Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Mexicali Merc, another 40 Custom in the works

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Sledge, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

Those Mercs are cool! :D:)

2. Looking at your avatar, you've had enough already.:eek:

3. sled

sled

Good news from the Big Three swap meet ,Kev has bought the rear Ford 46 bumper for me,Thanks bud,another piece of the puzzle fits on..still lookin for a half grill,hard to find these days..

4. devilscustom

devilscustom
    from Sweden

5. sled

sled

Devil,sorry..just saw the thread now..

Kev is relocating in a cool huge place these days so no time to work on the Merc..but i did bought a bunch from him,small of hard to find details,parts,trimmings,better rear fenders (both) and so on

So,this is a great step forward already ..and when he's ready we'll all see here some more metalwork done

Also we agreed on moving the Merc to a trusted mechanic to start the flattie after who knows how many years (i got this Merc since 6 years ago aprox and never attempted to start it) ,plus fixin all the brakes and make it a runner..cant wait!!!;):D

6. fryguy

fryguy

Thanks Kevan for the Info today. Looking through this thread shows just how talented you are. You have a well trained eye for what looks "just right". Hopefully one day, I will have one just as nice.

Fryguy

7. sled

sled

Cant wait til Kev will restart on the Mexicali...I guess the next move is to check If the flattie will start after many year sitting...turns free ,so lets see how it goes
    New brakes are in order too:D

8. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

This thread is still sitting in my sub'd list, waiting for the game to start again, looking forward to some more updates, sounds like there might be some murmouring going on??

9. sled

sled

Outback,Kev is setting up a new huge garage so he's in the middle of moving cars and stuff in there..once is set and according to his prioritys he'll be back to the Mexicali..
    Obviously i cant wait :eek::D..Kev,what do you reckon?????;)

10. fryguy

fryguy

Hows this coming along Sled?

11. sled

sled

Just spoke Yesterday with Kev and he's slowly recovering from an eye infection ..he's getting better every day but it takes time for him to fully get back to metal work...
    Plus he has couple cars working on at the same time,so he'll split some time on each one...
    Can't wait tosee some news on it myself
    Kev mentioned that front axle needs to be dropped too,to make shackles work properly plus obtaining the desired taildraggin look,that a must have detail
    Thanks for asking fryguy

12. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

We are more people waiting for news, Sled! :D

13. fryguy

fryguy

Sorry to hear about Kev, I'll have to reach out to him to see how he's feeling. I am been battling a parasitic/bacterial infection all summer thats kept me bedridden most of the summer as well. Its threads like this that keep me positive.

Sled you are going to have one of the baddest Merc's on the planet.

14. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Sorry to hear aboat your eyeball kevan, bummed you could'ent make it to Ventura, it was great! hung out with marky, jesus, drunk mike , parker and stephan, we all miss you man, get well soon.

15. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Thanks guys. yeah I got a bad eye infection about a month ago and also been dealing with the passing of my best friend, so life has not been easy for about the last 6 weeks. My eye is finally getting better so Im back to work this week. I plan on getting more work done on the Mexicali very soon! Thanks for being patient Reno!

Sorry to hear about your illness Fryguy. Hopefully you can get better soon and start on your Merc!

16. sled

sled

Hey Kev,glad to hear youre recovering and gettin better ...yeah,life is really hard sometimes ,it can happen to all of us,nothin is certain ..and takes very little to be out of the game forever...you have prioritys now Kev,so follow those first...and remember that you're NOT alone ,no matter where we live amigo!!!
    In any case i feel very previleged to have a masterpiece from you ,i dont mind waitin a bit ..best!!

Fryguy...also the best wishes for a prompt recovery ...

17. 1EvilPaul

1EvilPaul

Really cool pics

18. dragonknucks

dragonknucks

A

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

19. fryguy

fryguy

Kevan, had chance to move back onto this?

20. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kev, you have some serious metalworking skills! I am envious. Maybe I will get you to chop my 54 Chevy! :)

21. What a story,the things we do with the cars we love thanks hope to talk to u soon

22. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Hey guys I will be back on this car in the next few weeks. Just trying to play catch up right now from losing a few months. Thanks again for being patient Reno!

23. sled

sled

Hey Kev,that's officially some good news!!!!
    The world is waitin for you Master...

24. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Master??? Masterbater maybe, hahahahaha

25. fleet-master

fleet-master

better to be the Master than the Grasshopper !! (showing my age here referring to 70's TV progs! ) btw Kevan, I picked up that 57 Chev hood from shipper and am real pleased . Many thanks again brother.

26. sled

sled

master metal beater sound better???ah,ah,ah

have a great weekend on the Anthony's memorial amigo!!Wish to be there

27. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Finally getting a little more work done! got the windshield welded up tonight so the metal work on the roof is basically done now. Still need to do some hammer/dolly, and file work but it's close. So Im actually working on three 40 mercs at the moment and have a 4th one waiting. to say I've got my hands full is an understatement, but excited to get back to work on the Mexicali!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got a little merc factory going on over here!:p
    [​IMG]

28. CadMad

CadMad

The Mercury is rising!

29. hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Tell that slacker buddy of yours he needs to finish that maroon merc.

30. devilscustom

devilscustom
    from Sweden

Shit really nice job you are doing on those Mercs