and Posie Lowrider rear springs. Disc brakes on the front. I have upgraded it to open drive and a 5 speed transmission. I have added a Fenton header and intake that has been ceramic coated. I have also added 2 2 barrel carbs and Smitty mufflers on the dual exhaust system. It racks off really good. It has a white roll and pleat interior. Wide whites, chrome wheels with spider caps. And it gets driven and I ran it down the drag strip at the HAMB Drags this year.
    Later,
    Dick

Attached Files:

13. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

14. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

15. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

16. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

17. Now that's what I am talking about Thanks Road Kill PU & Royalshifter.Shelby's Hot Rod Roundup is for all you guys,all about giving back and raising Awareness to Mental Health,Depression & Suicide.Ryan has this great place for all of us to come to,it's a community,but some folks don't have that and as individuals we all can be their to support and care for those that are hurting.Thanks

18. Whatever we as a community can do to keep this going is what we will do.
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity.
    Later,
    Dick

19. GAME. OVER.

Love this car.

20. Thanks Dick....lets keep them coming I know December 15th is a way off,but we all enjoy eye candy

21. Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  22. Thanks Kendal Smith very Sweet rides...

23. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

My 1928 Abone sedan.

Attached Files:

24. aw heck, theres David! I don't stand a chance now ;)

25. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

26. I agree Keith Sweet ride!!

27. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

:D
    Just chump change to some of the entries.

28. TimW

TimW
    from Kentucky

Mark, thanks for picking my Sedan earlier this year for of one the Shelby's awards. Its the only one I've ever kept and I still have it sitting on the shelf in the garage! Very cool and an awesome way for you to continue your support of the cause and remembrance of you Son! Missed you at the Nats this year and I don't get out much because of work...Dad was actually driving the sedan when you picked it. I'm looking forward to seeing the lucky pick! Tim

Attached Files:

29. Thanks Tim I didn't even know at the Hullabaloo that was your car until your Pops seen me an came up to say Thanks cause we just silently place the V8 Get Together awards,and I said to him Hey your Timmy Wells Dad,then of course we caught up.The Nats I came by the Blue Oval Bunch camp didn't see you but caught up with Tom after selecting his T pickup last year for our Shelby's Hot Rod Roundup.This Roundup we do on the HAMB is special whoever gets selected we design a Tshirt for plus these Kats walk away with alot of goodies.
    Thanks also for entering here on the HAMB and Thanks to you,your Dad & Mom for the support.

30. awesome car Tim!