Register now to get rid of these ads!

Louisville Swap meet this weekend!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by low budget, Oct 17, 2013.

1. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

2. chevelle bob

chevelle bob
    from Linton

I am going bright and early Saturday morning. I have never been to this one so I hope it is decent.

3. B.Sharp

B.Sharp

It's always a faily decent meet but there are not a lot of older model A parts to be found. A few here and there but lot's of other goodies. I may have to miss it this year. Kids have too much going on this weekend.

4. 36DodgeRam

36DodgeRam

I went to the KYANA swap meet there last March. It was great! How does this fall meet compare?

5. Fall swap is usually not as big as the spring, but it is still a good meet to pick up odds & ends for the winter projects.

6. Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos
    from Missery

couple of us are riding down from Stl ,
    its half or so of march, just main building and front room ,
    swap meets are always an adventure ;)

7. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Its a very good swap meet, i will leave indy early morning looking for distributor cores. Any one going down that has delco chevy distributor cores ???

8. josh highley

josh highley

Does anyone know what time it opens? I can't find any info online. Thanks!

9. chevelle bob

chevelle bob
    from Linton

I found one site that says 9:00 and another says 8:00. anyone know for sure what time the doors open?

10. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Not going myself but have a vendor buddy there that vends Osborne decals and drag photos He used to be a photographer for Drag News....lot's of neat black and white glossy's.....lot's of gasser and S/S photos His name is Jack

11. B.Sharp

B.Sharp

You will likely be able to get in about 9:00. Last year we were there at 8:00 and stood in line for about an hour until they opened the doors.

12. paintcan54

paintcan54

My flyer say's "doors open at 8:00 am both sat and sun", over at 4:00. Hope this helps.

13. kb cookout

kb cookout

Yes doors open at 8:00 vendors get in at 7:00 ,
    It's about 3/4 full this evening, lots of cool old parts, and mid 40's-50's chevy truck parts there was a few vendors with pre 40's chevy car parts,

I'm taking down another load of Model T and A sheet metal in the morning

later kb

14. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

I just got back home. Left Indy at 6 got there and walked right in (rained all the way down and back).
    Not as many booths as the other kyanna meet but pretty full. Bought every distributor is seen ( aluminum delcos) but two guys had there "chevelle-corvette" brain cells smoked and wanted too much for them. I pay 5-10 for these..they wanted 50-75 bucks each cause the numbers said chevelle.
    Do you realize how many chevelles were sold in Ky ???? Most of them were blue even...
    Was worth my ride down anyway, picked up a couple cheapie tools for the shop...

15. Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos
    from Missery

main building and front room full, guys didn't want to deal much yesterday , only bought some spare tires , maybe they will decide not to pack it today and negotiate

16. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Hope all had a good time and got some needed parts and/or some good deals, unfortunately I wound up not making it,but I will be looking forward to the one in march.

.....gonna take in the cruise at somerset this next weekend tho,they have a small swap meet there.
    This is tri five chevy and pre 63 weekend this time around as the main focus but most rides are welcome and they are giving the car away this time as well since its the last cruise of the season.check out the link.
    http://somernitescruise.org/

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  17. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

18. chevelle bob

chevelle bob
    from Linton

Wife and I was there Saturday morning. Great swap and I found some good deals. Got a set of fender skirts for my 52 chevy and a set of 49 ford tail lights. Deffinately had a good time.