Register now to get rid of these ads!

56 ford car fiberglass parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by venturesomerite, Oct 21, 2013.

1. I recently met a guy building the same car as me, 56 ford victoria. He had some fiberglass fenders and splash pan from a company that doesn't exist anymore.

I was wondering if anyone had any leads on anyone that still produces fiberglass parts for the big for cars?

Any help is appreciated.

Brian

2. indyjps

indyjps

Try contacting the larger older fiberglas companies and seeing if they still have the molds around.

3. big M

big M

JC Whitney, Western Auto, and other companies sold those fiberglass fenders for replacements in the 'rust belt' states in the sixties to early seventies. Another idea it to contact JC Whitney to see if they may still have some. I don't believe anyone is currently making them.

---John

4. There was a place here locally that sold front fenders. I had them on a 56 ford. They looked good and fit well. I want tomsaynthey were in walled lake michigan

5. Fairlane company...Milford, mi. Did a search didnt find them listed anymore

6. Fairlane was the company,,the also made a nice 36 Ford roadster body. HRP

7. From what I can find, fairlane company no longer exists. So I guess I'lll die before I find someone willing to sell me a set of their fenders for less than my first born.

8. Cabover

Cabover

Keith Ashley was the owner of Fairlane Co. He is a member on here, or at least was a while back. Was trying to sell all of his molds....don't know if he did or not. Hope that maybe helps...lol

9. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

I need a 55 ford fairlane fiberglass hood to go with my fiberglass fenders and rad support pieces. Anyone have one?

10. joseph.peter.carter@us.ar

[email protected]
    from USA

I am not sure how hard it would be, but can't you take a OEM front end, tighten it up and use that as a mold. You would then, have a whole fiberglass front end, that you could use as a tilt front end, why just have fiberglass fenders. I am sure that you could find someone with a good front end that you could borrow, to perform the task.

11. Where are your fenders from?

Finding a 56 front end in good enough shape to mold off of, AND some one willing to let you use it and possibly screw it up is hard.

12. Yeah front fenders for these cars either glass or steel are out there in price!

13. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

Anyone that needs a fiberglass part made contact japar here on the HAMB. he has pulled molds and made parts for my son and I and is very reasonable.Someone just needs to loan him a good part to pull the mold from. with his shop in R.I. this is especially handy for us New England guys.

14. All it has to be is straight; maybe a rusted-out clip with your best chickenwire/paper/bondo repair to get it straight, then pull the mold off that...

15. RacerJames

RacerJames

Resurrecting an old post.
    How would one go about pulling a mold from the big mid 50's Fords? clingwrap and vacuum, then fiberglass mats? I've been toying with the idea of a rebody kit for the "trendy" Crown Vics, which would be similar to the '49 kit the guy makes for the '89-95 T-Bird in Jersey. It would help if I knew anything at all about fiberglass...

16. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

56 Ford car dash boards are fantastic... I'd love to have one. Gary

17. Crown'd

Crown'd
    from Utah

You have a savior if you still need these...believe it or not they're made in Canada. www.showcars-bodyparts.com 905.857.6345

They offer fenders, hoods and one-piece front ends as needed. A hood is $479, freight $195, two week lead time for example.

Aussiepete. likes this.
  18. RmK57

RmK57

How much do you really save with fiberglass fenders? Now a fiberglass front bumper would be the hot ticket, especially with a typical 50's car.

19. Crown'd

Crown'd
    from Utah

Since few gassers run front bumpers it's largely a moot point...rears aid weight transfer.

20. southcross2631

southcross2631

Suncoast race cars here in Florida makes race weight and street weight Glass parts for 55 -56 Fords.
    The Southeast Gasser Skailane is running their front end on his car.

Aussiepete. and Crown'd like this.