Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects New "Hot Rod Ranch" 55 Chevy Gasser build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Panneton Bros. Racing, May 3, 2012.

1. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks great. I'm with you on the blue roof and scoop. The blue windows will really set it off.

2. 33hotrod

33hotrod

Blue roof, and windows would really look killer!

3. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

No problem with the axle housing bending with the ladder bars so close together? Lot of "tune" is lost with them the less the spacing..Pic post #87

4. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not a problem after 5 years of abuse. The bar mts are actually welded to the HD 9 inch center section, and with the bar mounts being capped, that let me weld them 360 degrees around the housing. The axle tubes are new 3 inch DOM tubing. I built this car as a “driver” and it see’s very little track time for the simple fact that I don’t want to break it.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  5. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Very cool car. I like the color combo. It might have been a little more successful truer to the sizing and placement as the Badman car was originally done, but I can't wait to see it with the blue trim pieces.

Since you asked, I think I'd leave the roof silver and let the scoop and windows "pop" on their own.

Subscribed and looking forward to more pics!

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1381286641.770762.jpg

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  6. Thanks for your opinion Redline, that's how the owner originally envisioned it, and he's leaning that way. He will see the car in person this weekend at The Round Up, and make his final decision from there. He has been through your Fotki album a bunch, and he concedes that the " "BadMan" stripe has been done before, but always liked it, and always wanted one bright silver with some candy blue thrown in.

7. Under coating, sound deadening, and zolotone, Check. (this one is a driver, so a few creature comforts). photo.jpg

8. Frame is "black in action" photo.jpg

9. drivewaycustoms

drivewaycustoms
    from waldorf,MD

Nice!

Sent from my VS840 4G using H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. dblgun

dblgun

That car is looking tougher all the time!

11. Chassis coming together. Peter, the customer, hasn't decided on painting, or chroming the axle and ladder bars. We are also gonna re-make the ladder bars a bit more stout (bigger heims & a few more diagonals). The Muro's are trying to make it a nice roller for the "Round Up" this weekend.

Attached Files:

12. Cool build. Subsribed

13. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

It's gonna be sweet!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. novabbc

novabbc

Looking great! Has the Hot Rod Ranch started making the sub frames? Thanks!

15. dblgun

dblgun

Ric, what was used for the white on the headers?

16. Not quite yet, still sorting the steering part, but stay tuned.

17. Just used some VHT, so it looks good for the show. I'm gonna send mine to Swain Tech.

18. novabbc

novabbc

19. Butch M

Butch M

20. Butch M

Butch M

lookin good Ric

21. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Big difference from when it entered the shop. You guys have done a great job, to say the least. Looks great.
    [​IMG]

22. Pretty funny thing. This car was in Hot Rod Magazine at its very lowest point of existance. We lovingly refer to it as "The Rotisserie Car" now. Snakes 55.jpg

23. This thing will be quite a ride too.., remember that innocent looking small block made 636HP @ 6600, and 580 lb ft. @5100 on unleaded 91 octane, so she aint a "weak suck" for sure. Sometime in the not so distant future, she'll get a 5 spd.

24. Peter the owner/customer gets his first in person with some color on her. IMG_20131011_152158.jpg

IMG_20131010_210615.jpg