Register now to get rid of these ads!

what I got at Hershey..besides wet..help ID

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Clark, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Clark

Clark

Here's just some of my scores...couple of cool gauges, some cool taillights,all of the sealtight plug wire ends I could find....and my favorite the little turn signal switch..I also got a cool boat wheel, an unknown grill, some 34 latches and a pile of headlights.

The signal switch is just too cool....I even feel bad about haggling on the price now. The story behind the switch is that it came from the Trico factory museum and it was a prototype. It's a self canceling switch.....it's on a timer....you push on it and it clicks back to off......the seller turned out to be a hamber

The last picture is of a thermostat....that I guess is for a heater....any help on this would be great.....it was wrapped in a 1947 Chicago newspaper
    Clark

Attached Files:

2. F&J

F&J

I have not had a thermostat exactly like that one, but many late 20s early 30s had similar ones to send hot water to the aftermarket underdash heaters. Those cars ran cold on shorter trips like they did, and many radiators had shutters to also get the temps up.

That Trico piece from Museum, I thought the late Dave Ficken bought that entire place out? His son runs the wiper business now

i like pics from hershey finds,:cool: as i don't go anymore

3. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Those plug wire ends are cool! Fedcospeed has some on his roadster.

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

5. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Love the Isky valve spring box!

6. guffey

guffey

DSC07953.JPG

This was in the red field and followed me home along with a couple Harry Miller carburetors.

7. Clark

Clark

We used those wire ends on the green 32...

I got two of the filto regs...nos

8. Clark

Clark

The guy behind us had some cool carts....including a six Wheeler

9. towithome

towithome
    from oregun

Nice score! looks to be a modified Moss Cart, pretty rare stuff. Most of the frame looks original except the rear crossbar, possibly elongated between the seat and rear axle. Seat looks amazingly correct, I like it!
    If you choose to restore this give me a pm.

10. Nice scores, Clark. Always enjoy checking out your builds to see where all of this cool stuff winds up.:).....There was a nice '32 Chevrolet hood at Carlisle that made me think of you.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  11. 74bowtie

74bowtie

I got a few deals at Hershey got there on Friday morning, I also got soaked but to top it off I got stuck in the mud in the parking area and had to get pulled out by one of the tractors. Made it out safe and will be going back next year.

12. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You got that Isky box from our space in the Chocolate field, right? I'm sure I watched you buy it, then I told my buddy if I'd seen it would have gone home with me...just for the box.

13. noboD

noboD

THAT is the spirit!! Not trying to screwup Clark's discussion here, but the sissys on AACA called last week a washout.

14. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Clark,
    Any idea what the taillights are from?

15. The37Kid

The37Kid

Great scores Clark, sorry our paths didn't cross this year, 2014 will be sunny and allow more chat time. Only keeper I got this year was an aftermarket Race Car oil pump for a Model T Ford engine. I can only daydream about what the rest of the engin looked like. Bob

Attached Files:

16. Clark

Clark

Bob...yea I missed you....the one time I swung by you were not there...I figured I'd be back but the rain kept me at our spot.

Ranoverbyabus....They are probably a truck clearance light but will make great taillights

Nobuddy....I was surprised how well we did buying on Thursday in the rain ....then was really surprised by all we sold on Friday....sold all of our big ticket stuff Friday...including a car!....

Highlander....I was hoping the springs were good but they were just stockers....I got a few things from you guys.

Guffey...I don't think the carts sold.
    Clark

17. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

Thermostat is for a Audi or BMW 70s era I do believe,sold import car parts back then looks familiar.

18. Clark

Clark

Maybe they had something like it in the seventies ...these are old....marked for alcohol ....early antifreeze was alcohol...I think
    Clark

19. F&J

F&J

Yes, it was.