Register now to get rid of these ads!

STOLEN: '27 T roadster, Collinsville, IL area

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by junkmonger, Oct 13, 2013.

1. junkmonger

junkmonger

My most recent pictures are posted here. They are several years old. Much work has been done since then. The grill is a whippet grill with old chrome -- see generic whippet grill pic -- (not mine). Fuel tank is an oval model T tank mounted behind the cab. Battery box is mounted to a modified cross member in the sheet metal floor (see pic). Chassis is a boxed and bobbed A frame, with a 4" Superbell dropped axle, and wide 5 wheels. Banjo rear end has axle housings reversed for a longer wheelbase. Cowl steering is provided by an old Schroeder steering box, with a Lincoln steering wheel that used to be in my '36 Ford truck (see pic).

The body is a 26-27 T pickup cab with the roof cut off, coupster style. According to Tiny, who owned it before me, it was a drag car in the 60's, and ran at Lions Drag Strip as a roadster. It has chrome headlights, firewall, dash, cowl vent, and heater. Engine is a newly rebuilt 59AB flathead with .030 pistons, Johnson adjustable hollow lifters, Isky Max-1 cam. Some of the parts added after the pics were taken, include Navarro heads with a couple of broken fins, and milled fins for generator bracket (see pic of a similar one), Edelbrock 3 carb intake with rebuilt stromberg 97's, Fenton cast iron headers, and Smitty mufflers.

It may or may not have been parted out and sold off. I'm hoping that someone here on the HAMB has seen some of these parts for sale.I'm not interested in your armchair lawyer theory, or other negative bullshit. I'm interested in locating my car or parts of it. If you have any info, please call, email, PM or post to let me know.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  2. junkmonger

junkmonger

Detail of the battery box, new brakes. Shot of reversed axle housings for longer wheelbase, and the dash shows the gauges, before I installed the steering box: SW guages are 6K tach, oil pressure, water temp, MPH, and fuel gauge. Bad picture of the original brass Model T fuel valve, with sediment drain (foreground), for the Model T oval fuel tank.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  3. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

will watch for parts

4. junkmonger

junkmonger

5. When and where was it stolen?

6. McGurk

McGurk
    from Mid West

junkmonger,

So why did you edit out the part about the guy picking it up to do work on it for you, you don't know his address, you got his address from tax records, you were going to put a lien on his house and the police told you that it was a civil matter? In other words it was a flakey deal and you lost possession of your car. Seems to me like you edited the original post to make it sound more like an outright theft.

McGurk

7. junkmonger

junkmonger

I deleted the entire post, along with all the troll comments. This is a new one. I'm not going to talk about an ongoing investigation. If you have any new info to add about the car or parts, I'll be happy to hear it, though.

8. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

cool car. Didn't even know you had it. I hope it turns up soon and intact.

9. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I'll keep an eye out up here.

10. tedster

tedster

Now just a minute. You let somebody pick up your car but you did not know where he was taking it. Wow.

11. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Honestly, you should have left it. We "trolls" were trying to get an idea what the hell was going on.

12. brad chevy

brad chevy

Trolls,you might as well delete this thread to because your whole story is messed up. Everybody tried to help you and you get mad and start insulting. Maybe facebook would work better for you.

13. junkmonger

junkmonger

As many here already know, I'm crippled with sarcoidosis (a debilitating lung disease). I'm on oxygen 24/7 and can not leave the house. I'm asking that you keep your eyes open for my car, since I can't do it my self. If anyone sees anything that looks like it came from my car, please contact me. If that's too much to ask, please move along.

14. junkmonger

junkmonger

Thanks to all those looking out for me.

15. junkmonger

junkmonger

Bump for the weekend.

16. low merc51

low merc51

I will be looking up in the Jerseyville area !!!

17. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I'm really confused (not a rare situation for me). A theft is where someone sneaks into your garage and makes off with your stuff, and you have no idea who they are and are trying to find that out. In this case you gave your car to someone who you evidently know the ID of, but they are keeping your car. My question is, even if the parts start showing up somewhere what will that do for you ?

Ok, let's say one of us contacts you and says we saw your stuff at some swap meet, what good would that information do for you ? You already know the perp .:confused: (You must know him because of the home lien thing )

Don

18. junkmonger

junkmonger

Maybe you should read the OP:

"I'm hoping that someone here on the HAMB has seen some of these parts for sale. I'm not interested in your armchair lawyer theory, or other negative bullshit. I'm interested in locating my car or parts of it. If you have any info, please call, email, PM or post to let me know."

What part of this don't you understand?

19. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Here is what I don't understand :rolleyes:, I call you up today and say I saw your parts at a swap meet, what happens next ? How does that information help you get them back ? You already know the guy who has them, so how is this NEW information any help ?

By the way, you will probably get more help if you get that chip attitude off of your shoulder.

Don

20. junkmonger

junkmonger

If you had bothered to read the previous posts on this thread, you would already know that I cannot comment on anything relating to the ongoing investigation. This is real simple. If you are interested in helping, let me know if you see the parts. If you are not interested, please move on.

21. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

22. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Ya really have to love a guy who comes on asking for help and then cops an attitude. :rolleyes: Have a nice day.

don

23. Agreed !

24. M224SPEED

M224SPEED
    from Missouri

The whole thing sounds like a "CLUSTER " to me,however I think we are missing a lot of the whole story,you claim you don't want to talk about certain things due to an ongoing investigation,well if the Police or Illinois Highway Patrol get wind of the information you leaked out then where will you stand ?

Good luck,and hope you get your stuff returned.

25. I have eyes in Fairmont City IL and we will keep a lookout for the car/parts. With that said, how can a car be considered "stolen" if you gave the car to someone else to work on it or whatever? How did you get the car to the repair guy in your condition? Did he get it from you/ Did friends get it to him? Why can't you contact this person and just figure this out? Is he a real shop or a guy with a garage behind a house? How did you hear about this repair guy? How do you know the car is being parted out? Do you owe him money? Did he work on it? Why would it get parted out? Before you comment....I HAVE READ THE OP. MANY TIMES. Something is weird about this. I will help any way I can. I just need the facts. I believe others here will help you. They just need the facts.

P.S. I know you may not have current possession of your car and you want to get it back, but if you want help don't be an ass to the members here. So many people here can something fishy from a mile away. It may help to listen to them. Please just have an open mind. This is just my opinion......

26. junkmonger

junkmonger

"I just need the facts." clean cut creations, Here are the facts: The car is gone, and the guy who claimed he was going to repair it has disappeared as well. That's all I can say. Please keep your eyes open for it. Thanks.

27. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

There you go, Bud, that is all we were trying to figure out. Now it makes sense. I realize you are pissed over this deal, but we are just trying to get a clear picture so we know what's what.

Hope you get it back.

Don

28. junkmonger

junkmonger

Thanks, man. I appreciate it. I have a lot of time and money wrapped up in it.

29. Thanks for the info. I'll keep my eyes peeled. If you want to PM me the guy's name and info I may be able to network on a local level. I know a lot of people in stl and east st louis metro area. Is guy a HAMB member? I hope you get the car back. Good luck.

30. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

did you have insurance on this ride?