Register now to get rid of these ads!

The 11the Annual ATLANTA $10,000 Drag Race & Car Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toby Denham, Aug 10, 2013.

1. It's lookin' good so far! There's a very low probability for rain. Nothing to worry about. It looks like it's goin' to be a nice Fall day!

2. jetboatmama

jetboatmama

3. jetboatmama

jetboatmama

The tickets are $30.00 for both Fri & Sat. Gates open at 4:00 pm on Fri for time trials. <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Tickets cost is $20.00 for Sat only. Gates open at 7:30 am. for Tech Inspection, 8 am to 2 pm. Time trials start at 9 am.<o:p></o:p>
    See http://atlanta10000.com/event-schedule/racing/ or http://atlanta10000.com/ under 2013 Event Schedule<o:p></o:p>

4. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

looks like the probability has been hovering in the 20-30% range for saturday.

Accuweather says 15% chance up to 2pm and back down to 15% after 4pm

5. jetboatmama

jetboatmama

[​IMG]

TURNING THE WRENCHES TO MAKE THE RACE

6. captmullette

captmullette

leaving Carrabelle fla. headed for the $10,000 Atlanta drag race and car show.......

7. Ah ... ferget the weather. It's goin' to be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Ok new trans is in and the test drive was good! See you Saturday!

9. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

Nice!

Rain has been downgraded back to 20%.

Watched the news this morning before work and the meteorologist said "highly unlikely North GA will see any rain tomorrow". Evidently it should all be south and east of commerce.

Sounds good to me! :D

10. Falconred

Falconred

My buddys and I will be there in the morning (sat). Thought about friday night but it didn't work out. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

11. Need to come and get my mini bike - I left it at the track

12. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

I've got your bike.

Give me a call in the morning.

13. Crook finished the lettering! We should be hanging around the race vehicle :

[​IMG]

14. Bitchin!

15. thunderplex

thunderplex

C'mon up weather is great but a tad cool. Just a slight on/off sprinkle.

Posted using the full custom, V8, 4-speed app, rolling down highway 41.

16. Thumper

Thumper

Here's a few pics...

Attached Files:

17. After a great turnout of racers and spectators, the event ended up rained out. It never really poured, just sprinkled every now and then just enough to wet the track.

THEREFORE, The event resumes tomorrow (Sunday) bright and early. If you couldn't make it today due to having to work or a family obligation, now is your chance to go. There are lots of ol' school Gassers on hand, as well as Nostalgia Super Stock. Also present are a good number of old style Funny Cars and Front Engine Dragsters.

So, head on out in the morning. The weather promises to be more favorable.

For the people who went today, remember that your ticket stub from today gets you back in for tomorrow.

18. Thumper

Thumper

I made it Sat. I had to leave early and couldn't go back Sunday, but while I was there I had a ball. This is for sure a must attend event !

19. Damn Thumper I was looking for a Wookie and didn't see you anywhere.

Great time Sunday! Perfect weather. The nitro cars were hair raising. Lots of good racing. Huge thanks to Julius and the team!
    http://youtu.be/16kbEXXp7OQ

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  20. I did not get to come on Sunday due to other plans. I hope everyone had a great time, i did sat. And met some great people. Toby good to meet you. Elaine, Julius and crew, you will always have my support. I will be posting soon about our swap meet starting feb 2014 monthly in Cartersville .

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

22. Falconred

Falconred

Best Drag Race I "Never Saw". I couldn't make it back for Sunday but I wouldn't take anything for the time I spent there Saturday! I spent most of the day with some great folks at "the tent". HAMB folks, Geezers and all the ATL 10,000 folks were enjoyable to be around. Thanks to Elaine for making me feel at home! Good to meet Toby and Thumper. Frank Brumby, Digger Don and and many more folks kept us all entertained with storys and rememberences.

I hung around the tent a good while after the show was called Saturday and then wondered up to Barry Camp's hauler and had a good BS session with Barry, Damon and several other folks. I stayed at the track until 6:30 or so and still hated to leave.

I'm ready for next year, hopefully this show will not be bumping heads with so many others. There was a show in Henderson, NC, a car show in Blairsville, a nastalga show in Meridian, MS and the CHRR in CA.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  23. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

Could only make it on saturday . . . sunday was way too busy for me. So didn't grab many pictures as it was lightly raining.

Super nice early styled FED:

[​IMG]

Didn't get to meet the guy and didn't get to hear it run :(

Haven't seen either of these gassers before (Don't get out much I guess :D )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seen this mustang online running at AMS . . . guess I'll have to continue to wait to see it in person.

[​IMG]

Considering the weather, there was still a good amount of people there. Someone else will have to chime in on the sunday showing.

Disappointed that literally within a minute of calling the race off the weather cleared and the sun was out by the time most everyone went home. Was hoping they would change the schedule to qualifying that afternoon and run eliminations the next day a la NHRA but it's an incredibly hard situation to be in for the Atlanta Speed Shop crew and the Track officials I am sure.

Since the sun was out, I started the dragster up and cruised the pits in it before packing it away for the rest of the year . . .

That's probably the one hang up I have with the date this year.

There was A LOT of other shows going on this weekend, even Petit Le Mans was happening about 15 miles down the road and there were several people I know there that would have otherwise come but were either working at the track/with a team or usually go to Petit every year.

I would also think the nitro car/cacklecar count could be higher not on CHRR weekend as well.

24. thunderplex

thunderplex

A few pics from the weekend.

Attached Files:

25. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

26. Mac30

Mac30
    1. S.F.C.C.

Snapped a few pics with my phone
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1382373621.920251.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1382373646.621599.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. Thumper

Thumper

You don't see the likeness..?? That's me in the orange shirt.. I did meet Falconred and Fred Simmons. It was fun.

Attached Files:

28. thunderplex

thunderplex

...more pics. The yellow Corvair had a 215 cu. In. Buick V8.

Attached Files:

29. jetboatmama

jetboatmama

[​IMG]

Sunday was a great day of racing