Register now to get rid of these ads!

Haunted cars ......from the grave to life.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Midnight 50, Oct 3, 2009.

1. 55Hydramatic

55Hydramatic

2. Isnt it time for this one to come back from the dead?

3. Deuces

Deuces

Cool....
    Just in time for holloween....

4. 1963phil

1963phil

Would love to hear some more stories

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. wombat barf

wombat barf
    from oklahoma

In high school I worked for an old WW2 vet/drag racer/salvage owner who had been a little "off" after he nearly died in a horrific accident at the junction of 17 and 81 highways in Rush Springs, OK in 1979.

Anyway, November 1, 1984, this elderly gentleman in an early '60s Falcon pulls up, calls the yard owner by name and says he needs taillight lenses to replace the ones the kids stole out of his car the night before, i.e., Halloween.

My boss stops what he was doing, walks a 1/4 mile into the salvage through wet, dewy grass, pulls a pair of lenses out of a similar Falcon sedan, brings them back and tells the old man, "Atta be $5 for the pair".

The old dude said, "Well, that seems a little high to me......" at which point the shop owner, who essentially had lobotomy performed by asphalt five years prior, puts the lens on the workbench, picks up a ball peen hammer, violently smashes them into sparkley little red bits, brushes the bits onto the oil-soaked concrete and yells, "By God, they're a f*ckin' bargain now, ya ignorant sumbitch! Get the f*ck outta my shop before I do the same G/D thing to your skull!".

Maybe not the traditional automotive ghost story but at age fourteen it scared the hell outta me.

Cooon, Spooky and czuch like this.
  6. Miguello

Miguello

I once had a 1975 Impala that tried to kill me twice, though the second time involved someone else. The first time it had a tendency to overheat, even on a short drive. I was on my way to work, about 7:15 in the morning. The gauge started to climb as usual and I was worried it would overheat before I got to work. I kept looking down at the gauge and back up to the road. I looked down once more, and when I looked up there was a mailbox in front of the car that looked 10 feet wide. Once the smoke cleared, I had jumped two driveways, and taken out a small bridge across the ditch. Put a hole in the gas tank, dented the oil pan enough that it had to be removed to straighten the oil pickup. Apparently I had hit the gas instead of the brake, oops. First and only time that has ever happened to me?

Second incident, same car...

The second time I was driving down the road minding my own business, when another Impala approached an intersection, and lost it's brakes. It hit my right rear 1/4 panel, and the back of my car launched over his bumper and raked his entire header panel off. That was only the beginning. I was spun sideways, and I managed to somehow thread the car between two telephone poles about 25 feet apart, and stop the car in a gravel parking lot before hitting a diner full of people. Somebody was watching for everyone involved. About a year later the engine was pulled out of the Impala, and put in my Dad's 79 Chevy pickup. The Impala body was junked, so I imagine it never had a chance to try and hurt someone else. Call it bad luck, but both of these incidents were in less than six months.

Needless to say, there are NO Impalas on my list of future vehicles.

7. 41super

41super

In 1996 I inherited a 1956 Ford F-100 from my Dad. It is a very nice truck that's been in the family since '77, just needed some cosmetic touch-ups. The door mirrors were funky square things that looked like they attached to flattened pipe. I decide it needs a nice pair of factory style mirrors and order up a pair. When the UPS guy delivers the boxes the wife grabs them off the porch and feels something odd stuck on the bottom. She turns the box over and finds a hat/lapel pin stuck to the box, it's heart shaped and says "I (heart) Wayne". My Dads name was Wayne. Took it as a sign of approval.

Spooky likes this.
  8. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

When I was 15 my dad bought a 1961 Chevy fleetside short bed truck off one of his employees at his speedometer shop for $600 bucks and gave it to me for my birthday. It had a 283 that had the dog run out of it with 411 gears, it was still damn fast. The summer of my junior year he cosigned a $2500 loan for me so I could get it painted and the interior done so I could roll up my first day as a senior with one bad ass finished truck. Had a great year my last year of school and a lot of memories because of that truck. I paid off the loan two years later and sold the 61 to buy a 72 Camaro but always regreated it. Fast forward 15 years later 1999 I found a 62 GMC short bed fleetside and I couldn't resist I bought it. Went to the DMV to get the collector license plates, paid the fee grabbed the plates and headed home to put them on. Took them out of the envelope and just stared unbelieving. The plate number was 15T89.... my pops was born in 1915 he died in 1989. I knew he was looking down on me. Here's to my dad Elwood Buster 1915 to 1989 love you dad.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
    Spooky likes this.
  9. Hey e56 take that as a good sign n have a nice day!

10. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks man, there are definitley strange (unexplainable) things that happen that can't just be random happenstance.

11. 55Hydramatic

55Hydramatic

If I had or could come up with a good story I'd post it. But I don't, so lets hear some more!!

12. Cant believe this close to Halloween n this is gunna die so soon!

Spooky likes this.
  13. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

About thirty five years ago I was working second shift when I got home at 12:30 am a snow storm that had started earlier had already dumped about six inchs and they projected a foot or more..My tractor with the snowblower was out in the barn with a bad ignition, something wrong in the mag..I had some of the parts to convert to points and coil so I decided to do it now at 1:00 am..No electricity in the barn, had an old kerosene lantern and a flash light...I trudged out there an lit the lantern for general light [and not much at that] and used the flashlight for really dark areas...I don't think I have ever been with such a peaceful feeling...The wind I could hear howling outside but inside it was quiet but it was also spooky..Felt like there were eyes watching me work, all ways behind me but some looking over my shoulder to see what I was doing..At first I was uneasy and kept turning around to look and of course there was nobody there so I figured that it must be spirits of those long deceased that inhabited the barn in one way or another; Horses, dogs, cats, mices a cow or two and I just realised that one pair of eyes could have been my father's..

Spooky likes this.
  14. Kinda like when your at the urinal! Damn gazers! lol

15. 55Hydramatic

55Hydramatic

16. Cmon theres gotta be more spooky car stories out there?

Spooky likes this.
  17. The truck in my avitar has an evil soul, even the tags expire on Oct 31st. Once getting off the hwy to go to the Turlock swap meet sitting at a red light, the gas pedal dropped to the floor and tires lit up gojng thru a red light with cars going other direction at same time. There's more stories on this truck, some incidents I would rather forget happened.
    Dave

Spooky likes this.
  18. Here's a story from my misspent youth.
    My best friends Dad died in the early 70's, his car was a yellow 64 Falcon wagon. After his passing, the car sat for years undriven.
    In those days ( by then the late 70's) we hitch hiked a lot. One REALLY foggy night about 2 AM we had walked for miles without a single car passing us. We heard a car approaching, other wise complete silence, it was still quite a ways away.Eventually we could see headlights poking into the fog, the car was approaching slooooowly. We were at rapt attention, hoping for a ride.
    There it was at last....an identical Falcon wagon down to the last detail driven by a middle aged man, no passengers. The guy had a shock of jet black hair, just like Rick's Dad did, we couldn't make out any features in the dark. The driver slowly waved, disappearing into the foggy night.
    When we got to Rick's house we immediately checked the shed, the Falcon was still there, covered with dew. We half expected it to be warm. It totally freaked us out!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
    Spooky likes this.
  19. My story is kinda long winded..but here it goes. Everything stated here is the God's honest truth!

On my mother's side of the family there are 6 uncle's, my mom and my aunt. One of my uncle's, uncle Bob was a true died in the wool hot rodder. He had many cars I remember throughout my childhood, my of them modified screamers and of course he did all of the work himself some of them being a '63 SS impala 409 4 spd, and a '69 SS chevelle 396.

Uncle Bob was a Vietnam war veteran and an agent orange survivor which later caused a lot of health problems including type 1 diabetes which he refused to acknowledge treatment with insulin. He was a major drinker also which didn't help with his health problems. Over time his body was being ravaged by mistreatment and while driving home one night while driving home from work in his '69 chevelle he had a massive heart attack and died while driving. The car spun off the road, hit a power pole and landed in a ditch and stayed there for over 24 hrs until a passerby found him.

After the funeral service, all of my uncle's and relatives congregated out at the "garage". The garage was a converted airport hangar from the 50's that was converted to operate and service my uncles' fleet of refuse hauling vehicles, it was also the same place where uncle Bob did all of his building and restoration's on all of his vehicles, since there was space and tools he needed there.

As the family started trickling in to the office part of the business, All of a sudden there was a noise, no one knew where it was coming from at first but it wouldn't stop, it was intermittent at first but then it would go a little longer each time. Everyone scattered to find out where the noise was coming from and one of my other uncle's found a truck horn going off like someone was layin on the horn and he couldn't get it to shut off pretty soon everyone was trying to shut it off cuz it was blaring loudly and driving everyone nuts! We checked for a battery to disconnect.....no battery....checked for a horn fuse to pull....no horn fuse? WTF!?.. it finally stopped after everyone was standing around the truck, turns out that the truck was uncle Bob's daily driver!!

20. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I had an experience two years ago while working on my Model A Coupe...

[​IMG]

"My Coupe came with fairly nice quarters to replace the cut off ones on the car. Upon closer inspection they’re not as nice I had originally thought, but they’ll work out fine.

The new quarter panels weren’t going to jump on the car all by itself, so Friday night I started by snapping the old mounting bolts off. They were rusty and weren’t coming off any other way.

I got a creepy feeling in the garage right after snapping the first bolt, a feeling that flooded over me like I’d been hit with a bucket of water and permeated the garage with a “What are you doing, I don’t know if I like what you’re doing” vibe.

After I got about halfway through one side it kind of disappeared. I’m thinking whatever it was realized that what I was doing was a good thing. Or maybe I’m just crazy."

[​IMG]

Spooky likes this.
  21. onetrickpony

onetrickpony
    from Texas

How about a story with a fake ghost?

My senior year of HS in 72-73, I blew the motor in my just-barely off topic '65 Mustang. Dad helped me find a cheap driver to get by while I scraped up the money to fix the Mustang. He found a little old lady selling a '55 Buick Special 4dr for $35 so I jumped on it. The car was low mileage, one owner and was loaded to the gills. Dual AC and heat (both worked) and the radio with the seek feature that Chevy called a Wonder Bar (I forget what Buick called it). That was the one with the button on the floor next to the dimmer that you could tap and the radio would seek to the next station. I know it's common now but it was almost unheard of back then.

That old car also had the starter button under the gas pedal so you had to turn the key on then punch the gas to turn the engine over. Those two features scared the living daylights out of several young ladies that year. We would be going down the road to the drive in or some place and I would tap the seek button. I would then set up the scare by talking about the dead woman who used to own the car and how the radio would just change sations sometimes. Of course, I listened to the local rock sation and most local stations were country so I would play up how the old lady didn't like that rock crap and always changed the station to C&W. A few of those always had them on edge.

The later when we would go to leave wherever we were, I would hit the key and not punch the gas "Uh-oh, dead battery." About that time I would tap the seek button and just keep changing the station. The girl would already be primed from the earlier setup, then get worried when the car wouldn't start, but when that radio started jumping stations, it was a hoot. One particular honey jumped out of the car and it took me 30 minutes to convince her it was a joke and get her back in to take her home. I got a lot of fun out of that old car.

moparboy440, czuch and Speedy Canuck like this.
  22. Gotta love a sence of humor lol!

23. nissanboy1993

nissanboy1993

a while back when i got my 95 Nissan 240sx a lot of strange things happened. im now 21 as of April 29th 2014 i bought the car in October of 2011 from an older gent. he said it was his fathers daily driver and that his father passed away 3 weeks before i bought the car. for instance whenever i would get near the car i would hear low mutter of words. almost satanic like. when walking past the car or smoking a cigarette the cars interior light would just out of nowhere just come on. when the car was sitting in the garage with NO DAMN ENGINE id hear it randomly start and rev. id come out and all is silent. no exhaust smell no nothing. maybe im out of my mind. or id hear it playing music and i would hear my sub woofer in the trunk vibrating my house. id come out and yet again all is silent. i took it to a local paranormal investigator for shits and giggles and long story short. he would not go ANYWHERE near my car. threatened me and told me to get it out of his presence. hmm.... something isn't right about this car.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  24. Gas Giant

Gas Giant

Its getting to that time of year again. Any new ones?

25. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

This cant be a "ghost thread" at this time of year.
    Lets resurrect it and freak each other out.
    I was sitting in my '61 Galaxie the other day making motor noises when the FEDEX guy pulled up with the main bearings.

Spooky likes this.
  26. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

This one tickled me... In 1960, we had a friend name Kim. He drove his older sister's '59 Impala convert all the time, his '49 Olds wasn't quite finished. He was very easily led into 'deep anxiety' when ghost stories were told...(heh, heh...)
    Ramsay told the old one about the hook, (but the hook guy had escaped from Agnews State Hospital, in our neck of the woods...'For the criminally insane' was one of its claims to fame/or infame)

So, Kim has this new girl friend, a little 16 yr old blonde, real cute. His big date was to culminate up by Stevens Creek dam, (great makeout spot in those days)
    My late grandfather had been a butcher from 1896 to 1940, had a shop in town and a cooling icebox in the cellar, many tools, Oh, some big meat hooks!
    Ramsay and I grabbed one, drove up to the dam...we could see Kim's Chevy "Imp" parked a ways up from the spillway, alongside a berm. Good cover...
    I took the hook, and we snuck up to the car...Couldn't hook the door handle sufficiently, but just hung it in the gunwale of the passenger door, at the quarter window.
    Ramsay grabbed the right 'wing', and shook the devil out of the 'Imp'...I made a loud roar, "Arrrggghhh!" and the engine started...the 250 W wound up the turbuglide and showered gravel all over...Kim had it nearly sideways, we were on the ground behind the berm laughing so hard we barely heard the 'bump!' "Mario AnKimmy" lost it, and ran into the mountain...then backed up and was off, never slowing for the turns...
    We rode up to the Burger Farm in Ramsay's '40, and Kim and his girl friend were standing in the middle of all our friends, and some 'curious onlookers'...Kim's face was white-as-a-ghost, and he was waving this Hook while relating his story, with back tracking every 30 seconds...
    But he said he'd SEEN the lunatic, bloody arm and all...The maniac had reached inside, just inches away from his girlfriend's head...That's when he went into action.
    He was asking everyone to 'caravan' up there, to see the body of the escaped killer...Yes, Kim had run over him.
    Nobody caravanned up there, we said "We'll read about it in the paper..."
    We never told Kimmy it was us.
    I saw him years later (1986) he was married, living in Southern California...he came to my shop, we went for a beer. I asked him, "Remember that maniac from Agnews with the hook?" He got that panic look again, when I mentioned that the hook man had been released...
    LOL Poor Kim.

Speedy Canuck likes this.
  27. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Mineral Spirits?.....There are much better spirits available!

28. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

Posted this one years back....Time to revsit
    In 1982 I purchased a clean 61 Coupe De Ville from an elderly gentleman in Indio Ca, Being the desert car that it was it was real clean and rust free but had a sandblasted windshield. I brought it home and parked it in the garage. About a month after I bought it Guillermo my Panamanian gardener was furiously knocking at my door. He explained to me that he was in the garage to borrow my hedge clippers and that when he turned on the light and stood in just the right place he could see an image of the Virgin Mary in the sandblasted Caddy windshield. I laughed it off and thought nothing of it. Guilermo could not contain himself and soon word of his discovery spread throughout the Central/South American immigrant community. Pretty soon I had people knocking at my door at all hours to see the car. I figured what the hell why dont I start charging 10 bucks a head to see the Virgin Mary Cadillac. This got way bigger than I ever imagined and there were people lined up for blocks for a month or so to see the car. All went well and the cash was pouring in until one night when I was closing up shop. I slammed the garage door shut and then I heard a loud crash from inside the garage. DAMM!!! a box had fallen out of the rafters and fallen breaking the windshield of the Caddy. Obviously a message from the heavens. So I took the $182,000.00 that I made and went to Boyds shop and bought brand new pink and turquoise Boydster and then to the Pontiac dealer and bought a new Trans Am with the big chicken decal on the hood. With the money I had left I bought some gold chains and a Rolex. All was well until about six months later I was contacted by the IRS wanting to collect taxes on the $182,000.00 I made. Obviously another message from the heavens. So to avoid jail I sold the Boydster, the Trans Am and the jewelry at a great loss to pay the taxman. What a bitter experience!!!
    So now I do not even mess with haunted cars. Are you sorry you asked??

chryslerfan55 and czuch like this.
  29. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Lets dust this off and see if it will come back to life.

30. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I thought this thread got locked. Creepy.........:rolleyes:

czuch likes this.