Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone have a problem with me doing this?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Oct 17, 2013.

1. If you look at the 'traffic' on the three 'car' forums, the 'styled' one has nearly the same amount of traffic as both the 'traditional' forums combined. Maybe it would make more sense to combine the two 'trad' forums (rods and customs), then you'll have all the cars covered, with the main forum as the catch-all for everything else.

2. fsae0607

fsae0607

Works for me!

3. Timberbeast

Timberbeast

It makes sense to make it HAMB, trad rods, trad customs. Keep up the good work.

4. duke460

duke460
    from Wisconsin

I am in full support.
    This site is the best, all your efforts to improve it are appreciated.

5. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Sounds good. Apply the KISS principle.

6. gold03

gold03

Originally Posted by ryno
    i miss the old format.

1 reason being, i could just search my name, and it would bring up any thread that i was mentioned or quoted in, now theres no way, that i know of , to do so.
    i often find myself more frustrated, then before surfing all the separate forums.

jezz, i just read that, hope you don't think im begin a winy bitch, but you did ask...
    ill always have your back.
    I use the advanced search,,make sure you have your username as Find post by user and not Find threads started by users. HRP

That's some funny s#%t

7. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

Three forums are better than five....I think its good to have the two specific forums to segregate the traditional stuff....I think this streamline is an improvement.....

8. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Make that 282 other Alliance members....

9. I like the sound of that. I miss being able to see everything in one place.

10. Ryan,
    Thanks for simplifying...

Keep up the good work!

11. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

The simplification soind

12. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

Why can't everything be focused on really traditional stuff, like the original mission of the old HAMB ??? It would be easier to just look at.

I know it would upset some people, but why not just start throwing out all the junk that's not focused on "the gospel....." ???

my .02

13. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

For a guy like you, it shouldn't matter what happens outside the Period forum. Just stick in there and you don't have to worry about it.

15. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

Sounds great because you'll save yourself lots of time moving threads. I think us guys who've been on awhile got confused as to where to post our thread. I did however finally figure out the traditionally "styled" hot rod thing (which I think most cars are nowadays) and the "Happenings" section is pretty easy to figure out.

16. I think a forum for just build threads, with forced thread titles or classification, like Traditional hot rod. Traditional custom. Traditionally styled and then "the hamb" for questions and everything else.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

17. Muttley

Muttley

18. Ive actually come to like the new format a lot. Four areas is hardly a traffic jam. Its practically nothing when it comes to most automotive boards. Plus with the general area where you can view it all as a lump, you've catered to every one (even though there are still a bunch of knuckleheads that haven't figured that out ... and I say knuckleheads in a kind way, like you think of the kid next door that's cool, but just a little bit slow :D )

Whatever you do though works for me. Simpler than the simple you have now cant be bad thing.

19. Yes, great idea. In my opinion it was too complicated and my HAMBing activities dropped off a lot. Do it Man! -H.R.D.-

20. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

I like the current way = the way with more forums. Is there a way not to have to move the threads etc? Just when you search it searches everything? all good, but I like the idea of having the original style thread, and then the breakdown so some topics stay up a little longer in their pertinent thread longer.

21. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ditto.

22. 28-31

28-31

The new idea works for me.

23. The current format works for me but if you change it I'll just go-with-the-flow, I'm good with it.

24. I'm with this guy, either way is good with me, I still read it all.

25. Quote:
    Originally Posted by metal man
    I just use the HAMB grab bag forum anyway, and quickly glance over everything, just like I've been doing for the last 8 years.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by need louvers ?
    You and me both! I do the same
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chainsaw
    I'm with both of you.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hendo0601
    I usually just go to the general discussion area as it has all new posts from all the categories.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hotrodladycrusr
    Exactly how I feel as well
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by primeisnotacrime
    Me too
    Ditto.

Do you guys notice a lack of traffic, responds and posts since the change?
    Maybe It's just me but I do. I bet there's a way to determine this.

Supposedly viewing is the same, however the show is different.

26. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I didn't like that I couldn't do a search on the new main board. I had to figure out which board to search in. I also wasn't sure which forum to start a new post in...it was kinda confusing... I like the old original hamb...please bring it back and give the rods and custom guys their own traditional dedicated forum.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  27. Those extra forums are like bumpers and fenders, you know what to do.

28. Hellfish

Hellfish

Keep everything together. I'm interested in hot rods, customs, events, and art and I don't want to have to search 4 different forums to find threads I want to read.

29. jambottle

jambottle

How about a new posts section like on the main board.

30. x2....