Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who going to Hershey this year?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KStewart, Oct 3, 2013.

1. KStewart

KStewart

I am leaving next Tuesday at 6AM should get there in 5 hours if no breakdowns?

Attached Files:

2. joeybsyc

joeybsyc
    from PA

I haven't been to Hershey in years, but hear it's all paved now and not a mud pit anymore... Trouble is, I can't go until friday, and someone told me today that most vendors pack up on friday and that if i can't go wednesday or thursday I might as well stay home... is this true? I'm not really looking for anything in particular, but also don't want to make the drive if there won't be any parts to see on friday... thoughts?

3. ..............So, are you selling that sweet little 5-window?

4. oldolds

oldolds

Even if half of the vendors are gone by Friday it still is the biggest and best chance to find what you need on the East coast! Get there at 8am. and start shopping you will get at least 4 good hours in. Just remember you will have to buy it when you see it. It will be prob be gone by 3.

As a vendor I will say that most of the good stuff will be gone by Friday, unless I want too much for it.

5. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We'll be there around 11:00am on Wednesday. Been going since 1983 !

6. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

a friend and i are leaving thursday nite, we'll have friday and saturday to walk the fields and hopefully find what we're looking for. i think most vendors start packing up sat. around noon.

7. 5window

5window

I'll be there Wednesday, and again Saturday for the show-I'd say bull to the Friday poopoos. Very few vendors will invest the time and money to do just 2 days of a 4 days show-and there will still be plenty to buy. Saturday is the really spotty day as a lot of vendors close because they want to see the judged show-so others leave too-but if you're into bargains-or like to cruise the trash piles (I have found some great stuff) then Saturday's fine.

8. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

I'll be there on Wednesday, walking 'till I drop and then walking some more. If you live through a full day of walking at Hershey, pulling a wagon full of junk, you don't need a cardiogram.

9. 5window

5window

I've lost 50 pounds since I walked Hershey last year, and I walk 4 miles or more pretty much daily. This year, I've got quick drying, wick-away shirt and pants, Keen hiking shoes, Smart-wool hiking socks and special light weight, non chafing trekking undies. I've got a lightweight poncho, regular poncho and heavy duty raincoat/windbreaker. I'm all set! Now all I have to do is stay out of the way of those damn power scooters-if you need it fine-just watch where your going-we know you can't drive and look at the parts/women at the same time!

10. joeybsyc

joeybsyc
    from PA

Good to know! I'm planning to go in that case! All I need are a set of repro 15" rally wheel rings anyhow, should be able to find them on any given day I'd guess.

11. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Packed and ready to roll. Good advise above here,If you find it weds,make your best deal and move on,you dont want to waste time and you do want to cover as much as possible.Good luck guys!!!

12. MT26

MT26
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Will be there on Wednesday this year.

13. alwaystiredlong

alwaystiredlong

Will be there on thursday.

14. TRod

TRod

Leaving first thing tomorrow morning. Walk around Tuesday while vendors set up and then Wednesday when the crowd starts coming in.

15. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

I got Hershey kisses in my underware

16. 5window

5window

Local weather has Wednesday great then the usual 40-50% rain. Ah, well it wouldn't be Hershey without liquid sunshine.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  17. Kilowatt

Kilowatt
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll be there on Friday

18. josh highley

josh highley

Heading out tonight, so I can be there first thing in the morning. Always love Hershey!

19. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Watch the weather fellas.We will be power buying on Weds.Dont forget your rubbers and slickers.Heading out in 30 minutes!!!

20. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

The weather gods must have forgotten about Hershey. Saturdays long range forecast was sun for the entire week. Oops, they must have remembered Hershey is coming, so we better bring in the rain. Oh well, See you tomorrow!

21. Ace5n85

Ace5n85

Im heading down tomorrow morning! I'm a Hershey virgin (easy fellas), what time is the best time to show up? i was planning on arriving at 9 or 10, or will most spots still be setting up on the first day?

22. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

I'll be out there tomorrow morning as soon as it's light enough to see.

23. 5window

5window

People are setting up-and dealing today. if the weather is good-show up early-10 is LATE. Bring-very comfortable shoes and socks, water, MONEY, a raincoat (I don't care what the weatherman says-it's Hershey-bring a raincoat), a hat,sunblock, a camera, money to tip the bathroom assitants (a quarter is standard, feel free to give more-appreciate what they do and don't stiff them), lists of what you need or want, layers of clothing and a smile. It's like Christmas Eve-anything you want might be there and probably will be.

24. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Yes, it's always prudent to plan on any sort of weather from 30 and snowing to 95 and sunny.

25. '52 F-3

'52 F-3

I'm planning on wandering around a few hours this afternoon. maybe take acouple pics......

26. 5window

5window

I just got back home (80 miles) from a nice day, though the sun wasn't shining. Pretty good vendor turnout, fair mob of walkers. Not many actual suppliers-somehow it seems like every other vendor was selling old signs at a pretty good price. I had a great time and logged 13.2 miles. I am now sitting down.

27. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

Last minute decesion to go there today....weather was a little bit chilly but I did run into some good deals....met a lot of hambers and old friends...hopefully made some new ones....had a good time and right now I am tired and ready to chill out and watch some boob tube...pickers 8-11...all new shows....stan

28. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

I walked from 7:00 to 5:30 yesterday and hauled three wagonloads of junk back to my truck. No sun, but no rain either. From the looks of the weather report, yesterday was the day to be there.

29. joeybsyc

joeybsyc
    from PA

How early is too early? Will there be people parking cars as early as 6 am on Friday? Any chance of free parking that early?

30. rustynutz

rustynutz

Got there @ 5:00 am yesterday, no chance of free parking, but there is no admission fee for the meet.