Register now to get rid of these ads!

1963 corvette split window

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Leadsled612, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Would you pay 12K for a 63 split window sight unseen?
    An opportunity just arose!

2. Kinda of a wide open question but if the description included wrecked or totaled,,No. HRP

3. Would not by a toy without seeing it. Are seeing a good picture.

4. If ya can't kiss the hood , ferget it

Attached Files:

5. 28TUDOR

28TUDOR

If it's not totaled or burnt to the ground I would buy it an a heartbeat but not without a picture. Have you seen the $ those cars get now days?

6. slowmotion

slowmotion

Sight unseen, no way. Infact, even pics can be presented in such a way to be very misleading. In person, or not at all is the only way I roll now. Just made a two hr. tow with a 24' enclosed trailer recently. Going by pics & description after talking to a seller on phone several times. Dry run, lesson learned. Both seller & car were total pieces of shit made for each other.

7. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

too hard of a question to answer... i wouldnt give $500 for one. not my car. i dont like em at all, now if it was a red and white 54..... then yes...
    just my opinion..

never buy anything sight unseen..

8. indyjps

indyjps

I would give 12k for one when I loaded it on a trailer and received a title or bill of sale.

9. I agree. When I first read this post, I thought are you kidding me until I got to sight unseen. Quote from my Mother as I was growing up: "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."
    Seems something is wrong here. Sounds like a scam from Craig's List.
    All the posts here contain some good advice. Good luck.

10. Cruiser

Cruiser

The price is way too low. Don't buy unless you go to see it in person with someone who knows Corvette's. A good unrestored '63 split window Corvette should be up in the $25K to $35K range. Sounds like your deal is too good to be true. It could be a vette that was piece together be carefully.

CRUISER :cool:

11. TexasDart

TexasDart

just go ahead and send me that 12K...I'll give you a split window.

no way no how.

12. Splitwindow

Splitwindow
    from Gulf Coast

Please, if you find a "Good" un-restored '63 Corvette Coupe for 25G's let me know first... your advice is good but that's even too low for a survivor.

Never buy something sight unseen unless you have the money to burn.

13. DS1937

DS1937

Ever hear the expression "you can't cheat an honest man"? Reason being, an honest man wouldn't buy that thing in the first place!

14. A.D.D.

A.D.D.
    from PacNW

It depends on the situation.

If a co-worker told me their Mother-in-law, Neighbor, Friend... had an old corvette and they think it's a '63 for sale for $12k... I would GLADLY go look with CASH and drop several Benjamin's in the finder's palm for the tip.

If I saw a PRINT ad locally for a 1963 corvette for $12k I would be loaded and on my way in the general direction calling wildly!

If it's a "Buy it now" on Ebay or Craigslist ad...... RUN! No car. Never exsisted and the guy in Poland/Russia/ Africa/etc.... is just trying to scam you outta your cold hard earned $$$$$$$$$$$$

Just my .02

15. RocktimusPryme

RocktimusPryme

I lived in Vegas for 8 years. Sometimes you gotta roll the dice. But you gotta define sight unseen. How good of pictures are you getting? Are all your questions being answered with legit responses or is the seller dancing around? And how do you feel about the deal overall.

Most of the time your intuition is going to be more or less correct. And most people arent out to get you. If you really want the car (And who doesnt want that one) and you feel like you are dealing with someone on the up and up pull the trigger.

Life is boring without the occasional gamble, just make sure you feel like the odds are in your favor.

16. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

would you ask an open ended question with no details and expect any answer worth a damn?

no.

17. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I doubt you'll get much more than a body and frame for $12K.:rolleyes:

18. Well,,what did you do?:confused: HRP

19. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

12 grand for a split window- Yes sir .
    Sight unseen - no way.

20. I agree with HRP here. I wouldn't go on a blind date either.

21. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

I bet all your dates were blind!

I say buy it and post tons of pictures, making everyone cry or

22. slowmotion

slowmotion

"She has a great personality"....is always a tip-off, huh Beano. :eek:

23. hoodprop

hoodprop

I with the rest with out seeing it no way. I love vette's but now way would I buy one sight unseen.

24. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

If it wasn't for modern technology and television auctions, it would be worth a look. But in this day and age of being able to simply Google a suggested price, I'd say this isn't worth the time. A none car person could get a bottom line price in a 15 second search and it sure as hell isn't $12K.

But hey.......... prove everyone wrong.

25. lakeroadster

lakeroadster
    from *

Fred speaketh the truth.

PM me for the name to put on the money order and the address to send it to...... trust me. Oh, I've also included a photo of my wife, Morgan Fairchild...

Here's your photo of the vette (the extra taillights aren't included, that's another grand):
    [​IMG]

And my wife:
    [​IMG]

Just kidding of course.... I love mid year vettes, but buying anything sight unseen is a fools errand, IMO.

"You can't buy love... but you can rent it" Morgan Fairchild, circa 1986 :)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  26. A split lip is all yer gonna git on this deal.....sight unseen...nooooo waaaaay!

27. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

At $12k it's worth an airplane ticket almost anywhere to see it first. If the seller gets antsy about you flying in to see it, then you have answered your question.

28. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

There are two different manufacturers making or were making split windows. But even they were around 15k for just the shell.

29. I went on a blind date once. Ended up married to her. And divorced from her. I still have my 63 Corvette....but it's a roadster, so I guess it's irrelevant. :p