Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage CHRR 2013 Famoso Roll Call?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roughneck424, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Mad-Lad

Mad-Lad
    from California

No need to apologize about the preaching. I totally get what your saying. I just want to share the experience the way my dad and your dad did.

Thanks for all your input. I might wait another year or so.

2. Your last statement mate^^ makes me think you ARE good father material,your kid will be proud later on.

3. hotrodtodd1960

hotrodtodd1960

I'm going be there when the gates open on Friday !!

4. 87Heaven

87Heaven

See you at the gates, Fri Morn. Last minute decision this year.

I hope tickets are not a prob.

Gotta get to sleep if I can:)

5. Be there Fri AM, trying to get a camping spot. Didn't pre buy so hoping that purchasing at the gate is not an issue!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. I see a lot, if not most kids with ear proection, even a lot of DOGS have hearing protection.
    There are allways morons wherever you go and I agree, it's no place for babies. Actually , there are adults that should stay out as well, the ones that just have to have 28 beers, the thieves, the fighters. I do find all of that at a real minimum at Bako, it's not really so bad in my book.

7. cktasto

cktasto

Ditto.

Fly home from Denver tonite and will be back on the road at 5a heading to Famoso for the day.

8. jwcaddy

jwcaddy
    from golden,co.

I am flying out of Denver tonight also to Las Vegas and then hitting the road at 6am too. This is what we woke up to here in Denver. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1382110021.345955.jpg I see Bako is going to be 85 tomorrow. Can't wait to get out of the snow.

Wishing I was on the salt watching some fast cars go by me!!!!!!!

9. Project Paladin

Project Paladin
    BANNED

Mad-Lad,
    Try a Sat. Night Nitro event there next Summer. Much more of a laid back deal and not as crowed. I took my then 5 year old daughter there a couple of Summers ago and it worked out great. Just FYI, there's a truck stop (I think it's a Flying J) one or two exits south of the Famoso exit. It's always clean and is a good place to stop before and after to hit the head and clean up. Hope this helps.

10. Unfortunately sitting home in front of 'puter this year with Bang shift. But next year different story , I hope.

11. spent the entire day there yesterday. What a Great Day. CHRR seems to get bigger and bigger every year. I've always gone a Saturdays but this year due to an obligation on Saturday I went Friday. lot's and lot's of great deals out in the swapmeet area.

12. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1382247330.813203.jpg
    Wow, what a great time. Great racing, great people. Swap meet and midway were good as well.
    And Roughnecks roast wasn't bad either!

13. This was my second trip to CHRR. First time I barely left the swapmeet since a friend and I had a slot there. This year I was able to take more in. Spent all day Saturday there. What a freaking blast! I'm a mid aged guy from the dirty south (South Mississippi). Grew up thumbing through my uncles old drag racing and other car mags from the 60's. I never imagined I'd get a chance to see this kind of stuff in person :eek:. Cacklefest...BITCHIN!!!!!

14. roughneck424

roughneck424

Just made it back home. I agree the swap meet was the best one I have seen in a long time there at Famoso. The track oil downs where horrible this year and we even thru a chain on the can crusher :)

15. roughneck424

roughneck424

With the long shadows on the ground. I believe I was taking a nap when you took this photo. I was out late Friday and up at 04:30 Saturday to get fire started and load the pig.

16. roughneck424

roughneck424

Few Swap Meet photos
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. We were there on Friday and Saturday, and as usual, had a blast. The weather was excellent, although it was a little chilly on Saturday morning when I woke up.

To me, the swap meet was a bit of a disappointment, size-wise. It was tiny, only 2 rows this year, compared to 4 to 6 rows on previous years. The sellers were a little "tight" when I went through on Saturday morning, which was expected. They were a bit better on Saturday afternoon, though, and I got a few good deals.

The Cacklefest was awesome. We were the first car to light off, pushing the Tocco, Harper, and Garten Fuel Altered. Because they were short on push vehicles, we had to haul ass back into line and get set up to push another car, the Schrank Brothers 1961 B/Fuel dragster. Not knowing anything about their car, I was shocked when I heard it light off. I wasn't expecting much out of a blown 276 cubic inch DeSoto Hemi on fuel, but damn, that little beast sounded badass! It was a record-holder in 1961, running a speed of 183mph. That's getting with the program in 1961. Here's a cool story about the Schrank Bros. dragster:
    http://wediditforlove.com/Schrank-1.html

It was a great weekend, hanging out at my favorite track and catching up with old friends. If you've never been, put it on your Bucket List.

18. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

A weekend of first's for me. My first ten-second timeslip, my first time getting kicked off the track for the day (as our AFX group was kicked out of staging lanes due to one drivers miss step on an oildown) almost getting run down from a golfcart race Saturday night on pit road,first wheelie, etc...

John- I'll have to send your shirts up to you. The hooch got the better of me. Sorry..;)

19. MTR-HD-Ordie

MTR-HD-Ordie

Yup, couldn't say it any better! A big thanks to Roughneck424 for his hospitality!! The pig was awesome!! And the whole party setting was a great time!! You really made a great event that much better.

20. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Awesome time! The racing, the weather, the venue-all good! The rail-jobs were my favorite and believe it or not it was the first time standing next to one as it's fired up and running! Saw some killer stuff man-I'm hooked!!!!

21. roughneck424

roughneck424

I had so much fun now that the haze has burned off. I went ahead and ordered March Meet 2014 Tickets :)

22. roughneck424

roughneck424

Thanks - Glad you liked it! :D

23. roughneck424

roughneck424

No Problem I know the feeling! I catch ya next time.