Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Picked up a '56 F-100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MrHavard, Oct 1, 2012.

1. cginev

cginev
    from PA

Great job so far! I'm looking for a similar project and will definitely be keeping up with yours.

2. willymakeit

willymakeit

It's on the page with the axles and springs. Tells which spring to remove and which to keep
    Didn't mean to repost. Your progress is good.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  3. Hey Blake, I have a 352 block that was just cleaned to rebuild for the truck but I may not use it. I have a line on a 390 that is more interesting, if neither works out then I will re-use the 223. I am going to re-wire it, I was thinking about using the rebel wire kit. Everyone seems to like it. thanks!

4. n847

n847

Cool ass truck!

5. If you can go with the 9", the early Dana cost just as much to build as 9" and if you get inspired to add horse power later it won't be an issue ....Joe

6. Wow its been a while since I have posted, and I feel like I have gotten nothing done! haha. I put new seals in the rear axle, cleaned it and painted it. Ive also got the front clip off to clean and paint the front of the frame. I took a picture of this rad little two gauge cluster under the dash.
    I also took the oppourtunity the por-15 some of the underside of the bed while it was off.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. 29ToyA

29ToyA

Love the 56 F100, you have a good project going

8. Great truck you have there. Nice and straight! I'd love to have one.

I still got a shot at a 56 3/4 ton in pieces/boxes down to the rolling frame. Locked original flat head. Front clip is blasted in epoxy. Some extras... NO Title.

Title issue has me scared off so far - but I pass it on the way home and would love to make this my next project if I could do it with legal paperwork.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK - LOVE YOUR 56!
    rg

9. jclars

jclars
    from Lynden, WA

Way to stay with it - I just found your post for the first time, so I'm glad you brought it up to date.

I started my 56 about the same time as you! (Sorry, no build thread as I am street rodding it.) I was told that mine was originally a CA, by way of Wyoming.

BTW - I went with a 6...

John L.

Attached Files:

10. gkgeiger

gkgeiger

I've always had a soft spot for those 53/56 F100's. Yours looks like a great start. Like the patina.

11. I think I never work on this thing. I finally got the rear axle back in and put the wheels back on. On the rear I raised the spring mounts, put in extended hangers and had the eyes reversed. The stance is a little misleading as the rear wheels are pretty big (15x10s). It will get a slightly smaller tire I think when its all said and done.

Attached Files:

12. After that I took the front axle and springs out. I'm going to have the eyes reversed and ill rebuild the shackles and drag link. I'd like to get the axle dropped, but thatll probably wait til later.

Attached Files: