Register now to get rid of these ads!

We Love Sedan Deliveries

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bill McGuire, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Hydrophobia Delivery

Hydrophobia Delivery

Slammed, you have quite the selection of the old killer race Deliveries. Are you originally from the East?? There are some Division One cars here.Please post more when you're bored!!!! These are awesome. Thanks

2. oldcarguygazok

oldcarguygazok
    from AUSTRALIA.

Cool pic's,i'm surprised there's no 567chevy nomads built as delivery's,i personally think they would look killer,thanks for sharing,Gaz!

3. slammed

slammed

Nice you appreciate the posts.
    Mainly snagged the pix from the 'net and here on HAMB town. Not just a armchair quarterback neither. This car was mine in 1984 Tulsa OK.[​IMG] It was stripped down and sitting under an Oak tree, put a mild 396/400 Turbo/posi and drove hard. Long gone. A wish it were here for sure.

droppedstepside likes this.
  4. slammed

slammed

[​IMG] This IS thee car in it's glory days. When I was driving it regularly, you'd run across an order fellow that remembered the car. It was a semi street racer too. One guy I recall worked at an AMMCO transmission store. He was a big, biker (real deal) type in his 40's that was really liking the fact a young long haired Yankee (23 yrs old) guy was driving it. He told some neat midnight drags stories. Then when it was time to go, his eyes got misty. You cherish those brief moments, because it was real, not contrived. PS I put it -BANZI- sideways out front and down the street for old times sake!

5. slammed

slammed

[​IMG] Car was moved to here but not before washing away a layer of black dirt/oak tree fall out. You could not see much of anything 'till the car wash scrubbing. It had some very cool pinstripe all around the 'Temptation' lettering. Like stars and planets and bursts done in black. Oh yes to have it back? Restored! Not tribute, not recreate. BBC 4 speed Pontiac/Olds Posi and BANZI them thar rear tar'z (southern style) mister!

6. essexrat

essexrat

Here's a pic of my 49 Pontiac SD...Canadian version....one of 255 built. She has a 4 inch chop. Obviously she's sporting an early Chevy front clip, but I just acquired the proper 49 Poncho sheet metal for her...Hope to have her together by spring.

Attached Files:

Model T1 likes this.
  7. I think I saw that movie.

8. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

hers a picture of mine

Attached Files:

9. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

Remember that car very well, I was going to school in Tulsa and helped a guy named Gene Carter with his Henry J. There was a group that traveled to all the local strips back when and Bill was one of them.

10. 24riverview

24riverview

And now for something completely different...
    Saw this yesterday in Byron, Il where I was buying another OT car I didn't need.
    Yeah, I know it probably started out as a wagon.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
    Dog_Patch and Model T1 like this.
  11. slammed

slammed

12. slammed

slammed

13. This vehicle generated some comment, following up....I have seen Studebaker factory photos in which the rear sail panels have a similar bolt-on appearance. Will see if I can find and post some images.

14. I kept looking at this car trying to figure out what was 'different' about it... then it hit me. This car has longer 2 door sedan doors... Delivery's had short Four-door front doors.. Genius.

rodbiz and droppedstepside like this.
  15. 1948 Ford - still looking for the passenger side - side molding - the long one. Might try to splice a couple of hood moldings together if one doesn't turn up
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013

16. Wow, good eye. So is the entire vehicle lengthened, or just the doors?

17. jazz1

jazz1

Looks to me like he moved the door jam so the vehicle length remains stock..odd opening up this page as I am on my way to Minnesota this am to pick up a '48 sedan delivery project vehicle. I like the longer doors!

18. hotrodgypsy

hotrodgypsy
    from reading,pa

DSCF2187.jpg

2004_05025048toolbox0017.jpg

2012_0508SEDANDELIVERY0002.jpg

2012_0707delivery0008.jpg

DSCF2114.jpg

DSCF2115.jpg

DSCF2113.jpg heres my 48 delivery with a 46 grill..been on the road reworked for about a year..originally buit in early 70's.....joined the GASKET GOONS car club and take it to many shows..car sat for at least 6 years on jack stands due to major heath problems...

Attached Files:

droppedstepside and Model T1 like this.
  19. Almost forgot I had these pics. Here's a 47 Ford I owned a few years back. It came from Missouri. Sold it on the bay to a guy in Utah who was going to dip the whole thing in molasses to get rid of the rust. :rolleyes: I never did hear how it turned out.

Attached Files:

Model T1 likes this.
  20. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Kinda like the bolt on rear fins the early hawk had. Studebaker new how to cut some corners.

21. Indeed. At the Jack Miller Ypsi Orphan show this year there were Studebakers lined up in a row 1953 to 1964. Amazing what they could do with annual facelifts.

22. jhtdon

jhtdon
    from Florida

Mine. 52 392 Windsor Canfield Heads, AC, Power Rack, Fatman Stub, AOD, Custom Interior, Sound, Duals, Serpentine, Ididit, and etc.

Cheers, Don

Attached Files:

23. Larry Pearsall

Larry Pearsall

I'm in Western Pennsylvania.. I have a 40 Ford Sedan Delivery , a 30 Delivery Clone , a 1960 and a 1965 Falcon Sedan delivery...I will never get these finished so these are up for new owners...I've had these for close to 20 years, but Agent Orange took the last 10 yrs, of building from me.. Contact me if your interested.

24. jazz1

jazz1

Got mine home yesterday,,,needs a bit of spit 'n polish

stopped at Carlton Mn
    [​IMG]

and into my garage
    [​IMG]

Model T1 likes this.
  25. slammed

slammed

26. The longer doors are from a two door sedan. The deliverys shared the same shorter front doors from a four-door sedan. As someone said, they just moved the jamb back to accomodate the longer doors.

27. This is so cool. Flames can be overdone, scallops can be overdone, but this is so Goldilocks...

(Getting harder and harder to find HAMB-friendly images, isn't it?)

28. Anyone know how many '42 Ford Super DeLuxe sedan deliveries were made?
    [​IMG]

Model T1 likes this.
  29. fordflambe

fordflambe

My 41' has been on the road for 15 years and it is always amazing how many people think these things were used just to haul dead bodies........mine was a Watkins Products delivery that ran the dirt roads of west central Arkansas.............

Attached Files:

30. fordflambe

fordflambe

42's are very rare...........only seen one in real life..........