Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Big bottom girl or The big ugly It's finished

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jaco, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Two words.....the shi*.....very cool car and unusual.

2. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

Looks alot like Mr. C's car:confused: The "Fonz would say Aaaaaayyyy!

Attached Files:

3. sigfurniture

sigfurniture

I like the trim, and just an idea as its already massively long instead of trying to hide that, then be proud of it and flaunt it, A roof chop would make it longer still, and maybe unite the roof lines with the bonnet better., so i´d try that?

4. schwerko

schwerko
    from bristol ct

Call it the "Towering Infer-nose". That thing has plenty of potential, good luck with it!

5. 1oldracer

1oldracer

Your friends are right, it is so ugly at for the right price I will take it off your hands!!!!!!

6. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

You never saw Linda Vaughn ??

7. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

I really like the long front end. I vote to go with it........twin hemis in tandem!

8. RamJet1

RamJet1

I'd say put the largest diameter steel wheels on it that you can, possibly radiusing the rear wheel openings. Put the fastback roof from a '49-'52 Fleetline, or larger GM fastback of the era, and do something crazy under the hood. There's plenty of room for it. Maybe a new Mopar V-10, but made to look retro, and carbureted!

9. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

NO,NO,NO, don't listen to the people that don't like your ride. It is one cool cruiser!! The wheels on the pass side are ass kicking!! Don't mess with the trim give it a nice paint job and AC and drive the wheels off it. This is what hot rodding is all about, being different and dude you are it!!

10. BobsF85

BobsF85
    from VA

As a teen I once dated a preachers daughter. He owned a red 68 Bonneville convertible that was a sweet ride and I really liked. I remember one time we were talking and he asked me if I could have a choice between a classic car and a girl, which would I choose. I told him it would really depend on what shape the body was in.

I think this old girl has the body of Betty Boop. A lot out front and not much behind. The grille reminds me of Marilyn Monroe. She had that annoying but yet interesting mole on her face, you couldn't help but stare at it and on most girls it would have been ugly. with her they called it a beauty mark.

One approach is keep it stock and accentuate those odd features to make them stand out. I can hang with this.

Another approach would be some radical modifications to give it a style of its own and "balance" it out. Trim the grill, lose the side moldings and trim, extend the rear fenders forward to balance the front and add in some skirts to make a taildragger. Make it long low and sleek. The low profile tires and wide chrome wheels would work with this and likely improve braking and cornering for daily driving.

A third approach would be more in the true hot rod vein. Put a narrowed rear end in it and tub it. Radius the rear wheel wells and put some massive slicks in the back on brushed aluminum centerlines. Medium size tires on the front like some 205/65/15 on aluminum centerline 8X15 rims. Paint it flat black. Add a custom windshield visor, paint some long flames on that hood and put a classic hemi in it or a modern V10.

no matter how you look at her, she's not an ugly girl, she's different looking in a very seductive way. The type that catches your attention and then embarrasses you by saying "what are you looking at big boy"? At which point you know you've been had.

11. 54Buick48D

54Buick48D
    from Maryland

It exudes different, odd, awesome and cool all at the same time. Yep, paint her flat black. Larger rubber on the rims. Drive it low and slow. Many will do the double take seeing her rolling down the road.

12. You need to paint that boat a DARK color and keep the trim. Dark colors make large things look smaller. Drive through an older neighborhood and pay attention to house colors. 2 houses the same design will look VERY different in size depending on color.
    If it were mine to color, dark burgandy, an inky blue/black or a very dark green with a white interior. Chrome wire wheels.

13. Roomy cruiser.

14. 41 C28

41 C28

I personally love this vintage of old Mopars. keep the original grill and front trim. Looks like the front bumper has been tucked back to the body(good).
    Don't think the bumper tips should extend into the wheel openings. Keep it slammed and a conservative color, a good air conditioning system and build a cool comfortable cruiser. IMP.

15. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

This car has some great possibilities and there definitely are not a lot of these on the road. Maybe I can whip up something in Photoshop.

16. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  17. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In 1960 that wouldn't have been a cool car (at least in my limited young at the time vision) but now, after years of learning I think it is OK. Tex Smith had a Chrysler that was similar with a warmed up later six cylinder if I remember right that seemed OK. Tex Smith, for the younger viewers. wrote in Hot Rod, I believe started Rod Action Magazine in the 70's and did a bunch of other stuff. I think a previous posters idea of a V-10 made sense, I thought the hood was long enough for a couple of Hemi's but made a V-10 is a smarter move. Besides, how can you have fun in a back seat if you don't have one? I am old but my memory isn't totally shot.

18. lakeroadster

lakeroadster
    from *

19. solos10

solos10
    from so.cal

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

20. I'll agree that the stock grill really makes this car. Drop it down level, a set of skirts in the rear and full wheel covers with blackwalls in the front, and paint it a really dark color. It needs a bit of help in the back; extend the fenders so they follow the curve better. And I'll go off the reservation a bit and suggest a headlight change. Now, this isn't HAMB-friendly, but a set of the small vertical square lights as used on late GM trucks would look super installed between the trim next to the grill with the stock lights removed and the fenders reshaped. That would make the grill even wider and lend a '40s futuristic' look to the car. I could see this as being Bruce Wayne's (Batman) 'everyday' car back n the day....

21. vintage tin

vintage tin

Maybe long and low is the way to go???
    [​IMG]

22. Real quick and dirty, but here´s an idea for you, if you want to get involved in a lot fo work!

[​IMG]

23. vintage tin

vintage tin

I think "a lot of work" is what that car needs.
    Very Nice photoshop rendering.

24. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

James D it looks like we think kinda alike. I thought this car might look cool as a sedan delivery. Sure its a lot of work, but who else has one?
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG][​IMG]

25. hoodprop

hoodprop

I would drive it. Baby moons and bright white paint maybe silver. It is different and different is good. your friends have no vision.

26. TJratz

TJratz

Agreed! You take at least a foot out of it and it would still be long. lol

27. 63comet

63comet

I really dig the car. I think for styling cues I'd be looking more to the pages of Lowrider than hot rod magazines.

To say what's been said again.... Mostly stock appearance, keep the chrome, dark paint, etc... Low and level or dragging ass....

It would be lots of fun with an OT Mopar V-10 hiding under the hood. Just don't post pics of that. :)

28. bgaro

bgaro

maybe an s10 swap.................i mean the body.

29. lakeroadster

lakeroadster
    from *

[​IMG]

The Chevy ralley's still look the best thus far, IMO. Anybody else agree or am I just nuts?

30. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

You're not nuts (at least not because of this), I dig 'em too.

I'd lose those trim piece on the front fender though.

I'm 50/50 on cutting the front bumper back to the wheel arch.

If the chrome on it is good, I'd leave it alone.

Definitely like the nose down stance though, that's a keeper.