Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Eastwood & Barakat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rick Barakat, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Work is getting in the way again. Also, getting the Sedan cleaned up for Bakersfield.
    Anyone going???

2. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

in this economy be glad work gets in the way from time to time & cleaning up the sedan as you well know is a blessing in this life. i got a big cruze in this sat. so i know where you are at. lookin forward to an event is a good thing...................

3. We'll be there!!

What day are you heading up? We're leaving here about mid-day Friday, staying all day Saturday, and heading back Saturday night after the Cacklefest.

4. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

I'm leaving OC at 5 AM to get through the LA traffic , sunrise on the grapevine .

5. Yep me and Rebecca are going with Dennis and Debbie Kyle

6. deucemac

deucemac

Rick,

If you get the car ready, make a short run over the hill and go Winfield's get together on Saturday. I'd love to see the sedan up here and also not be the only guy wearing an E&B team shirt. Let me know and we'll guard a spot until you show up. Gotta be in Utah the next weekend so can't see you, Peter, and Derek at the CHRR gig at Famosa.

7. FOURTYDLX

FOURTYDLX

Rick; Seeyou at Bakersfield Fri. Les

8. Had a blast with Rick and Pete yesterday riding in their Tudors. Looking forward to CHRR this weekend

9. lomonte

lomonte
    from Indep., MO

Everyone have fun at the Reunion?

10. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

I know I did!
    Cackled the "Old Master". Any time we get to use up some Nitro it's fun.
    My friends call it "converting money into noise"

11. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I wasn't able to make it after all.:(

I think this thread has run it's course. I ran over an idea with Jeem to see if it was viable and he seemed to think so. Here it is. I want to have a momento of this thread to display with the Sedan and the best way possible in my mind is to send an E&B shirt around the country to the contributors on this project and have them sign it and pass it on to the next guy and the next guy etc. I also would like to do the same for the people who posted on this thread as they were very valuable in keeping the heat on me to complete the Sedan and making this thread fun.:)
    If this seems unrealistic, just let me know and I'll drop the idea. As I have said many times before, the Sedan would never have been finished to this level of correctness or quality without my friends on The HAMB. Also, a big thanks to Ryan for a quality site!

12. The event was great, as usual.
    It was good to BS with you, Pete. The car looked outstanding and sounded even better. I've got the fever to build a Cackle car, and although I'm leaning toward a Fuel Altered, a dragster would be just as cool. I've got my ear to the ground looking for a car to restore that has some history, and maybe the stars will align and I'll be converting money into noise some time in the future.

I was hoping you would have made it to Bakersfield, but in your absence, I was sporting my E&B shirt all day Saturday. I even passed a guy in the pits wearing the same shirt, and we both complimented each other on our choice of attire!!

I think the signed shirt is a great idea. When it's time for Terry and Jake to sign the shirt, let me know, and we'll all hook up at the same time and maybe grab some eats while we're at it.

13. Hi Rick, shirt idea sounds good to me, let me know when you have it at your shop, I'll drop in and sign it, maybe take that ride to lunch in the Sedan?
    Thanks,
    cw.

14. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Rick, shirt idea sounds like a winner, but one shirt may not be big enough. Years ago on Americruise, we did the same thing with the umbrellas that R&C gave us. All our group signed everyone else's. The cover of TRJ, are us plebes still going to be able to talk to you?

15. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

i will miss this thread but i understand.if i ever get to socal i will definately look u guys up. i will always look for updates though.....................

16. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

You may have to bust out one of those size 5X shirts that someone requested a while back.....

17. FOURTYDLX

FOURTYDLX

I like the idea. Sorry I missed you, Saw Pete,

18. Snot Rocket

Snot Rocket

I'll sign right next to the skid mark.

19. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Rick, you're going to need a few shirts, 'cause, speaking for myself....I'm going to have to draw my take of the sedan on there somewhere!!

20. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I think I'll check with the shirt guy and see what the largest shirt is that I can buy and have printed. That will be tomorrow's project.
    Thanks for the input!
    We'll take ideas on how to get started.

21. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I found a 10X shirt. I think that will work best. The down side is I have to buy 10 of them.
    It also increases the shipping cost by about 2 bucks. All that extra weight.
    Jeem-
    Is that big enough for you?

22. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

You can use the extras as car covers for the sedan, Richard's 600S, the '64 Impala and 2 sewn together will cover the Packard.....

23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I really hope you don't completely abandon the thread altogether. Even long after the fact it's like checking in with friends! My T-bucket thread is kinda turning out the same way here. The t-shirt idea is Great!

24. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Send it to Phoenix first so's I get a stab at some prime real estate!

25. Pete, good to spend some time with you and Rick and the pink car looked and sounded great!!!!

Flat-N-Low that was me wearing my shirt on Sat at CHRR, was also hoping to see Rick and the E&B car.

26. Greg-
    I should have stopped and said hello, but I was in a rush to get back to the trailer to get some stuff we needed for the Cacklefest later that night. I feel bad now......

You came from far away, and I hope you had a great time while you were here. I always love to see our overseas hotrod friends come over and have a good time. The event is a blast.

27. Hi mate, no problem it's all good. I was in a hurry too as I was photographing the event for NZ and Australian magazines. We had a blast it was a 10 day trip and we saw and did a lot. Keep in touch.
    Greg

28. jalopy45

jalopy45

JEEM can use the extras for mini-bike covers and doesn't Tio Geo need a shirt??:D

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  29. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Here's a question. Should we print the same shirt for Jeem to draw on or let his artwork be the focal point on the shirt????

30. Tio Geo

Tio Geo

I say same shirt for Jeem......Maybe Jeem will do a special edition E & B shirt for you and Pete. And i also want to say NO to ending this thread, it's a good way for everyone to stay in touch and for you (Rick) to keep us posted on whats new with the E & B sedan and where it is going to be ...etc etc