Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Overkill Shrinker-Stretcher stand

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ELpolacko, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Ruiner

Ruiner

Damn you all for enabling my sickness...I'm moving into my first shop space in the past 4 years soon and itching to get to work on my long overdue project vehicles, and now I have to build new shrinker/stretcher stands and a helve hammer...just when I thought I'd get something done I gotta build new tools to make getting things done easier :p...

Your work looks top notch, and I envy your access to such useful equipment like plasma cutters and machining equipment...keep up the good work...

2. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

made in america, whats that? i hate those cast led pieces of garbage! i bet you have as much in shipping as the product. nice work though, wouldnt mind one either after you get the prices sorted out. your our hero!

3. lrapso

lrapso
    from Costa Rica

Hello:
    Any chance you bring some dimensions, steel thikness of parts, etc. otherwise post the .step model of the hammer?

regards, Luis

4. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

yes, a fence to guide the metal and keep it paralell from an edge, or maybe some sort of dowel pin to pivot off of for radius work. pertty old thread right? you're probable tired of this machine and have built another by now!

5. Sorry, no. This is my art, not keen on just giving that away.

We still use the machine quite a lot. My intentions have changed a bit since I added my Pullmax.

[​IMG]

6. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D:eek: Outstanding Sir.Sitting here watching the video of the Hammer and started to chuckle.At certain speeds it sounds like an old two cylinder marine engine.No disrespect intended.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

7. Did you ever make the tucking tool one? Or am I just missing it

8. Thumbnail die? No, never made one. I am confident it would run one pretty well.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. gatz

gatz

Great to see how this project turned out for you. Nice design work.

re;
    "I did a few measurements and started fabricating on my Alibre' software"

How do you like Alibre ? Does it compare favorably with SolidWorks (if you've used SW) ?

I'd like to upgrade SW but cannot justify their price for home use....so, was looking at Alibre.
    Have read that native SW files can be imported into Alibre.

gatz

10. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

that pullmax is huge! it looks like a wall.

11. I have only used Alibre' so I can't compare. I can tell you it was easy enough to learn but I have run up against limitations on the version I have. They changed the name to Geomagic but sill use the http://www.alibre.com/ website.

One of these days I will upgrade.

I can export to SW files just fine. Even import from .step and others with pretty good success. Even been told I can import Google Sketchup files, though I haven't tried that. There are quite a few solid modeler programs out there. I have had reps from some of these push their wares on me in the past few years. Some do some pretty cool assemblies and automation right in the drawing software, which is cool. But I fear most of those guys have such limited audiences and not much staying power. There is something to be said for large corp stability when it comes to expensive software!

12. I need to pick up some type of software Steve. Might have to try the one you use just so I can pick your brain! ;)

13. Excellent work,,as always. HRP

14. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Wow,that helve hammer looks like pretty cool.Great work,man!

15. Gatz I use Alibre at work on large projects and it works pretty well.As for SW files export them as as a STEP and any 3D software can import them.Alibre is a good product for the cost. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Gary

16. Steve,
    Good to see you are still building kick ass cool tools. Keep it going bud....Hope to see you in Jan.