Register now to get rid of these ads!

1950 Plymouth 3" dropped spindles

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 348tripower, Oct 7, 2013.

1. 348tripower

348tripower

Does anybody have the info on modifying the steering arms that they would be willing to share? I am going to drop my own using the info from another thread on here and a spare set of uprights.
    Thanks,
    Don

2. motorcade 1

motorcade 1

got you covered brother; put left on the right side right on the left side just think about it for a minute while you look at the parts and you will say that motorcade guy is a genius.Worked perfect on my 51 coupe. dont heat or bend anything.

3. 348tripower

348tripower

Thanks. The only other thing I need is the measurement from the floor to the centerline of the rack. I welded a motor mount over the old box holes and I can't put it back on to get that.
    Don

4. motorcade 1

motorcade 1

your first post didnt mention you put a rack on the car my 51 coupe has the stock steering box fat man drop uprights on that car I switched steering arms r-l on my 51 wagon that I installed a rear steer power r-p I left the steering arms stock because of no drop in the spindle other than cutting 1 coil. The same shop aligned both cars with great results,hope that helps