Register now to get rid of these ads!

Alternator bracket

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by prpmmp, Oct 14, 2013.

1. prpmmp

prpmmp

Help! Is a aluminum alternator bracket strong enough to use on a ford flathead? I know a alternator does not belong on a flathead! I,m frustrated trying to get the generator to work and I have a alternator and bought a bracket(aluminum)was not paying attention to the material. I just want to drive before the bad weather sets in(have not drove since I put the flathead in at the beginning of summer) One problem after another!! I will get the generator to work but need a break just to drive it a little!! Thanks Pete

2. Willy301

Willy301

March Performance makes Billet aluminum brackets for the flathead, I doubt they would build them if they didn't hold up. I would make sure it is billet if you intend on using one, other companies make them too I am sure, but some of the cheaper ones may not have any strength.

3. I don't know what your bracket looks like.............I'll guess the bracket will last at least til your bad weather comes, and then you can go back to the generator setup during the Winter

4. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Yes, the aluminum bracket IS strong enough. Been using one since 1999. It's hard to see in the photo, but it is there. This one has been cut and welded to make it sit lower. Click on picture to enlarge.

Attached Files:

5. prpmmp

prpmmp

Thanks for the replies!! Installing today,waiting for fan parts from VanPelts, hope to be driving by weekend!! Pete