Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Nicson Engineering - Los Angeles Stamped

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ulloa49, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Ulloa49

Ulloa49

Hello,

I have a Nicson Engineering Side Draft with 3 matching carburetors. I wanted to see if any of you on here might have some knowledge on this piece that could help me out? Thank you for any information that could help me out.

[​IMG]

2. jfrolka

jfrolka

They made boat parts as well as a bitchin 2x2 manifold for a sbc that fetches a pretty penny

3. Kinky6

Kinky6

Bitchin' intake! Could you post a shot of the port flanges that connect to the engine?

My guess is that this may be for a 216/235 Chevy, although there were other inlines with shared intake ports at the time, of course. If it is for a Chevy, I have to wonder if its from before the inliner Corvettes, or after?

Later, Kinky6 :cool:

4. Ulloa49

Ulloa49

Thank you jfrolka and Kinky6. I will post pictures of the ports tomorrow.

I do plan to sell this intake, just want to get information and some history on it and some estimates on what it is worth before I put it up for sale. As I just got a 1938 Chevy Business Coupe that I am building; need the money.

5. Ulloa49

Ulloa49

TTT - Need help with any history or information!

6. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Those Zenith side drafts were used on International C.O.E. trucks. Without a port size measurement on the cylinder head side, I can't say if it's Chevy or GMC.

7. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

8. Sent you a PM, Ulloa49 :D

9. Ulloa49

Ulloa49

Yesterday, I was down at the shop and took some more pictures of the Nicson side draft. I put the other carb on it so it's all complete. Looked over each carb and they are all matching Zenith carbs with the same numbers. I still am not too sure what motor this fits on. I am going to measure the port sizes tonight when I go back down to the shop but here is an image of it all put together.

[​IMG]

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I had a Nicson for a Chevy Inline and like heathen says It DID predate the corvette unit. I believe mine looks a little different though....

11. 52HardTop

52HardTop

Those look like Chevy flanges to me. I'd love to see if they are. It's a killer intake. Never saw one like that before.

12. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

Never seen one either...its badass...

13. Ulloa49

Ulloa49

I measured the ports; each port from center to center is 9" apart a total of 18" from center to center 1st and 3rd port. Each port is 1 - 3/4" width. Not too sure what size engine this fits still tho if someone could help!

14. swe64

swe64

took mesurement on my 270 gmc and it have 9 inch between ports and 18 inch between nr 1 and nr 3
    ken
    sweden

15. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

If the ports are 1.75 inches in diameter, it's got to be for a large port GMC head.

16. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Nicson made a lot of six cylinder stuff.....
    Looks like 270-302 GMC acording to the spacing etc.....
    Tom Langdon at stovebolt.com could tell you for sure ......