Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Restored Supermodified

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roostasix, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Will do, but I need your email address.

2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I don't know if it will be as sharp turning this car, but I plan to build my next rod with as much lock to lock as I can by widening the frame rails and hanging as much of the suspension as feasible inside the rails. It should be a lot better than what I have for parking and U turns! Gary

[​IMG]

3. bookout

bookout

4. sprint3

sprint3

Here is a pic of an edmunds copy the was just finished using Edmunds blueprints. Work was done by hei in spokane,wash

Attached Files:

5. Trick sick NICE! Did I say it was nice? Did I throw in it was nice? HEY that is soooooo.....cool.

Great job!

6. Lee Nicolle

Lee Nicolle

Scotty had had the Wasina car for a long time. I have competed against it at Classic shows for nearly 20 years. It hit me VERY hard at Horsham about 10 years ago. The thing is built like a tank!! Though Bob Kelley managed to bend it often racing in the 70s!
    I was going to post a pic of myself running with it at Murray Bridge,, but it seems to be too hard for an idiot like me to post a pic. I have a few pics of the US cars racing in Oz, or doing spirited demonstrations as classics.

7. Lee Nicolle

Lee Nicolle

Peter is still using that car on dirt, beach racing and road racing!! He is a regular on The Nostalgia Forum.

8. Lee Nicolle

Lee Nicolle

Is that Marshall Sargeant car a replica? Because he brought one to Australia just like that and it is still here. The renmants, chassis, steering box and fibreglass replica body that it raced with here are being slowly pieced together here in Adelaide. Last time I saw it it was a roller with dummy engine with 6 97s and extractors.

9. Lee Nicolle

Lee Nicolle

Not the title as there is only local cars there. Bill Wigzell won the title that year in 'Suddenly'

10. Slimmey

Slimmey

This one #2 was reproduced a few years back, I believe by Roger Barnet. When they got it I know the body was to bad to use. My dad Roy Sammons and Herb Copeland built this car for the 1966 season in Dodge City. I think HA Ratzlaff probably had a hand in it. It is currently in Dodge City, I wish I would have taken a pic of it 2yrs ago when it was down at my shop, on the way to it's new owner. Keep thinking I'll get to yet.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  11. Slimmey

Slimmey

Here is a pic of Issac's #8 that Herb drove. Dale Reed at the time drove #6.
    And years later Herb when he drove for Nance.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

12. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

I believe thats the real deal.....at least as far as I know.

13. Steve Bonesteel

Steve Bonesteel
    from Clovis, Ca

My Grant King built "Pink Lady" roadster, owned by Art Sugai and driven Art Pollard, Kenny Hamilton and others is for sale on E-bay. Listing number is 151149327497 or under Pink Lady supermodified

Attached Files:

14. GenIIIRacing

GenIIIRacing

Unfortunately, one he never actually raced. But very well built tribute car by Burnett before it left the Stewart/Estes stables.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app