Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who going to Hershey this year?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KStewart, Oct 3, 2013.

1. joeybsyc

joeybsyc
    from PA

How much to park?

2. 270283

Twelve bucks in the huge lot across the street.

3. Great Week! :)Rain today :mad:(mostly in the afternoon) still managed to find some great stuff.:cool: One more day before heading home.:(

4. 5window

5window

It's a lot to park, but it's close by and admission is free so you really can't beat it.

5. 50shoe

50shoe

Poured today, but found some great stuff. Vendors were dealing! Also nothing like seeing $175-250k cars getting rained on in the car corral!

6. mink

mink
    from CT

Debating weither to do the other half or not. Its pissing rain.

7. If you went - you already know

Sprinkled on and off Thursday 6:00 A.M. till about 1:30 or so.

Rained like 10 MoFos from there on out.

Didnt find shit that I wanted.Bought what I needed.

Will be back next year to wear out some more shoes :D

Oldmics

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  8. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Just got back from my first time at Hershey. My friend and I got there about noon on Wed, hit it hard til about 5pm and went back early Thurs and walked our asses off til about 2:30 when the rain hit. I thought Carlisle was big until I saw Hershey! I am hooked! Since I just retired and will have lots more car time from now on it will be Spring Carlisle and Fall Hershey. Anybody that has never been to the these events is missing out so if you can make it I highly recommend checking them out.

9. Got home late this afternoon. Rained all last night and was pouring this morning. Got a bit of a break with just enough time to pack up before it started pouring again. Drove over to Honest Charley's and spent some more money under their tent before pulling out. Drove out of the rain about 60 miles from Hershey. I did not take many pictures (too busy hunting) but here are a few. Oh and it was Great!:cool: First 2 photos of our group and HAMB sign board.

Attached Files:

10. A few more while it was still dry:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

11. Loved this Chevy!

Attached Files:

12. rockabillyred36

rockabillyred36
    from ohio

Found some great deals on Thursday then drove down to the endless summer cruise in ocean city...just might have to go back to Hershey. ..the rain has scared away most of the show here

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. loranzo46

loranzo46
    from pa

I was there today soaked found a few deals but vendors were hiding everything covered but was load of fun

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. ralphie9n

ralphie9n
    from new jersey

Couldn't find any deals yesterday afternoon when I came into town but today worked out great. Found a vendor packing up that wanted to unload 28/29 roadster parts for real great prices just to get some cash for the trip home. I scored a real nice model a deck lid and roadster dash panel amongst other roadster parts from him. My buddy also found all the parts he came for to finish his 31 coupe for ridiculously low prices. It was the worse weather for the Hershey's I have been to but I got the best deals by far this year then in years past.

15. joeybsyc

joeybsyc
    from PA

Poured today, didn't find anything but a lot of rusty old bent up junk laying out in the rain. Gotta get there on Wednesday or Thursday next year and pray for better weather, because today definitely sucked. Glad I did Carlisle last week.

16. nh-gasgas

nh-gasgas

I got a report that today (Saturday) was a waste, many vendors had packed and left. The ones remaining where not friendly…

17. 5window

5window

Hershey is weird in many ways. The activities end Saturday because of Hershey's antiquated Blue Laws. And, you can almost always count on rain. Saturday is the judged car program and while attendance is great, most vendors have quit. We found a few, and there are always a few freebies of interest in the junk piles, but vendors, who pay for the full show, usually pack it in early Saturday. True be told, it's a Wed-Fri show.

Bottom line-AACA is an aging group and may voice homage to changing the demograhics and surviving, but most of the members are old enough-or rich enough-not to be working and don't mind a mid week show.

Stiil, the greatest show on Earth.

18. joeybsyc

joeybsyc
    from PA

I liked Fall Carlisle a lot better...

19. unearthly57

unearthly57

did anyone go to the car show in the mud saturday. i left friday mid day due to the water issue.

20. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

Sorry, no mud on Saturday. The old golf course fairway drains like a sieve. We took in the show while a buddy watched our swap meet space. We were open for business from 8am until 2pm and made several sales. Rain is a fact of life- without it we'd all be dust. When it comes to swap meets you have to adapt to the weather-or go home and complain.

21. unearthly57

unearthly57

i was debating for quite some time on what i was going to do. but once i ran out of dry clothes and one or two visitors to look at my parts collecting water, i decided to pack up and come back next year for another round.

22. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

I wish more vendors had your attitude. I was there wednesday and thursday and half the swap meet was covered with blue tarps, even when it WASNT raining! Overcast and nothing was visible for sale. Guess most of the vendors go there to hang out in their RVs.

23. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Not on Wednesday, they weren't.