Register now to get rid of these ads!

1938 Chevrolet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Putzer, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Putzer

Putzer
    from Midwest

Will a 1938 Chevy truck radiator V-Rod support ( firewall to top of radiator ) fit a 1938 Chevrolet Master. I am not concerned with air cleaner interference. Thanks. [email protected]

2. Zoomzoooie

Zoomzoooie
    from BC Canada

I came across some info the other day that said the V rod without the airfilter bend is for trucks. I don't know if this included the 1/2 ton. Maybe you know?

My '38 1/2 ton pickup has the V rod with the bend in it to clear the airfilter. It might not be original to my truck. I know the car and truck grill are different, but I don't know by how much. The V rod goes up from the firewall to the rad support. I can't get an exact measurement, but it looks somewhere around 4, 1/2".

So if all truck V rods are straight then the one on my truck is from a car and straight truck V rods will fit your car.

Here's the measurements of my V rod:
    27, 15/16" with ends on the floor and 35, 1/2" apart inside to inside, to front mounting holes.
    2, 3/4" front mount holes center to center.
    26, 15/16" firewall to front mount holes.
    36" firewall mounting holes center to center.

If your's is staight and you want the bends to clear the airfilter, I would be interested in a trade for a straight one.