Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Anyone remember this '47 Ford from Washington State?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2many projects, Oct 6, 2013.

1. I would love to chat with the builder sometime. Man has TALENT with a capital T.
    Doug McLester who built this Ford has some serious abilities. I'd like to swap tales with this man someday.

Attached Files:

2. I made some minor updates to my Ford but nothing I hope to upset the builders original intent (I hope).
    It would be neat to get in touch with the man and give him my complements.

Attached Files:

3. spuds

spuds
    from Idaho

What all have you changed?

4. Mostly minor mechanical upgrades to the suspension and fuel system. Also replaced the Budniks with some staggered 5 spoke rims.
    This week I did some air conditioning work on it.

5. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

you have his name... do a google search and call him

6. Rogueman

Rogueman

We bought a 47 ford convertible. Got it home last weekend. Took it to it's first show Saturday. My wife wants it Red like you car. Ours is all Blue everywhere.

It has all the chrome and door handles. I really don't care about the owner before me. I'm going to do it like my wife wants it. At least I am going to make her believe that. I know I won't be putting poppers on it.

My buddy had to catch a ride home from the gas station last week because of no outside handle.

You have a very nice car. I love the color, but you have to make it your car.

7. The red color is a Porsche color, I belive Porsche offered it in the mid 80's thru the mid 90's. It was named Guards Red.
    Mine was shot with a white primer under the red for additional pop.
    Cosmeticly I see no need to change anything other than some interior pieces just for the sake of updating.
    He built it just the way I would have, if I possessed that man's talent.
    I did pull the Budniks and switched to a set of staggered 5 spokes.
    I also have off to the side in the garage a set of steelies and wide whites but I'm not sure that's going to work on this car.
    Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

8. I can't say I recall the car, but it may have been from the north end of the state (Seattle area?).

In any case, you can't go wrong with steelies (maybe reversed rears), wide whites and the stock
    Ford caps!