Register now to get rid of these ads!

Did I jump the cut coils shark tank?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NAES, Oct 9, 2013.

1. NAES

NAES

Hey all ive been putting in time on my 64 C10. I Z'ed the front frame and cut the front coils 2 loops to bring it down. Problem is that the coils will move out of their pockets at full suspension extension. I haven't put shocks up there yet to help limit the travel but i just wanted to see if others had similar issues. It looks like i could put a bumpstop on the upper arm to keep a little tension on the spring. Any other ideas folks?

thanks as usual. NAES

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. pastlane

pastlane

Yep, spring is too short now. Will need a suspension limiter of some kind to keep the spring in place when you unload the suspension. Two full coils is a lot. Expect a pretty stiff ride.

When I lowered my O/T pickup years ago I used the snubbers off an old set of slapper traction bars

3. LOWBLAZERO1

LOWBLAZERO1

2 coils is WAY too much. you need new springs in my opinion .and drop spindles

4. Yup 1- 1/4 no more

5. VNTGE41

VNTGE41
    from l.a.

Put your shocks, they'll keep the springs from falling out of place. Prob gonna be a bouncy ride

6. 1955IHC

1955IHC

I would make some a travel limiter. A good old piece of chain works. Use it all the time on ot off-road trucks. Don't rely on your shocks to due the job you will just tear them up. All that said though it really sounds like you need new springs.

Sent via Illinois Bell Telephone Company's Car Radiotelephone

7. NAES

NAES

Cool guys thanks for the info. I'll add front springs to my swap meet checklist!