Register now to get rid of these ads!

Seat for a 40 tudor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by klawockvet, Oct 12, 2013.

1. klawockvet

klawockvet
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm looking for a front seat for a 40 Tudor. Will anything besides a 39 or 40 work and look right?

2. Dak Rat

Dak Rat
    from NoDak

If your going for the traditional look, its tough to find a split bench seat that fits and looks good in these cars. I would try to find someone who is parting out a 39 or 40 car and buy the seat even if you just get the springs and frame work. Oh, and these old seats weigh a ton if they still have the cloth and padding on them so freight would be high if shipping is involved. Good luck.

3. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

37 or 38 should probably work too.

4. sqhd

sqhd

One other option to keep in mind, a rear seat from a mini van. They usually fit perfect.

5. He needs a split-back seat for a tudor. If choosing a van seat, likely need to be the middle one.

(I have a nice one for a fordor that will not help you and recently sold the 40 tudor seat)

6. I too need a seat for a '39 tudor........I haven't found anything that fits AND looks right.
    Good luck with the search.

7. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Is the seat back split for access??

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  8. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

You're pretty much stuck with finding an original seat from a 37-40 Tudor or 39-40 split-back Coupe seat used in the Coupes with jump seats. I once had a perfect split-back Coupe seat and couldn't get $150 for it at any swap meet so I gave it to another vendor so he could try for 3 years or more like I did.

9. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

need a 37 to 40 split back seat for it to look right-a glide can be made to look semi correct and then add the rear footrests but an orig is much better-orig split back seats are getting very hard to find around here- sedans have a footrest on the rear of the seat-coupes don't. I have a set of footrests if any one needs them

10. fatkoop

fatkoop

I had to buy a complete rusted-out hulk of a '40 2 dr. just to get the front seat for my coupe. After a lot of rust repair and hours fixing the sliders, it works really well. Sold what was left of the 2 dr. and basiclly got the seat free. Could never find any other seat that I like as well.